Universal [Pre-Order] Grimvalor (by Direlight) - a new action platformer from the makers of Swordigo

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by DirelightVille, Jul 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DirelightTuomas

Jul 3, 2018
    In metroidvania games you have to find specific items or skills to progress past obstacles. In Grimvalor, though, your main obstacles are enemies and bosses.

2. DirelightVille

Patreon Indie

Jul 9, 2018
    Game Developer
    Finland
    Looking for beta testers! We are nearing Grimvalor iOS launch date (which we will announce soon) and are looking for a few dedicated testers to iron out any kinks.

If you think you could help us out, please send us an email at [email protected]

Please let us know which iPhone/iPad models you could test the game on and how much time you would be prepared to spend testing the game. We are looking for a small group of testers at this phase, so please include a short explanation for why you would be a good choice.

We will be adding more testers over the next few weeks, so even if you don't receive an invite right away, it doesn't necessarily mean you haven't been selected. :)

You can also follow us on Twitter @DirelightGames to stay up to date on any news or join the mailing list on our website.

[​IMG]

3. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA

4. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Email request sent!

5. josumart

josumart Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Hi! Beta request send. Are you planning to add MFI support?
    Looks great!

6. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Woah...this looks fantastic.

Looks like it has some influence from Dust: An Elysian Tail....which is a very good thing.

7. DirelightVille

Patreon Indie

Jul 9, 2018
    Game Developer
    Finland
    Thank you for all the great beta test applications! We have received quite a few of them already.

We will probably be sending out the first invites within a couple of days, assuming we don't find any big problems in the current version in internal testing.

More testers will be added over time so it's not too late to participate. Send us an email to [email protected] and let us know which iOS devices you could test the game on an why you would be a good tester.

Yes, the game already has full MFi controller support. :) We are quite proud of it, probably one of the best you can find on iOS. You can play the entire game without touching the screen at all and there are even separate tutorials for the gamepad.

8. J05H

J05H Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2017
    Beta request sent, thank you!

9. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Dude.. you guys this game is AMAZE-BALLZZZZZ. I’ve only played maybe an hour and a half so far but I’ve been looking and haven’t experienced any bugs/glitches at all. That’s all I’m sayin though I’ll play plenty more and send a more detailed message about my thoughts, additions I think would make it better, etc. through a more private email, but I’ll just say rn I’m having a hard time coming up with anything because it’s been pretty effing perfect. I also need to try my nimbus as well to make sure that all works well ;)

10. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
  11. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Oh. So you got into the beta? Awesome! I guess it's lottery based then. Lucky you. :)

12. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    He’s not the only one — and he’s not supposed to talk about it.

All I will say is: he ain’t wrong.

13. Rocksaint

Nov 29, 2013
    Well, the least the devs can do is inform that the beta has started and all slots have been filled. Instead of people wondering whether it even started or not.

Anyway, I'm glad you guys are liking it. Maybe another one to look forward to.

14. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    There will be multiple waves.

Rocksaint likes this.
  15. Rocksaint

Nov 29, 2013
    Awesome. Hope I get in. Or else at least people who get in are allowed to give some impressions later on. That way we can get more insight about the game.

16. DirelightVille

Patreon Indie

Jul 9, 2018
    Game Developer
    Finland
    A handful of testers did receive the beta yesterday, but we will be sending more probably already this week. If you sent an application but didn't receive an invite yet, you are still on the list. We wanted to start small to catch the most obvious issues first before we send it to more people.

Thank you for all the great comments. :)

Rocksaint likes this.
  17. Rocksaint

Nov 29, 2013
    That's great news. Yeah, makes a lot of sense not to roll out to a lot of people initially. Fingers crossed. :p

18. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Actually I haven’t said anything that I can’t say. It even said I can tell people I’m beta testing it but I can’t give specifics ;)

19. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    And I dunno if it’s lottery based but it shouldn’t be surprising that I got in, Ive beta tested sooooo many mobile games over the years including jydge, bardbearian, ark, aftershock 2, oraia rift, squareface, jackquest (which hasn’t been released yet either but when it does it will be amazing) heroes of elements, slaughter 2, and more. There’s nothing cooler then helping developers make their games better before release ;)

20. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Btw is there an android version gonna be released too or iOS exclusive? And if so will you be doing a beta for Android as well?