Beta Testing installing beta file won't work.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by yourofl10, Jul 8, 2009.

1. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I'm beta testing a app for a developer and I have tried to install it 3 times or more but each time I get this error: "This Application "(insert name here)" could not be installed on this device. Error -45."
    Any help please? Could it be that it's not functional with my device cause it might be for the iPhone 3GS? Or my UDID is not in the provision file? Or what? I'm need to be beta testing this app before the dev gets mad.

2. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    You can open the provisioning file with Notepad/Any text editor.

Scroll down to the provisioned something tags...

anyway, forgot what it's exactly called but find the list that looks like UDID's.. I'm sure you know what they look like. When you find it, search for yours.

3. yourofl10

Dec 11, 2008

I'm sure it is in there, I think if it's not I think you get a different error like "This device is not registered with this app" I think. I'll try though. Thanks.

4. yourofl10

Dec 11, 2008
    Also, I have beta tested many apps. But this one I noticed it was different because it wasnt in a .zip format when I got it. It was decompressed and I the folder that contains all the code and sounds etxc... was different in the sense it was (app name here).app so I think it's something wrong the distrubtors part.

5. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    Decompressed or not, Rar or Zip doesn't matter...

They're all appname.app