[Beta testers wanted] Furdemption

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RareSloth, Feb 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Monthly video update? I'd definitely be interested

2. Spock4Pres

Spock4Pres Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Yeah, I think that would work great. I'm still working on the hardest levels, so I've still got work to do.

3. RareSloth

RareSloth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Yeah some of those levels are ridiculously hard! They are definitely expert levels. Thanks for playing :)

4. weretiger

weretiger Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Very much enjoying the game so far. Here's a couple first reactions.

1. I'd keep this game on my phone! It's that good :)

2. I'm really impressed by how fast it moves but how tight the controls are. I find myself doing things that look really hard but are actually easy to do. Incredibly satisfying!

3. It wasn't immediately apparent to me that skull box was locked, and that the skeleton key related to it. Sure it only took me ten seconds to figure it out, but it stuck in my mind.

4. Animation on the reaper character could be smoother. A little jerky at times or something. His walking looks awkward.

5. It's cool that there are different skins for main character, but it would be nice if I had a reason to be happy to unlock them. Right now, having them all unlocked upfront seems a bit anticlimactic. Perhaps fhey can be rewards or something.

I'll give more feedback as I play more. In the meantime feel free to direct message me if you want any more detailed feedback.

5. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Hey weretiger!

Thanks for the feedback, you made great points. We're thrilled you would keep this on your iphone :)

I'll send you a message soon.

Side note: Anyone have a good sound designer recommendation? We'd really love to beef up the experience with some quality sound. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Brian

6. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

There are less than 6 days left of beta testing for Furdemption! Thank you so much to our beta testers, we'll send out a more detailed update to your inbox soon.

Our release is set for end of June. Can't wait to share it with you all.

Cheers,
    Brian

7. Spock4Pres

Nov 21, 2014
    Yes!

8. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

5 days of free beta testing left!

Furdemption Release date: End of June, 2015

We're getting everything ready for the big release. Furdemption will be a premium app with no in app purchases. We believe this model is the best fit for Furdemption and the most respectful to our players.

Our current focus is polishing all of the rough edges, tuning levels, and refining the experience.

Thank you for being a part of this beta test! We will let you know when Furdemption is available in the store.

Sincerely,

Austin & Brian from RareSloth

How will the release be different?

† Refined storyline
    † New title screen
    † Hugely improved UI
    † Reward screen
    † Added gold to collect
    † Challenge levels
    † New transitions
    † Polish everywhere
    † Improved level select
    † Added creepy crawlies
    † Added gold skull crate
    † More levels - 100 total
    † Updated end-goal
    † Better way to provide feedback
    † We removed some things

9. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    #69 Lavender, May 5, 2015
    Last edited: May 5, 2015
    As a beta tester, I can genuinely say that this is one of my favorite puzzler/Platformer games out there. Creative and cute graphics. Well thought out or designed levels.
    Definitely one to get.

In the beginning of testing I found things worth discussing with the dev, and the dev always responded immediately and appropriately.
    But now, no glitches, or issues. Runs smooth.

10. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

#70 RareSloth, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
    Thanks Lavender! Great to have a recommendation from a senior member of Touch Arcade :)

I believe you were the one that messaged me about the end-goal? We've fixed that!

Cheers,
    Brian

11. Spock4Pres

Nov 21, 2014
    I really wasn't expecting a story since I always considered this more of a puzzle game, but hey, that makes it even better. Also, I'm looking forward to the refined level editor, but I do agree that both it and the character selection will probably take away from the feel of the game, at least currently. Any details about the story you can give us, like which rabbit made the cut?

12. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Hi Spock!

Glad you agree about the characters.

There won't be story in the traditional sense of having a lot of dialogue. A big reason for us iterating on the story was so we had a clear vision and understanding for the characters and their motivations. The actual game will be very light on story.

The rabbit you play will be a "king". That's all I will say for right now! :)

Cheers,
    Brian

P.S. Gamezebo wrote about Furdemption! http://www.gamezebo.com/2015/05/04/satan-wants-rabbit-stew-furdemption

13. Pedroapan

Pedroapan Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    I just got in the beta and played the first chapter, and I have to say, this one is really great! Sadly I just discovered it today, but I sure will try to play as much as i can before the beta expires. Will post more impresseions later, thanks for letting me in!

Pedroapan

14. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Hey Predoapan, thanks for playing. We're happy you were able to get in just in time! :)

15. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

We're completely redoing the level select screen. Here's what we have so far. Hope you like it :)

[​IMG]

16. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Lots of visual polish going in right now.

- Larvae that you can squish but don't do anything else
    - Better effects
    - Shaders
    - Better sound
    - Hugely improved UI
    - Transition screens and title screens
    - Rescue missions separate from feather missions

Up next:

- Permanence (pieces of bodies and crates?)
    - More particle effects
    - More sounds
    - Level design polish
    - More bugs?

17. Spock4Pres

Nov 21, 2014
    Wow, this game has definitely come a long way from the first beta. I can't wait until release.

18. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    The quality of this game looks superb

19. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Thank you! Our little two-person team is trying our hardest to make it the best it can be... Lots of little polish details. Less than a month to release! :)

Cheers,
    Brian

20. Spock4Pres

Nov 21, 2014
    I keep forgetting to try out your other game. I also keep forgetting that you are a two man studio. I await the release!