[Beta testers wanted] Furdemption

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RareSloth, Feb 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    #21 slewis7, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
    What a cool game! I am really enjoying this. Thanks for letting me try it!

Edit: Finished the beta! The level design is fantastic!

2. RareSloth

RareSloth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Hey thank you for playing! Glad you liked it. I wish we could release more, faster... But alas we are just two sloths in the middle of winter.

Cheers,
    Brian

3. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

#23 RareSloth, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Spock4Pres

Spock4Pres Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Just finished the new update and I am blown away. To see it go from just the basic concept to here is awesome, and I can tell from the features in your first post that you aren't done yet. The power ups feel natural, and I like that there was no tutorial. You just see them and the level and figure it out from there. The level packs idea works well too. Does that mean that when the game comes out we will get more levels as updates every so often? Or will they be IAPs?

Altogether, it's coming along great. Keep up the good work!

5. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Nice update with some improvements! I enjoyed working through the levels.

6. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Glad you're enjoying it :). We're not even close to being finished... We love this game too much. Each item or power-up adds new possibilities.

I think because of the way the market is currently, we're going to have to go the iAPP route.

Levels. We have a level editor that we're working on that allows anyone to build their own levels and share them. Its going to take some time but I imagine there will not be a shortage of levels. AND, we'll have challenge levels. This is like a daily challenge where you get to try to beat a really hard level for a gold prize.

7. Spock4Pres

Nov 21, 2014
    #27 Spock4Pres, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
    I think the IAP route will work fine. The daily puzzle is a good idea, and I think that, while the level editor may take some time to actually get off the ground, it will be great in no time.

Also, is anyone else having problems with Testflight? I couldn't connect after yesterday's fiasco, but today it still says "Cannot connect. Try again." Is that just me?

Edit: it's fixed.

8. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Yeah testflight is... finicky.

We spent a lot of time designing the level editor, and tested it on a few people. A few of them said it was more fun than the actual game. Not everyone is going to want to build levels but that's ok.

9. ghosty222

ghosty222 Active Member

Jan 3, 2015
    I am hahaha i known im going to be making crazy maps or is their a limit on how big or little the map has to be? Anyways im getting ahead of myself on the level editor... Have you guys considered ur hero saving another bunny and he follows behind ur hero and you must extract him out to safety? Another idea for you guys

10. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Thanks! Keep em' coming :)

There needs be some limitation on how big the levels are, but there should be plenty of room to stretch your creativity! I'm really excited to see what you come up with... Can't wait.

Our next update is going to include some other rabbits that you can "save" by releasing them from hard to reach areas. This adds lots of extra challenge for the expert players out there. :)

We had thought about that same idea with the following aspect but I this next update will be a good first step.

Cheers,
    Brian

11. ghosty222

ghosty222 Active Member

Jan 3, 2015
    You guys are too real everything i want you have and when i ask for future stuff turns out the team has been working on it hahaha lets see if u can read my mind ahead of my next idea :p

For me its an insta-buy, have you decided on final sale price?

12. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Thanks for the compliments :)

Monetization is a really good question... And a very hard decision for us. We think the market is too difficult right now (for this game) to be able to charge a premium price up-front. We think we'll probably give the game for free with inapp purchases to unlock content.

Our inner gamer yearns for the old days where you just pay a price up front but the reality of the market suggests otherwise. The market is far too saturated to be able to charge upfront and make enough sales (with a few exceptions). We want to be fair but we also need to stay in business.

Cheers,
    Brian

13. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Furdemption update

New Feature! Select from four different characters to play with.
    New Item! Apply pressure to pressure plates and crazy stuff happens.
    New Item! Don't poke your eye out on the spikes.
    New Item! Demon crates are hard to find, discover what they contain.
    New Levels! 15 regular difficulty, 15 expert difficulty.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Spock4Pres

Nov 21, 2014
    Character choosing works great. I'm sure these will be unlocka lee and not available at the beginning in the actual game.

I haven't gotten to the newest levels yet, but I'll update you when I do.

Also, my favorite character is Snobert Pickernose. I love the character bios.

15. Spock4Pres

Nov 21, 2014
    Also, one thing that might be handy is indicating if a demon box has been opened in a level yet. Like, maybe some wings above the level number or something, just to let you know you've already gotten it.

16. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

We added a little dotted outline of a demon head to show where the demon crate used to be, great suggestion thanks! We're going to completely revamp the level select system... Right now its basically just placeholder images.

17. Spock4Pres

Nov 21, 2014
    Update: Still haven't finished the new levels yet, but the spikes and the pressure plate work great and fit in with the "learning without a tutorial" aspect. I will hopefully be finished soon and repost a review.

Also, I was playing Super Scribblenauts the other day, and I found something you might could use. In each level the star changes to let you know you did it, but on levels with multiple solutions, a silver crown appears, which turns gold once you fully complete the level. Maybe something like this would work to be able to let people know if they haven't freed the bunny in a level? Just a thought.

18. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Hey Spock that's a great idea... Thanks!

We were thinking about the 3 star system but we don't really like the idea of points. I think that solution is definitely better. We might actually layer in another goal - collecting coins. In any given level there can be some hidden gold that you can explore and find. Maybe its in a hard to reach place, maybe under a rock that you have to blow up.

So you'll have 3 goals on every level: Completion, collecting all the gold, setting the rabbit free.

Cheers,
    Brian

19. Spock4Pres

Nov 21, 2014
    And you use that gold to unlock new levels? And the gold can also be bought as premium currency? Is that where the F2P aspect would come in? Because that would work great, allowing to make money off of lazy gamers (who are the majority) without penalizing those who aren't into IAPs.

20. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

We probably won't charge for levels. I just played a game last night that did that and it just doesn't feel right to charge for progression.

As you can see the levels are getting quite difficult... Requiring a lot of thought or skill in timing. There will be items that you can buy with in-game gold to help you get past these difficult levels.