Universal Beyond Gravity - (By Qwiboo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by redribbon, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Lunartic

Lunartic Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Japan
    Yeah it was a decent effort, although I died really cheaply after starting to wonder what would happen if I went over 99,999 pickups and dropping my 'technique' for a second. The game is very easy really once you work out a rhythm and stick to it and then it's just a matter of putting the time in. Guess I'll keep playing and try to find out if the game bugs out at 100k. :)

2. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Fun game. I would love to see more added to this cool arcade jumper. New planets, more outfits etc. this one is easily worth the 99 penny entry fee.

3. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Like the others have said it's a fun game with a lovely art style and accurate controls, I skipped the intro (I do this on almost every game lol) and just dive straight in and I instinctively knew how to play, some variation would be nice, like more baddies etc, I think the shop prices are just right in my opinion, I've been playing about three hours and am over half way through the achievements and I am noticing my coin haul increasing with each run more and more, so while the prices seem high I think reducing them would make everything too easily obtainable and make the game too easy and be over quickly. The reward for completing achievements are generous too.

It's a great little time waster that I've already gifted to my three nephews and my brother.

4. Spartan Blood

Spartan Blood Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2014
    Good game, it's looks so fun , and I like the art style , I'll play it if I have time.

5. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot for all the feedback, some amazing scores as well!

I'm adding more goals into the game right now and was wondering if you have some ideas for goals as well. Feel free to share your ideas, if I like them I'll drop them in the game!

6. Spartan Blood

Spartan Blood Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2014
    How many levels in the release now ? It's huge that a 2d game with 60 M size , I think .

7. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

The game does not have levels, it's infinite "runner". It has loads of hand painted hi-res graphics + quite a lot of sounds, so that's why it's 60MB.

8. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I'm for another mode or two. You could call them new galaxies or something. I like the idea of random hidden wormholes (either a little off screen that you would need to double or triple jump to land in, or completely invisible that are sometimes on the screen that you unexpectedly get sucked into) that transport you far away, more meters. You could also add them into missions, land in 3 wormholes. I love the orbiting moon\moons idea for another hazard. A brutal mode would also be fun where it's really challenging to land on the next planet. And the something's chasing you mode similar to time surfer. I'm always for any picked up power ups.

9. Lunartic

Jan 10, 2013
    Japan
    Can you confirm if the game bugs out if you go past 99,999 pickups please?
    Might be a good idea to add in an extra 0 for both the "m" and "pickups". ;)

10. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

I'm gonna look into it and let you know asap :) Honestly don't really know myself without checking the code as I never thought anyone will get so many! :eek:

11. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

The game won't bug out, just checked it. It just won't display the first digit of your score as you play, but will count it correctly on the game over screen. I will consider adding extra digits :)

12. Lunartic

Jan 10, 2013
    Japan
    Awesome thanks!
    New goal ahoy.

13. truechicken

truechicken Active Member

Mar 20, 2014
    wow really nice game!

but it becames real slow after 2500m on my iphone 4.

i think the planets and screws are not being deallocated

could you please fix this? thanks :D

14. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

I'll be doing performance improvements in the future updates so hopefully it will improve. The planets and screws are dynamically generated and deallocated, but garbage collector is probably kicking in.

15. truechicken

truechicken Active Member

Mar 20, 2014
    thanks

although the game seems really simple, i dont think the problem is with the collector. i would double check if all lists are no longer holding the pointers

16. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    New update adds 9 new challenges. Sweet!

17. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Thanks for posting, I deleted as I lost interest after completing but look forward to starting again.

18. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Same, but never deleted. Thanks jcho and cloudpuff! :D

19. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

New update is OUT! :)

This update brings you 9 new goals bringing the total up to 40 goals!

Best chain leaderboards were added as well!
    Purchased upgrades can now be un-equipped.
    Total play time now shown in settings menu.
    Fixed triple jump camera not following player.
    Fixed player getting stuck on planet in rare cases.
    Fixed chain length calculation.
    Performance improvements.

20. redranch91

redranch91 Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2014
    I did this too like back in October and then recently I redownloaded it and was instantly hooked on it again. This game is great but I don't think much effort is placed on keeping the players playing for a very long time. I have whizzed past most of the missions and upgraded most of the items in the spaceship. I wonder if this is one of the games that the devs put it out there,release one or two updates and then forget it for good.