[Beta Testers Wanted] Cube Koala by Happymagenta - hectic puzzle inside a tesseract

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by YuliYuli, Feb 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. talwar

talwar Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2015
    Sorry for the delay in my posts:):)
    Good News Dev: Me and my friends had a snow day off yesterday so there was no college, instead we just had tournaments of ur game and seeing who could make it the farthest in a certain amount of lives.
    So far I have unlocked all worlds and am on the 45 level (space). I AM ABSOLUTELY LOVING THIS GAME. It keeps me engaged for hours on end and I absolutely have no words to describe.
    For some suggestions and comments:
    1. I have found no glitches or bugs, although for some reason I can not watch any videos to skip a level. (Kind of makes it better:):))
    2. I think that the Dark Worlds are kind of too hard for me, but again I have slow reflexes.
    3. I like that the game is going to be free but with IAP, as u would be able to reach a larger audience.
    4. I absolutely love the satisfaction when I beat a hard level.
    5. I will buy all the IAP even if there is no need to :):cool::cool:
    6. Me and my friends discussed about the number of stars for the 1st level and came to the mutual decision that 70 is alright and there is no need to change it.
    P.S
    My friends have told to help me post their impressions and ideas too (To help the Dev) so I will be updating with new impressions of both me and my friends more regularly.
    REALLY GOOD JOB DEV

2. YuliYuli

YuliYuli Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2015
    Wow, good job - level 45 is great! :)

We've already been told about that video issue - fixing this now. Luckily it doesn't make you upset and wanna stop playing.
    Concerning the number of stars - we still can't decide on how many stars would be okay for players. Maybe we'll lower the amount a little :)

Keep us updated about your and your friends' progress! We are very excited to know that you have fun playing the game!

3. talwar

talwar Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2015
    SORRY FOR THE DELAY IN MY POSTS.... TIME REALLY FLIES.
    Although I BEAT THE GAME. I have finished all the levels but still need to go back and 3 star some levels.
    I honestly love the game and have recommended it to a lot of my friends. I am REALLY REALLY HOPING THAT THIS GAME IS A SUCCESS AS I WOULD LIKE TO PLAY MORE GAMES BY THE DEV. I love the game, and for my project in Video Game design I chose ur game to highlight and showcase the amount of work and effort that went into this game.
    I although have a couple of suggestions and these were some of the most popular ones suggested by my friends and eve MY CLASS TEACHER!
    1. Maybe u guys can add different characters? I am not sure about this but if u could pull it off it would be AWESOME.
    2. The characters could have power-ups.
    3. U might want to add like a hints button or something to help the players that are stuck in the hard levels, BUT AT A PRICE.(Like they lose a star 4 every hint that they use) THIS WAS ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR IDEAS I GOT AND WAS SUGGESTED BY MY TEACHER AS HE SAID THAT IT WOULD HELP THE PLAYERS CONTINUE ON AND NOT JUST RAGE QUIT.
    I once again apologize for my delay and will get by possibly over like the next couple of days to add more comments.
    LOVE UR GAME DEV

4. Happybyte

Happybyte Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    Ha-ha :) There an amount of work is indeed. Seen the updated game in the dev office today - so there will be some more nice little and not so little things.

5. talwar

talwar Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2015
    See this is what I am talking about. The dev for this game wants to make it even better than before, I love the passion. It helps both the dev and the people playing it.
    As for the new update...CHALLENGE ACCEPTED :):):):cool::cool::cool:

AMAZING GAME

6. Happybyte

Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    #46 Happybyte, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    So, guys, just to let you know:

Cube Koala is just approved - release date is on 03/31, next Tuesday.
    Early bird final release iTunes promo codes are available.
    PM YuliYuli if you would love one.

Keeping in mind that some people and media (like The Verge and TIME) named our latest game Snow Roll maddening and making them feel hate I just want to say something smart like:

You know nothing John Snow about the hate until you played Cube Koala, even if you played Snow Roll ;)

Got a friend here that wasn't inspired much by Snow Roll, but with Cube Koala he emptied all the battery of his device by playing like 5 hours in a row try to pass each level so many times crying "wtf? you can win this game" - so it was cool to see his self-rewarding reaction when he almost accidentally passed the level :)

7. rapshin

rapshin Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Developer
    Canada
    I want test!

Can I get it?
    I sent E-mail by PM :)

8. YuliYuli

Jan 16, 2015
    Hey! :)
    Sent you a promo code via PM.

9. MagiCaleb

MagiCaleb Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Just downloaded the beta. Fun game! Haven't run into any issues. Good job!

10. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I have been beta testing this game.
    For this type of genre, I must say, Cube Koala is one of my favorites!
    I hate those spikes but love the challenges. LOL
    When turning the maze, it runs quite smoothly.
    Some of the levels are very challenging, but even those, are quite fun.
    Cube Koala, I believe, is one that I can keep coming back too, to play again and again.
    Controls are super easy. On the bottom of the screen are two buttons or arrows. A righty and a lefty....
    Tap right to tilt the course to the right, and tap the left one to go.... Up.
    KIDDING!!! LOL!
    You know it means to tilt it to the left, silly. :)
    You have to remember that the tapping is important. A single tap is a single movement. Not a continuous one. But.... Mr. Cube koala will keep sliding if the course stays titled and probably into those lovely spikes that I am sure you'll get to know real well. But don't blame them or the Koala. Go take it up with gravity! He He.
    Actually, the dev did a great job with the gravity and physics aspect of this game.
    The Koala Cube character has a little bit of a personality as well. He sometimes smiles or grits his teeth. If you are taking to long, he might start yawning. How rude!! He he
    It's obvious the dev(s) put much work into the game and to me, it's a must have,instant classic.

11. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    This game is a diabolic love letter for hardcore gamers, if we're only talking about to 3-star each level. Lovers of 100m Stunt could fall in love with this game...i did.
    (mind you, they only have the difficulty in common)

As usual from these Devs, it's nice presented and very polished. The controls work great and precise, though you have to keep the momentum in mind. It often plays a big role for manoeuvring your Koala through those narrow paths, and you'll have to do that fast pretty often. I'm surprised about myself, because i expected me getting motion-sick with this gem, but gladly i don't.

I PMd them my more or less minor issues, but since the game is ready for launch next week, i hope there could be an update to get rid of one or the other.

You could play the game for free totally, if you manage to get enough stars to unlock the next two worlds (3 worlds so far). If not, each world is unlockable for a buck, plus one for no ads. I always wait for the official release before i buy something, but i certainly will pay my dues for this great time waster. Exept one game, i own all of these Devs. They never rock my world, but they're always solid. Well done, again!

PS: since i never watch a video in a free game, i didn't realize that you can skip a level by doing so. (Holy cow, level 26, i'm looking at you..."thousend" attempts later i did it)

12. talwar

talwar Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2015
    Hi guys, I would love to get an early release promo code of u still have 1 left.
    Thanks
    Good Luck guys 4 ur upcoming release

13. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    These are my thoughts exactly. :) Great job again HappyMagenta!

14. YuliYuli

Jan 16, 2015
    Thanks a lot for your cute and favorable review! :) True, we wanted to show a bit of our hero's personality and if you look carefully you will see more of his facial expressions. And there's also a story behind all that, which unravels step by step when you go further and unlock new worlds.

15. YuliYuli

Jan 16, 2015
    I believe that there is nothing more pleasing than when you finally reach your goal :) So these thousands of attempts were probably worth it :)

16. YuliYuli

Jan 16, 2015
    Sent you a promo via PM :)

17. Happybyte

Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    Thanks, guys :)

We fixed like a lot in the final release and the release version is a bit more polished now.

So, if you have the old beta you'll see the difference. Now there are two options. To ask YuliYuli for an early release code (but in this case you won't be able to leave a review in the App Store) or to wait until the release that happens at 00:00 on Tuesday by the time of your store region.

18. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #58 Qwertz555, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
    For my preferences, there are not too many games out there deserving my thousend attempts. Yours does, with an incredible satisfying relieve.

I made a "mistake" at 128 stars. I gave level 39 another try to get 2 stars, but i made it perfect on my second go, oops. Now i unlocked the last world (130 stars) without paying the one dollar. I made it up and got rid of the ads immediately, though i usually wait to the official release. It took a very, very long time for my app store log-in to show up.

PS: Dark World level 8 is impossible for me. Since the timer auto starts right after loading, it's (so far) the only level i got motion sick. I'll never get one star as is, pity.

Edit: have you thought about implementing speed leaderboard per world (at least)? Personally, achievements usually don't make me replay a level/game.

19. YuliYuli

Jan 16, 2015
    Haha :D Well, we hope you will love the last (for today) world just as much as the previous ones, Plase keep us updated on your progress :)

We will definitely take that into account as well as your previous suggestions! Thanks for always providing us with fresh and reasonable ideas!

20. YuliYuli

Jan 16, 2015
    Hey everyone! Just want to let you know that Cube Koala is already available in New Zealand and will be available in your country as soon as it is March 31st! :) Here's also the thread for the final release version, so feel free to share your thoughts and ideas there too! :)