iPad Bethesda's next game is for the iPhone!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by The Game Reaper, Feb 7, 2009.

1. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    #1 The Game Reaper, Feb 7, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
    OMG

On twitter: "Biggest news from Comic-Con panel: Todd Howard and Bethesda working on an iPhone game."

2. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Saw that this morning when they posted it on Twitter.

Wonder what they're going to bring over or perhaps even create from scratch. :D

3. The Game Reaper

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    More proof that there's going to be a premium section. GTA, Bioshock and now this.
    Maybe it'll be Fallout Touch!

4. aprodigalson

aprodigalson Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    I'd love to see a (patched) Daggerfall on the Touch.

Realistically with all the text and menus those old games have, I'd imagine it'd have to be something programmed from the ground up. Maybe they're going to look into that dropped PSP title, possibly even retool it for the Fallout universe. If memory serves, it was just going to be dungeons anyway.

5. Maeks

Maeks Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    I've been playing Morrowind recently,wondering what would Bethesda offer up on the iPhone. While it would be impossible to play that game, I wold very much like to see what Bethesda can offer up, especially if its an RPG.

And I don't think I have to worry about my Touch not being able to run a Bethesda game! Yay!

6. VWXYZ

VWXYZ Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Oh yes! The Premium part!

At 20 bucks this could actually be taken serious by Bethasta.

If its a serious iPod/iPhone Fallout like game I know at least one person whos gonna buy an iPod just for this and Metal Gear (his two favourite games)

The iPhone really needs a Fallout quality RPG!

7. butters

butters Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Oh YES! I would love to see another Fallout Sequel. Fallout 1 and 2 were some of my Faves at that time and what Bethesda did with Fallout 3 was just amazing. :)

Please let it be Fallout, nobody needs another Oblivion. (Ok, that would be fine with me too, but Fallout would be sooooo much better.)

8. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    This is awesome. Bethesda Softworks are my favorite developers since Morrowind. I've played every game since and loved them all, so I'm eagerly awating more news regarding this!

9. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    I been playing Fallout 3 solid, anything from them will be good.

10. Sierra275

Sierra275 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    nil
    Singapore
    My greatest wish is to have a persistent open world game on the iTouch. Like Deep or Galaxy on Fire, both by Fishlabs. I played those games for hours. Days in total. On a mobile. I mean like, how well would those games work on an iDevice? They should port their unfinished Galaxy on Fire 2 to the iPhone. That would be the best i-Touch-game-related-day of my life.

11. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Best game ever...
    I am stoked to see what they have in store...

12. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    lol hopefully it's a real ending for Fallout 3.

13. The Game Reaper

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Main page of TA has the story.

14. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Couldn't this just be further confirmation of BioShock Mobile coming over from BREW mobile platforms to this platform?

I mean...hate to throw cold water on everyone's excitement, but, y'know...it could just be BioShock Mobile, which we all knew was coming to iTouch/Phone anyway.

Also...forget the $19.99 premium price section. Devs could've always priced their games at that price, but they chose not to do so. Why? Because $19.99 doesn't make sense for iTouch/Phone games as these games do not have the same associated costs that are existent on DS and PSP. Devs don't have to order manufacturing of discs or cards from the manufacturer, they don't have to pay high dev kit fees, or higher royalties, etc. Low dev kit fee, and Apple takes 30% off the top. That's why the games max out at $9.99 currently.

Not saying that there won't be $19.99 games (there is at least one $12.99 game I know of), but that such a price point may NEVER happen for devs like EA, Sega, Bethesda, etc. $9.99 seems to be the introductory sweet spot. The market has been set. Devs could set price at any level they wish even now. They ain't pricing at $19.99 for a reason. This rumored premium section is just that: rumored. And if it does come to fruition, it most likely won't be mitigated on price, but who the developer/publisher is (so it'll be a "premium game" section, not a "premium price" section).

15. The Game Reaper

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Bethesda didn't develop bioshock!

16. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

Unless you happen to have the PC version of Fallout 3, which for most people is unplayable due to numerous crashes that have yet to be patched. The proof of this is on their own forums. After months they are still "working on" the patch.

They had similar problems with this same game engine on a previous title (the title of which escapes me). I am very hesitant to give them my money.

On another note, every time a company announces they will be building for the iTouches, people say "More proof of the Premium App area of the store". This doesn't prove Jack Squat! These companies can charge $20 any time they please. Aaahh nevermind ;)

F* Bethesda!

17. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Agh!

You're right!

I keep confusing Fallout 3 with BioShock for some reason.

Probably because they are, IMHO, the two top games on the 360.

Oops.

18. smokin okin

smokin okin Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    You ares so completely wrong on so many different levels, first of all 2k made oblivion, and bethesda made oblivion, and 2k made bioshock, and bethesda made fallout 3, bioshock and fallout 3 are not associate with eachother, and everything else you sad, if apple gives any big company the slightest chance to price their games at a high price, they will jump at that oppertunity, you were wrong about car jack streets 3d world view and you are wrong about this

19. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    lol wat?

20. No Hero

No Hero Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    I dunno, but I feel the premium section will have some sort of "air" to it to make the people want to pay 19.99 and devs want to make good games at 19.99

anyways, love the news