Universal Big Action Mega Fight! (by Execution Labs)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Nov 7, 2013.

1. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    If you go near them, they stop still and explode after a couple of seconds. A good strategy is to roll up to them then quickly roll away again.

2. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    *deleted, with much regret. I have added it to my watch list and will follow its future updates, hoping for the best.

3. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    #63 Echoen, Nov 10, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
    I like how you take on a bunch of cocks, Kat. ;) Yeah I used to let them blow themselves up but it's not viable in every scenario. It's also faster to just kill them yourself and throws save time when they come alternating from both sides if you don't have a special up.

I ragequit because I couldn't consistently pull off the throw gesture. :p I was already hating on the combat controls int he first place. And then I really quit because I'm personally looking for something more complex and I wasn't satisfied with how short stages last. It's a fairly polished game but I couldn't like it enough to keep playing. One suggestion I do have is to let dodge cancel out of attacks and recovery frames except for specials.

Edit: I don't like the control scheme but it works and is very responsive

4. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Really... I found performing the throw to be buttery smooth. In fact, I found it easier than doing Zangief's piledriver.

Just do a small circle.

5. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    Me too.
    The smooth controls are what made me fall in (short-lived)love with this game.

6. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Me too, but just because it wouldn't boot up. Open --> see devs screen --> crash. Tried to clean memory, reboot phone, etc. Nothing worked. I'm pretty sure it's because of many friends in GC...

7. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    No, its a bug. Theresa fix for it in the thread. You have to change your location to us or Canada, or something like that.

8. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Oof. Disappointing to see that buying the coin doubler doesn't remove ads!

9. deemen

deemen Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2013
    Can you tell me which ads you are getting? Our advertiser is supposed to disable them when a person has purchased an IAP.

10. jeandenishaas

jeandenishaas Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 29, 2010
    Senior Lead Animator at ILM
    US
    Don't mind the controls

I read and heard some negative impressions regarding the controls but I have to say it all works really well, including the tap to walk-there thing. I'm not too far into it yet, but so far the first impressions were great.

11. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Can't remember at the moment. I'll watch out for them and PM you when I see them again.

12. deemen

deemen Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2013
    Thanks for that. If something is misconfigured on our end I will definitely fix it.

13. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Not seeing the ads now. Have sent a PM with more details of what I saw, but experience has been fine this evening.

14. deemen

deemen Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2013
    A patch to fix the crash on startup and a couple of other issues has been approved yesterday, so the game should now be more stable. We also added 3 new levels!

15. B30

B30 Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Planet Earth
    I think, I'm done with this now, it's sooo unbalanced, you can't get through higher levels without a shitload of IAP. No, thanks – I'm out.

16. shortandnoisy

shortandnoisy Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    UK
    Did this get briefly pulled out the App Store? TA is showing it as released today

17. deemen

deemen Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2013
    Hmm no, it was updated on Monday but we never pulled it.

18. shortandnoisy

shortandnoisy Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    UK
    Yeah I see the update, and the TA app lists the update in the history, but on my watch list it shows released 14 hours ago.

19. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Timers?

The game does not want me to play?

Why would I use currency of any sort to remove this? Especially temporarily.

And then, if there's a permanent removal, well why pay when waiting is free? But then the game is preventing play, the opposite of what it wants you to do. They can't win either way.

Timers are simply an annoyance that exists solely to try to get people to pay money.

Well... Why would I pay to get rid of a stupid annoyance? There should not be a stupid annoyance. Making me annoyed won't make me pay money, like how making a bad game won't make me buy it. Timers have backwards logic.

Timers still exist? :mad:

20. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Still playing this on and off.

The ads after buying an IAP definitely seem to be restricted to the ones for the BAMF! merchandise - I've had a few of them today. Would still rather this was a menu item somewhere rather than pop ups.

What's the deal with the blond kid in the title screen? Does he ever become playable?