Universal [Beta Testing] Spirit Roots - Unique Looking Platformer

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by FredBear Games, Aug 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FredBear Games

FredBear Games Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Dec 1, 2014
    Publisher
    UK
    [​IMG]

Spirit Roots is an upcoming platformer game with a unique stitch-up visuals. Inspired by the venerable Rayman, Spirit Roots stay true with the original 2D platformer where players run, jump, fight, evade traps, collect coins, and beat bosses.

Please sign up here to join our iOS TestFlight. It will start sometime in September 2018. Please follow our Facebook page for more information regarding the TestFlight release date.

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/spiritrootsgame/
    Official Page: http://playplayfun.com/spirit-roots-game-official-page/

Price: TBC (Will be a paid/premium game)
    Release Date: Est October 2018
    Platforms: Initially iOS first then Android, Steam and other platforms TBC

Story:
    Long ago, on the outskirts of a small, but undoubtedly very warlike star system, armed conflict raged for a hundred years among the system’s inhabitants. The fighting was so fierce that in the end only one small piece remained of each of the planets. At that point the inhabitants of all of the planets decided that they would have to stop fighting in order to survive. And so they stitched together the remaining pieces of their worlds into one large planet with a single, absolute condition: no one could violate anyone else's borders. But what happens when someone breaks this rule? Let's find out!

Immerse yourself in a world populated by the many species of merciless flora and fauna found on the Stitched-Together Planet on the outskirts of the star system.

Cinematic Trailer:

Gameplay Trailer 2:

Key Features:
      • Five worlds with completely different atmospheres, gameplay mechanics, and enemies
      • 50 levels
      • Epic boss battles. Corn cannons wielded by farmer robots? Huge spiders? Flying skulls? Mud monsters? We've packed it all into our game!
      • Ten kinds of enemies and dozens of gameplay mechanics
      • Full gamepad support
      • Spellbinding artwork with picturesque parallax backgrounds and mystical silhouettes
    Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. FredBear Games

Patreon Gold

Dec 1, 2014
    Publisher
    UK
    Wow that was quick! We have filled up more spaces on our iOS beta than we initially looking for and in double quick time! So a massive THANKS to all who signed up. :) :)

So the Beta sign up is now CLOSED.

The invites will hopefully be sent sometime next week and we would love to hear your feedback after getting a play of Spirit Roots.

3. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    So does collecting coins mean there’s actually something to buy in this game? Or are the Coins just there for collecting and the occasional “extra life” Mario style?

4. FredBear Games

Patreon Gold

Dec 1, 2014
    Publisher
    UK
    Hi, the collectible yellow smiley things are spirits. It is not a currency, rather, it is an indicator of how complete you are in exploring the levels.

5. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Ah. Missed the beta sign-up over the weekend. Would have loved to test this one out. (Especially after playing and finishing Oddmar)

Oh well, please let us know if any spots open up. (You know, some people who get access might get too busy to test it out - hopefully :p)

6. FredBear Games

Patreon Gold

Dec 1, 2014
    Publisher
    UK
    We are just waiting on Apple approval and Testflights will then be sent out so either later today or tomorrow. :)

There were a couple of invalid email addresses during sign up so there is a space or two to add a few more so feel free to send me your email and i'll have you added. :)

7. Rocksaint

Nov 29, 2013
    Awesome. Email sent. Fingers crossed. :)

8. FredBear Games

Patreon Gold

Dec 1, 2014
    Publisher
    UK
    Testflights have now been sent out. :cool:

9. Rocksaint

Nov 29, 2013
    Thanks. Got it. :)

10. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Looks pretty dope. That TestFlight filled up quick. Must be doing something right!

11. MegaDominican

MegaDominican New Member

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Game looks good. Hope to get an invite so I can make a youtube video for it :)

12. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Hm I’m surprised I didn’t get an invite. I mean it’s all good I hope it’s turning out well the game looks promising.