[Beta Testers Wanted] Cube Koala by Happymagenta - hectic puzzle inside a tesseract

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by YuliYuli, Feb 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YuliYuli

YuliYuli Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2015
    Thanks! Added you to the list :)

2. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    looks like it will be pretty intense and insane. :) pm sent!

3. melvin2898

melvin2898 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
    This game looks way too hard!

4. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    I sent a pm. This looks like it has potential to be on of the best puzzle games on the App Store. :)

5. YuliYuli

Jan 16, 2015
    It might look so but I believe that you should try it first and then make a decision :)

6. YuliYuli

Jan 16, 2015
    And thanks everyone! Replied to all your PMs. We hope that now as you agreed to take part in the project we will polish it till perfection and it will become a truly enjoyable experience for all of you :)

7. talwar

talwar Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2015
    WOW
    LOOKS LIKE A GAME RIGHT DOWN MY ALLEY.
    I am a college student currently working on video game design and loved your game. Saw that u needed BETA testers and want to sign up. Am an active member:):)
    [email protected]
    Good Luck Dev

8. YuliYuli

Jan 16, 2015
    Thanks! Added you to the list :)
    Good luck with your projects!

9. YuliYuli

Jan 16, 2015
    Hey! Just wanted to let you know that our beta is finally approved and everyone who gave us their emails should have received messages :) Facebook is turned off at the moment - so do not worry, it's not a bug :)

Hope you will like the game and we are waiting for your comments, opinions and ideas!

10. talwar

talwar Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2015
    My first impression right after the first level: WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW:):):):)
    This is one of the best games i have EVER played and i am not exaggerating when I say that this is right at the top of my list. Love the graphics and the unique gameplay and even the different level designs. Like how there are shortcuts to beat some levels, if you play them right!!! I am loving this game and showed it to my professor of video game design in my college class. He flipped out and said that he loved the graphics and most of the class we just took turns playing it. I love the game and will add new impressions soon.
    Although the only thing that could be better is the number of stars you need to get to world 2. some people might not be that good at playing the game so 70/80 stars seems kinda high. I would love if it was like 60 or something just for the 2nd world as we are getting used to the game and controls and later on you can increase the stars.
    Honestly this is just AMAZING and I think that i would pay almost anything(exaggeration, but still a lot) to support the dev to make games like these in the future.
    Good luck
    Hope this helps
    :):):):):)

11. YuliYuli

Jan 16, 2015
    Now it's our turn to say wow :)
    Thank you sooo much for your warm and inspiring feedback - this really means a lot for us!
    We will think over the amount of stars - true, that might be a little too hard for the beginners.
    And of course we look forward to seeing more of your impressions and ideas! :)

12. talwar

talwar Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2015
    No problem. am willing to help ANYTIME
    Just got 5 of my dorm mates addicted to the game:):)
    Looks like u r going to have a huge gaming market when the game comes out in my college.:)
    I just had a couple of questions.
    1. Is it just my slow reflexes or does world 2 get considerably hard?
    2. When is this game coming out?(REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO IT)
    3. What is the games price?
    Also am glad that I have not experienced any glitches or problems
    LOVE UR GAME
    Also dev, if you need any help or more inputs just PM me anytime and would be willing to help out and give me comments and suggestions.

13. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    This game is freaking awesome. I like the part where it pop anger management when I failed a stage a couple of time. nice touch there and it's kinda funny when I saw it for the first time. The game play is really addictive. And it does what it says hectic especially when you go deeper into the game. Really challenging as time goes especially if you are going after 3 stars. I remember there was other games that have done a similar thing by rotating the stage to solve puzzle to advance. Thou this game has that similar concept but overall the design is really great in this game. Nice variety of stage layout. Fast reaction and quick thinking is definitely needed here. It's an amazing game overall. :D

14. YuliYuli

Jan 16, 2015
    Thanks for sharing the game with your friends! That helps a lot! :)

1. It gets harder for sure, though we didn't plan to make it insanely hard. So if you and your friends feel that the difference between the 1st and 2nd worlds is too dramatic, we should probably consider making it a little easier. Please let us know.
    Here i should also ask you whether you mean Dark World or second location, i.e. Dungeon? Because Dark World is truly hard.

2. We plan to release it at the end of March - early April.

3. The game will be free with IAPs, though the IAPs are absolutely optional. You will be able to play and complete the game without paying a penny :)

15. YuliYuli

Jan 16, 2015
    Thanks a lot for such nice words! :) We are very happy that you enjoy playing it ! True, it's not always easy to earn those 3 stars, but when you do, you feel so proud of yourself - at least I do :D It reminds me maths lessons at school. When you had a problem to solve and there were several ways to do that. And when you found the shortest one, you felt really happy. It's a bit similar here - usually there are several ways to complete a level. And it's great when you find the easiest and most comfortable way.

16. YuliYuli

Jan 16, 2015
    One more important thing - as beta testers you don't need to earn 70 stars to unlock the following locations. As soon as you complete 20 levels in one location you can simply tap the button and they will unlock even if you don't have 70 stars :)

17. meejahor

meejahor Member

Oct 5, 2014
    News photographer
    Looks insanely hard lol but I'd be happy to test it for you. Will PM.

18. meejahor

meejahor Member

Oct 5, 2014
    News photographer
    First impressions after playing 16 levels:

You have got a BRILLIANT game here! The difficulty is set just right. The video made it look like it was going to be much too difficult. But as soon as I die I want to try again, and that's how it should be. It always feels fair. When I die I feel frustrated with myself for getting it wrong, rather than feeling the game was too hard. Again, that's exactly how it should be.

Also, in the video, the 45 degree turns looked wrong to me, and I thought it would be better if the player could smoothly rotate. But actually the 45 degree turns are a great design decision. They add to the gameplay, allowing you to take a breath for a moment and work out which way you need to quickly flip the level to fall in the right direction.

The graphics and overall presentation are lovely. It has a great cosy 8-bit atmosphere. You feel like you're playing as the cube and you're right there in the game world, rather than just moving a sprite around on a screen.

VERY good first impression. I only stopped playing because I was getting a little dizzy and wanted to take a break. I'll go back and play some more later, and try it on my iPad too. (Played it on the iPhone 6 Plus so far.)

You've got a seriously fun little game here!

19. rjm226

rjm226 Active Member

Dec 3, 2014
    Happy Magenta kills it again!

I am completely addicted to this game after the first play. The gameplay mechanic is very unique, not something I've seen in other games. There will be blood! You will die frequently. The levels are challenging and compel you to complete stage after stage. Level 14 will give you a run for your money! As with all the other Happy Magenta games I become completely immersed in the quick fast paced action. Unlike Fist of Fury where I have come to terms with the fact that my fingers just can't move quick enough to continue playing, I am eager to continue through the 75 levels of Cube Koala! I encourage everyone to check it out!

Thumbs up!

20. YuliYuli

Jan 16, 2015
    Thanks everyone for your support! Hope you will continue playing and will share more impressions with us, such as which world you like most and why :)