Universal Big Action Mega Fight! (by Execution Labs)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Nov 7, 2013.

1. deemen

deemen Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2013
    That's Brooke, she's coming soon!

That's a good idea for the menu item instead of popups. I will see when we can schedule that for a patch. Thanks for playing!

2. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    First neighborhood changed from 1 premium currency to claim every hour, to 50 coins to claim every 4 hours. I also received a "bonus" premium currency (random from any neighborhood, apparently).
    None of the neighborhoods give guaranteed premium currency... Unless the new levels' do, but I doubt it.

Boo!
    Lame!
    Giving us guaranteed premium currency partly makes up for having a timer to refill lives. It was actually guaranteed to get more to spend on the instant refill. Though I haven't ever bothered doing so. I went and played something else... Exactly what you don't want.

If you change the timer any worse than 20 minutes per life refilled (up to 3 lives) then that is just making things even worse. Don't even think about it. 20 minutes is actually not as bad as- Argh! You see what you made me do?! I almost sort of complemented a timer! Their infection is spreading! :p

I'm still playing the game because it's actually pretty fun and the timer isn't a complete block. So... Um... Good job on making a semi-tolerable timer? :p

3. deemen

deemen Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2013
    With the change we made you should actually be getting more premium currency on average than 1 per hour, and now it increases as you progress through the game (which is what we intended with the patch).

We also changed the timing and rewards of the neighborhoods to give exponentially more coins making the upgrades and specials easier to get achieve without having to grind too much.

No plans to lengthen the timer in the near future (we might even be removing it if the mechanics we have planned in the next patch work properly).

How do you like the new enemies / holiday theme? The new enemies were backported into all the early levels, so you can go replay them as well.

4. unicowz

unicowz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2013
    are there more updates planned? im really liking this game but i would like even more enemies and stages

keep up the awesome work!

5. deemen

deemen Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2013
    Yes! Many more updates planned. We plan to add another enemy as well as a new attack type by new year. We'll also be adding random drops of power ups and adding upgrades for the special powers. Stay tuned!

6. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    #86 Intendro, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    Well, okay.

And I like that I don't have to start up the game every 2 hours to constantly claim money.

The new enemies change things up some, so that's good. There were only like 4 enemies before, excluding pallette swaps.

The holiday theme is nice, though it doesn't really fit the theme of the game, so I'd prefer not to use it. :p

No lives timer? Do it! :cool:

When is the new player character going to be available, and are they obtainable by spending in-game money? Price? Free? :)
    I have lots of money saved up, though I haven't maxed out HP yet. I'm thinking I need to go ahead and upgrade it more, but I'll need to upgrade the new character too...
    And I can't afford the last HP upgrade yet. Haven't actually bought the second-to-last.

7. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    Freakin' hilarious that they put the Wilhelm Scream as a sound effect!

8. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    #88 Intendro, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
    The game is crashing instead of working offline?! :mad:
    Or is it-
    It isn't even working online...
    Crashes halfway through the loading bar either way.
    No good. :(

It did start up earlier with the update! I just received a "all your free coins are available to get" message and... This crashing happened. Not working.

And you better let the game keep working offline.
    Single player means offline... :rolleyes:

I restored my previous iphone backup and it works again, and offline.

Before all that I just started up the game and looked at the new stuff, not doing anything. Then I started the game after the "your free coins are available" notification and the crashing problem started.

She's in the new scenes. When is she playable?

9. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    #89 Intendro, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
    It happened again! Argh!!! I tapped the "all free coins available" notification from the Notification Center and my save is apparently corrupt again!!! :mad: :(

10. deemen

deemen Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2013
    Hi Intendro,

I sent you a PM. You're the first person we've heard of affected by this, so let's debug it. If anyone else is having similar problems, please feel free to reply here or PM.

11. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    #91 Intendro, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
    I sent you a response, then an additional message because I realized I should have said that I tapped the notification while it was in the Notification Center. :p

Then again, it might not matter except for using the notification to enter the game.

It seems to be entering the game from the notification that causes the problem.

Also, I think that one time I entered the game while the notification was there, but I used the icon to enter, and my save wasn't messed up!

...Got an iTunes backup extractor to hopefully be able to restore just the one app.
    If I simply insert the game's data and overwrite the current data, will that work? I would guess yes, unless iTunes does something more than that and changes something else...
    And does this apply to all apps?
    I'd like to be able to just restore the one game, because... Not everything backs up in the iTunes backup... :eek:
    Like movies in the Flixster app. Even comics in ComiXology weren't backed up. What's up with this? Had to download them all over again, and will have to again unless I can restore separate apps... :eek:

I took the data from the iTunes backup and put it in the app. The game works again.
    On a somewhat amusing note, here's a picture of a glitch that might occur if you rotate the screen at a certain time while starting the game. The screen isn't rotated correctly, as you can see. It can be rotated back to make it normal without closing the app:

Attached Files:

12. deemen

deemen Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2013
    Glad to hear you found a workaround. We are looking into the problem now. I also replied to your PM.

About the glitch: We've seen that before, seems to be a bug with Marmalade (our framework). Might be fixed in later versions.

Cheers!

13. deemen

deemen Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2013
    A note to everyone: We managed to fix the issue that was corrupting save files. Unfortunately this will require us to send a patch to Apple which can take 1-2 weeks to get approved. We will see if it is possible to get an expedited review, but in case we can't, please refrain from opening BAMF through the notification center.

Cheers!

14. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    So what about my question on when the new player character is available? :)

15. deemen

deemen Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2013
    Hopefully not too much longer. Our artist is leaving on vacation next week though, so we won't be able to create a new character until he gets back.

16. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    Will they be free?
    Cost premium currency?
    Cost regular currency?

17. deemen

deemen Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2013
    We're not sure at the moment. I'll let you know when we decide. Which would you prefer?

18. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    What about the thing with the upgrades where you can spend regular coins, with option for gold teeth if you don't have enough?

Or free. :p

19. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    How in the flipping heck do u beat level 17, it's impossible to get through that level in time?

My Suggestion, please take out the timed levels..(it's fine for points but that should be it)

Also add a throw button or something because its to hard to get it to register a circle every time without it registering a punch( letting the chickens blow the stuff outta u)

20. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    #100 Intendro, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
    I have also been having issues with sometimes punching instead of throwing. :(
    The punch happens before I let go of the screen. I was doing the circular motion.

There's no "swipe down" attack. Maybe throw could be put on that? :)