Universal Big Bang Racing (by Traplight Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    Great game Hiipi! Having a lot of fun with it.

2. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I'm enjoying it too, it has a good Joe Danger, Bike Baron vibe

3. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    Are there any decent teams I can join? I see the TA one is already full :(

4. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Problem is until the game gets updated with ability to clean up the team (kick out members not participating), not really.
    Best bet right now is join any team that's open, and once the ability to manage teams is available, team shopping should be easier/better

5. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    Ok, thanks Mr Charley :)

6. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    #46 Mr. Charley, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    Edit; nm

7. traplightgames

traplightgames Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Game developer
    Tampere, Finland
    The Ejection Day

Hi guys! Just wanted to let you know that the awaited day is finally coming! We're adding the Team Kick Feature, and after this season the Team Leaders will be able to decide the destiny of their team members! If you've been slacking off and just hanging out in a team without really contributing, this is the perfect time to get your act together and show your Team Leader what you are made of ;)

The Ejection Day Event starts when the next update is downloadable from the stores. There might be other surprises too, so stay alert! :)

EjectionDay1_small.png

8. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Sweeet!

9. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    1. Very impressed with this one. I've been playing for the past week and it's hitting all the right buttons for me. Incredibly fun with lots of stuff to do.

2. Unlock the bike as soon as possible. It is much quicker and just FEELS better. Racing is a blast and maneuvering the bike over obstacles feels surprisingly Trials-like. I haven't even touched the car since getting the bike.

3. Level editors are usually something I want but never use. The level editor in this game is fantastic though. One of the best I've seen for a game like this. Super simple. I can't stop.

4. I see a lot of opponents doing wheelies. Does that make you go faster? It's hard for me to tell.

5. I really hope you guys are making money off this game and it has a long life.

6. Check out this level I made. It's a giant erupting volcano and it took days to get it right.
    https://bbr.traplightgames.com/level/57a107db3e00004000ee31e6/ (or search "Vesuvius")

10. Hiipi

Hiipi Active Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Graphics Dude
    Tampere, Finland
    #50 Hiipi, Aug 5, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    Thumb up for Vesuvius!!
    [​IMG]

11. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Totally agree on all points (though I focused on the car) :)

Also tried your level. Hard core. Great imagination! Following you now!

12. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    I like the bike and the car equally. Each has its own special driving characteristics, each has a unique skill tree for leveling up based on unique parts, each have their own campaign mode with unique tracks, and each has its own league with unique tracks..

And yes, Wheelies, on the bike, do increase your speed.. As a test, when you are in a close race with someone, give the wheelie a good long try, and it will take you over the threshold if you are good at it...

13. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Nice level! A spectacle as well, and I too also enjoy these fast paced racing levels.

You can also check out my level - "Downhill Mania!" which I hope you guys enjoy, let me know what you think?

14. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Very fun level! I MegaLike'd it.

15. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Tried it, enjoyed it, like it! :)
    Following you as well now!

16. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    #56 GiHubb, Aug 7, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    Glad you liked my level! I never created a level in my life on any game but here the editor is so intuitive, just a blast to use it!

It's a real shame though that some of the items are "rare" and therefore limited me from creating the level I really wanted to make using multiple portals and switches. In my opinion, all items that are for functionality, should be "common", I'd only assign some of the fancy decorations as "rare".

I'm ok with the "gaining pieces from chests" mechanic as it ensures you do play the game and are exposed to different level types before you create your own, but again, it doesn't make sense that after playing a lot of this, I still didn't have a single switch and only 1 portal and had to compromise my vision with the level I did create. The "masterpiece" I have in my head didn't get created.

A final suggestion: add IAP to remove ads (but still allow us of course to spin the wheel for adventure levels, just without the ad.)

Small unrelated question: is there a way to see how many nitro boosts I have left prior to entering a race? (from the main menu)

17. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    I'm late to the party but I love this genre :) is iCloud between devices supported? Also what's the happening team around here, TA? Any room for me?

18. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Right now the team is full but the next update which is scheduled to arrive shortly, see previous page on this thread, will allow leaders of teams to kick players out and make room for new members.

19. traplightgames

traplightgames Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Game developer
    Tampere, Finland
    #59 traplightgames, Aug 8, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    Hi there! iCloud saving is definitely supported :) So just start playing with one device and you will be able to continue with any other device that is also connected to the same iCloud account.

Also, just as GiHubb said, the update is coming as soon as it is through from Apple review process (which can sometimes be a bit slow, unfortunately), and in that update we have added the Kick Feature. Just stay alert and as soon as the update is out, go check if there is room in the TA Team. You should be able to get in then! :)

20. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Hey TrapLightGamrs, out of curiosity, does everyone play the exact same adventure levels? That is, would level say 43 be identical for everyone?