iPad BIA update?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by jupiter21, Jan 22, 2009.

1. jupiter21

jupiter21 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    i was just wondering if there is any chance of an update? how have gameloft been in the past regarding updates?

because i think the although BIA is really fun on foot; the vehicle modes are unbearable for me, and it seems likes it really needs a fix...

also is there any way of contacting the developers or something? :confused:

thanks!

2. Peter321

Peter321 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Male
    I contacted their support regarding Asphalt 4 being unuseable after the latest updates (car drifting far to easily) and I've gotten several replies.

Some canned responses like "thank you for contacting us...please try to restart your device...re-install...etc".

Then when replying that, THAT is not the problem - a more personal response saying to wait for the next update which should be out in "a few weeks" - mind you this was before Xmas !!!

Asked then again in the first week of january - same reply - wait for the update in the next 2 weeks - yet still not update in the app store.

So, YES you can contact them - but whether you'll get anything usefull out of that is another question ;)

3. TRIPLE BEAM DREAM

TRIPLE BEAM DREAM Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Door County
    I have roughly 5 or 6 games from Gameloft, and I don't believe I've ever seen an update or don't remember. That's what happens with the big players. Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing them, most of there games are well done but they also charge alot. That's why it's important to support the small programmers when a good game comes out. Just my 2 cents.

4. Sierra275

Sierra275 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    nil
    Singapore
    Another thing that I've noticed is that smaller games from less big-shot developers tend to get more updates. For instance, Spawn Illuminati and Rebel Onslaught. Spawn just got a huge makeover, and Rebel Onslaught has just received some major improvements to it's gameplay. But all your big games, like HoS and BIA never see any significant updates besides bug fixes. Perhaps this can be justified, but it just goes to show that smaller devs really pay more attention to their community.

5. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

I think you're totally right there.
    Gameloft makes lots of good games, but almost never gives them an update :(.

6. RedStaR

RedStaR Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    The only GL updates I can remember off hand are Guitar Rock Tour stability updates

There were like 3-4 the last one making the game ipodtch compatible

GL will not update there games unless they get reports of crashes.

7. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    I wish they made that vehicle (not the tank) easier to move. That's really the most frustrating part of the game

8. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

I pretty much stopped playing once I did one of the vehicle levels. I wish it were all on foot. I like that gameplay a lot better.

9. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

Did the Spawn update disappear? I went to bed planning on updating this morning, but when I got up, all it apps were up to date. Weird. My spawn illuminati game is the same as it was before so ididnt accidentaly update it.

10. Der-Kleine

#10 Der-Kleine, Jan 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
    Well they can't make the controlls for the non tank vehicel like the ones of the tank. Have you seen a car going sideways :p?

11. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    If you're talking about the Jeep, on my iPhone it seems to only want to turn one direction! It's way too...nimble almost and kinda stutters around the map.. Just try to pound through those vehicle levels.. they are the worst, but usually there's some running around mixed in!

12. jupiter21

Jan 12, 2009
    hmm. how about we start a protest! and everyone gives the game a 1/2 star review, telling them to improve it, and then maybe it'll happen! lol.

13. wildmatt

wildmatt Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I thought it was the opposite actually, although I had problems with both the tank and vehicle. The only good thing about driving the truck is that is actually has analog controls....

14. jupiter21

Jan 12, 2009
    i couldnt stand the tank, but i literally couldnt drive the stupid jeep...

and i love playing on foot, its just the vehicles that ruin it...

15. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    why don't they keep releasing new expansion packs? It seems like it would take like a day to make a new level... give them a few weeks and you'd have a whole new campaign! they already have the engine ready, you would think they'd want to drive new sales!

16. Der-Kleine

The game isn't thaaat bad :p.
    I finished it in 1.5 days = pretty good, as i play almost all the time (in school, at home,... EVERYWHERE! :D)

Now i'm trying to finish "Rebel Onslaught" (I'm at level 5, "Desert" on easy and die all the time :()

17. jupiter21

Jan 12, 2009
    Yeah I do enjoy it when I'm not in a vehicle, but why would they fix it if it's seliing well with good reviews?

18. Der-Kleine

That's a hard qustion. Idk. I don't think they wuld. :(

19. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Sr. Web Developer
    Atlanta, GA
    Nope. Won't happen.

20. Der-Kleine

It wuld be something veeery spechial if they do update ;).