Beta Testers for Neon Chrome Mobile - a roguelite twin-stick

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by 10tonsLtd, Jun 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 10tonsLtd

10tonsLtd Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    #21 10tonsLtd, Aug 26, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    Currently there are two options: Auto aim and manual aim. You can change the setting with control options when you pause the game.

With autoaim you are in full control when there are no enemies. Once enemies are near the aim snaps on them.

With manual you're always in full control.

We'll look into the off-screen lock. It might let go at times, but in many cases the auto aim keeps the target even when off-screen.

There's a feedback button in main menu and you can also give feedback via Testflight but whatever works the easiest for you is fine! We'll keep an eye on this thread too.

2. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Thanks, guys! It was a bit late at night when I started playing it so I wasn't giving it my absolute utmost attention. Looking forward to really getting down and dirty with Neon Chrome, and next time I'll give feedback through the proper channels. Thanks for the opportunity, and for bringing another great indie PC game to mobile. They're really what keeps me interesting in IOS gaming.

3. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    #23 10tonsLtd, Sep 15, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
    A small progress update! We've been optmizing the gameplay and the UIs for maximum usability and fun on mobile. I think we're maybe about 80% there currently. The next task is to finalize the MFI gamepad support. So, still some polishing to do but we're making steady progress.

Here's the iPhone 6 Plus launch screen. It makes a nice wall paper :)
    [​IMG]

4. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    #24 10tonsLtd, Sep 16, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
    Wohoo, MFi gamepads work now! Here we have an older SteelSeries Stratus which probably isn't top of the line today but it gets the job done.

5. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    My TestFlight email went into my spam and I just saw it this morning.

So psyched and will give you some impressions ASAP.

6. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Sent message for beta test. Hope it isn't too late.

7. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    It is likely we'll still draw one batch of testers so there's a chance still!

8. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Finally gave this the time it deserves.

This game is fantastic. Lots of content, upgrades, and multiple characters to play with.

Two tweaks that I think would be helpful:
    1) finding that it's sometimes hard to hit what I want to hit. Have tried playing with auto aim on and off and think the aim needs to be adjusted.
    2) Along those lines, when I use the special ability, I find it hard to control the direction of where I want it to go. Specifically with the missiles I think.

Other than that, amazing twin stick shooter.

9. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    Do you have any particular thoughts about those in mind?

We'll be keeping the manual aim very basic and direct in order to serve those who want full manual. However, the auto aiming system could be developed further. We have some improvements thought out and we'll probably roll them out in the next update but we'd naturally like to hear more :)

10. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Maybe I just needed to play more because I am really loving this. I think the trick is to use your special weapon while you are blasting away with the gun so that it triggers in the direction you want. The more I play, the more I am amazed as to how much content there is. Lots of things to unlock/upgrade, different characters with different strengths/weakness, alternative routes to take. This is really well done and I know will be a hit.

11. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Please ensure this comes with MFI support for controllers!! Looks great, one of my favourite genres. Look at xenowerk by pxielbite for twin stick done right!

"Edit" just saw it does have MFI, awesome!

12. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    #32 10tonsLtd, Oct 18, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    MFI is supported and works wonderfully because of the PC/console origins of the title. That said, we've done our best to deliver smooth on-screen twin-stick touch controls also.

With MFI contoller and a powerful iPad the experience gets really close to PC/console version which feels really good. Still amazed by how powerful the most recent mobile devices are.

During the few recent weeks we've further tweaked the controls, UI, and general playability.

Currently we're looking to launch during November. Exact date still pending!

13. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    This looks so fun! Any mention on price?

14. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    Final price is still undecided. The plan is to launch late November with a limited time launch discount.

Our first release candidate was just approved so we should be in schedule. we expect to push one more update before launch to catch last issues.

Here's our most likely final iTunes artwork/icon

[​IMG]

15. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Yeeesss!! Can't wait

16. MoonKnight542

MoonKnight542 Member

Jun 3, 2015
    This looks cool I would like to play test it

17. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Been playing this non stop and psyched for release. This game is amazing and the devs should get a lot of credit for this.

18. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Release date?

19. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    The updated visuals are fantastic and love the new way to control your secondary weapon.