Universal [Pre-Order] Sheeping Around: Strategy Card Game (Jan 17, 20% discount)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Himanshu Kapoor, Sep 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Himanshu Kapoor

Jun 26, 2018
    Male
    #1 Himanshu Kapoor, Sep 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    [​IMG]

Sheeping Around is a multiplayer (1v1) card dueling game about grazing and stealing sheep. The objective is simple: you gotta graze the sheep and call them home as a shepherd, or lure and steal them as a thief.

There's three sheep on the board, and one of the players is the Shepherd and the other is a Thief. As a shepherd attach graze cards to sheep to graze, and when you're done, use "Whistle" to take them home. As a thief, attach lure cards to sheep to lure them and when they're lured, steal them away. The first person to get two sheep wins. But the trick part is all the other cards that make your opponents' lives harder. You can lay traps, guard sheep, reduce graze / lure values and use special bonus cards to your advantage.

Every game you win gives you experience and coins, which count towards your level and allow you to purchase better cards. But as you level up, the opponents get stronger too. (The game automatically matches you with another player with similar experience.)

Add deck-building and card collection, and you get the basic elements of a CCG. All in all, an exciting game that will make you ask your friends, “Will you sheep with me?"

---

Pre-order (App Store):
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sheeping-around/id1369538992

Official Trailer:

Gameplay videos:

Tutorial Gameplay

Quick Gameplay

---

iOS users can directly download here: https://testflight.apple.com/join/a4CATJ0K
    Android users can download from Play Store (unreleased):
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fleonlabs.sheepingaround

Available on iOS (all devices supported by iOS 11) and Android.
    Optimized for iPhone X (and XS/XS+/XR), iPad, iPad Pro.

---

https://sheepingaround.com
    https://www.facebook.com/SheepingAround/
    https://twitter.com/fleonus

2. Himanshu Kapoor

Jun 26, 2018
    Male
    Screenshots (click to enlarge):

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Himanshu Kapoor

Jun 26, 2018
    Male
    #3 Himanshu Kapoor, Sep 28, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    J05H likes this.
  4. Tyler A Baraby

Tyler A Baraby New Member

Oct 2, 2018
    Male
    Looks interesting, I'll definitely be following the development on this one. I especially love the art style; very professional and clean.

5. Himanshu Kapoor

Jun 26, 2018
    Male
    Thanks, I'm glad you like it. We're working hard to make the progression a lot better.

We've heard that the gameplay using the base deck gets stagnant after a while, so we're working on making that better and lots of other changes as well.

6. Himanshu Kapoor

Jun 26, 2018
    Male
    Thanks everyone who downloaded the game and helped us test it and make it bug free. We have about 300+ beta testers now and will be closing our beta soon.

If anyone has some feedback on the game in general, they can comment on this forum or email me at info(at)fleon(dot)org.

We are preparing the game to be release ready so keep your eyes out in this thread for more information.

7. Himanshu Kapoor

Jun 26, 2018
    Male
  8. Himanshu Kapoor

Jun 26, 2018
    Male
    #8 Himanshu Kapoor, Jan 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    Hey folks. Thanks to everyone who helped us make the game free of bugs during the beta period.

The game is now available for pre-order: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sheeping-around/id1369538992
    If you liked the game during the beta period, please show your support by pre-ordering the game and/or spreading the word about it!

Thanks again!

9. nickhoola

nickhoola Member

May 10, 2012
    Hi !

I just discovered this thread and I can say I am looking forward to downloading this game !

Looks so cool

10. Himanshu Kapoor

Jun 26, 2018
    Male
    Thanks. I hope you like it. Just 10 more days to go. :)

nickhoola likes this.
  11. nickhoola

nickhoola Member

May 10, 2012
    Ten LONG days :D

One question : is there some kind of AI to play offline ?

Thanks

12. Himanshu Kapoor

Jun 26, 2018
    Male
    There is AI, but it is online only at the moment. In the future updates I have plans to release local multiplayer and offline versus AI; it depends on what majority of the players want.

nickhoola likes this.
  13. nickhoola

nickhoola Member

May 10, 2012
    Hmmm... I hope I won’t be the only one to ask for offline AI (I spend a lot of time in the subway and I can’t always rely on the network to play)

By the way, thank you for your answers ! It’s great to have news directly from the dev

14. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    I am definitely buying this when it is release. Would like to vote for offline AI as well.
    Better than waiting for a person to take their turn or look for a good connection.

nickhoola likes this.
  15. Himanshu Kapoor

Jun 26, 2018
    Male
    #15 Himanshu Kapoor, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    I play games myself in the train while commuting to work and I hate it when the game disconnects you for a moment of lost signal. For this reason, Sheeping Around is optimized for low network and high latency situations, and keeps on trying to reconnect you back to the game if you lose connectivity.

Offline, unranked matches will come a few months after release in the major content update, along with about 6 new characters and 20-30 new unique cards.

16. nickhoola

nickhoola Member

May 10, 2012
    Sounds good !!!

I’ll preorder when I’ll be at home tonight :)

17. Himanshu Kapoor

Jun 26, 2018
    Male
    The game is now featured worldwide (in 92 countries) on the App Store in the Coming Soon section on the Games page.
    Only 7 days remain until the official launch (also the duration while the 20% discount will remain valid)!

[​IMG]

It's kinda funny though how the Alien and the Fox are looking at each other. :p

APPSER and nickhoola like this.
  18. APPSER

APPSER Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Male
    Best game

19. Himanshu Kapoor

Jun 26, 2018
    Male
    Thanks for the encouraging words guys. Just 3 days remain until the release!

20. Himanshu Kapoor

Jun 26, 2018
    Male
    Somewhat late (but right in time before the release), but Sheeping Around now has an official trailer!

APPSER and nickhoola like this.