Universal Big Action Mega Fight! (by Execution Labs)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Nov 7, 2013.

1. cthulhufan

cthulhufan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 5, 2013
    Systems Engineer
    Missouri
    Right, I got that as well around lvl 8 or 9. Seems you will either need to pay up with gold teeth or wait for the timer.

2. PixelRay

PixelRay Member

Nov 8, 2013
    Creative Director / Programmer for Pixel Crucible
    Montreal
    Game Impressions

This game is pretty sweet! Plays great on iPad Mini. Super stylish visuals and amazing soundtrack. Great job guys!

Really enjoying it so far. :)

3. deemen

deemen Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2013
    #23 deemen, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
    We are working on this bug right now. I will keep you updated on it.

It's based on an old-school arcade model. You lose lives when you die, then you can either wait or pay to continue. If you don't die, you can continue to play.

4. Mysticpete

Mysticpete Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    #24 Mysticpete, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
    Crashes

played first level on my ipod touch 4G then it crashed..after some time got it to load and played another level but keeps crashing after each level is complete and also there must be a sound bug coz i cant hear a single sound from game..plz fix so i can play game..thanks

5. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Look like it's a great game to download. I will try this

6. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    So if I buy an IAP for $2, I won't have ads...but ill still have a freemium experience with timers.
    Sorry. Ill pass. This is another great game ruined by freemium.

And no, it isn't based on an old arcade model...it's based on Candy Crush Economics.

7. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    It is a great game. It's the best Beat em up on iOS, but sadly it has dual currencies and timers.
    If they ever release a premium version, ill be the first to buy it for four or five bucks, until then, no thank you.

8. deemen

deemen Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2013
    To everyone experiencing crashes: We have a localization bug. If you change your phone to French or English it will work. We are pushing a fix to Apple ASAP.

9. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    No comments on the sneaky title yet: acronym first, title second, I presume?

10. B30

B30 Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Planet Earth
    Tried the softlaunch (Canada) version weeks ago, and now I tried the offical version and it's always the same, game crashes after the Execution Labs splash screen on my iPad2, damn. (Tried everything reinstall, restart, ...)

11. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    Two comments above yours will give you a temporary fix

12. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    Yeah I noticed that as soon as I saw my icon say "BAMF!"

13. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    1) I'd like to nominate this^ for "TA post of the year". Well said. Well said, indeed.
    2) this one disappoints me WAY more than most. This game is SO GOOD...but it is ruined. *sigh*

14. deemen

deemen Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2013
    Hey guys,

I appreciate your perspective, and we get it. Free to play isn't our ideal business model either. It's amazing that you'd be willing to pay $3 for the game, and that means a lot. But unfortunately the App Store has changed so that games charging money don't get noticed unless a big studio/publisher is advertising it.

We're a small team of 5 indie developers, and the best way for us to get noticed is to release a free game. We do this full time, so we do need to earn something, and that's why there are mechanics in the game meant to monetize, but we're looking to strike a balance that is respectful for players. Free to play doesn't necessarily mean a game is bad or aimed at abusing its player base.

Thanks again for downloading it and trying it out.

15. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Well said, deeman. I'm not a great fan of dual currencies, timers etc and I'd always rather not have them.

That said, I'm not sure I'd have picked up if it had been £3 for another beat-em-up this soon after Fist of Awesome, when there are so many other great games coming out right now.

I gave it a chance because it was free and the gameplay, controls and style are all excellent. It's hands down the best-controlling side-scrolling beat-em-up I've played on iOS.

However you feel about the payment model, if you like the genre you owe it to yourself to try this.

16. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Pro tip:

I didn't like the two-fingered swipe for the special until I realised it didn't have to be two fingers on one hand and the swipes don't have to be in the same direction.

I play with my thumbs and find that pulling them from the centre of the screen to the edges, as if parting a tiny pair of curtains, works best for me. (I'm sure there's a better way of phrasing that, but it's after midnight here and my brain's not working at full capacity!)

17. deemen

deemen Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2013
    Thanks for the feedback and for trying it out! I'll mark that as a bug and we'll improve it in a future patch.

18. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    A bug? I was trying to say how much I like the fact that I can activate the special that way! It really suits the way I play.

I only mentioned it because it wasn't obvious to me at first that I could do that.

19. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    Awesome tip. Ill try this.

20. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013

Thanks for your honesty, and addressing my (our) concerns.
    I respect and understand your decision. I just hope you respect and understand mine as well: I don't want to pay money for a freemium experience.
    Add a 3 dollar IAP that gets rid of both ads AND timers and ill be your first customer.
    With that^ and a coin doubler, this would be pretty much a premium experience.
    That's something to consider.

I hope you don't think I was being too hard on you with my comments. I was just being honest, and the fact is I was so incredibly disappointed in the freemium stuff because this game is SOOOOOOO GOOOOD!!!!

So, do you think there's any chance you guys would ever add an IAP to remove ads/timers (and make the doubler reasonably priced?)