Universal [Beta] Tacticool: 5v5 top-down battlefield with cars, ragdoll, destruction and physics

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sazonov, Jun 29, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DocRak

DocRak New Member

Jul 3, 2017
  2. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Got to love this. Puts a smile on your face every time.

I know I've said it before but it would be so great to be able to blow the armoured van with RPG, grenade etc. to get to the money bag early, would open up tactical possibilities.

Needs more folks playing; get involved. It's great fun.

3. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    New update seems nice and solid. Has the distance blur increased a little? (maybe I just need to clean my glasses).

Anyhow; still great. Need more players for this truly fantastic game.

4. Sazonov

Sazonov Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2014
    also games...
    You are not wrong! It's a side effect from resolution change for some of the devices.

Yes, we need more players now! We just had an update and also fixed one of the nasty matchmaking bugs. Android users are also welcome, the game is cross-platform, everyone will play together.

5. Loosey101

Loosey101 Active Member

Oct 12, 2015
    Invite

Hi guys! I signed up last night for the beta invite, when will I receive that?

6. Sazonov

Oct 8, 2014
    also games...
    Hey! We send out the new invites at least twice a week. PM me your email if you haven't received it yet.

7. Loosey101

Loosey101 Active Member

Oct 12, 2015
    Quick thoughts that I think would improve the game immensely.

1. Add an option to turn off auto-run. It's too hard to turn on a dime, and this leads to bots running around in circles around each other. I like the traditional style of being able to push forward on a digital thumb stick to move my man.

2. Make matches longer. IMO, matches are far too short right now. For instance, team deathmatch needs to have a total number of deaths that a team must achieve to win (i.e. team blue/red wins when they reach 20 kills). Having team death match end after all five players have died, makes matches super short.

Those are my main two gripes, other than that, I LOVE the physics and graphics, you guys are really on to something.

Cheers

8. politicsasusual

politicsasusual Active Member

The beta is absolutely incredible guys, great work all around. I'd easily pay $5 to $10 flat for this; and if there's ever an update or an interest in adding a survival mode or longer matches I'd be thrilled. Also, as someone who commutes daily via the metro its awesome to be able to play against bots OFFLINE. So many multiplayer shooters in the app store need to be connected in order to function, thank you for making a title like this easily accessible to players online and offline.

9. Sazonov

Oct 8, 2014
    also games...
    Thank you for your kind words! Many people actually love the physics and destruction, but we would not have it all - if let's say we were making something completely different, with joystick and ability to change the direction instantly etc. Did you give yourself some time to get used to our controls? And did you figure out already that you
    can stand (and slow down the car) by holding left and right simultaneously?

It's heartwarming to know that you want to put money into our game! What do you think would make a valuable starter pack in Tacticool?

10. Sazonov

Oct 8, 2014
    also games...
    We are updating today and sending out the new wave of invites, so it's a good idea to apply today!

What's new in this build:
    - connectivity issue fixed
    - several other bug fixes
    - optional controls (from settings) - joystick

11. Sazonov

Oct 8, 2014
    also games...
    What do you think of the new (optional) controls? Allows both standing still and using stick to set the direction.

12. Sazonov

Oct 8, 2014
    also games...
  13. Loosey101

Loosey101 Active Member

Oct 12, 2015
    Sorry about the delay in response. LOVE them! Makes it much easier to play and control IMHO. Really enjoying the thumb stick. Only thing that would make the game better would be longer matches. A death match mode with a kill limit to win the match.

14. Sazonov

Oct 8, 2014
    also games...
    We are working on making the time between rounds much shorter. Would that also help?

15. Loosey101

Loosey101 Active Member

Oct 12, 2015
    I think it would, but I think the problem is that matches are just too short. Everyone seems to run to the same area and on average matches last a total of 30 secs.

16. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    Correct me if I'm wrong but it being bite-sized is practically a mission statement for this game.

I like the new controls but they were effectively provided under duress after so many people requested such a scheme, taking the game away from how the devs conceived it.
    Taking away the time limit would simply steer the game further away from that original vision.

I'm a strong proponent of providing options but I hope that there will always be a "core mode" that reflects the initial intention of the creators.

17. Sazonov

Oct 8, 2014
    also games...
    Check out the update!
    - you can now shoot from the passenger's seat
    - reworked pre-match UI
    - map Tlensk featuring muddy snow and 'NPC' tank
    - a new car with four seats

18. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    A new map! Lovely; can't wait to give that a go.

19. Sazonov

Oct 8, 2014
    also games...
    Long time no see! We have updated A LOT of things:
    - controls
    - gunplay
    - respawns
    - maps
    - gun and ability meta
    etc

If you have seen the game a long time ago - please let me know how do you like it now?

We have many beta testers playing these days. Although there's only one testing region right now - EU/CIS. Some say that the lag is tolerable from US.

Need access to the game? - just PM me. Or sign-up for Beta, which normally takes longer to process.

20. Sazonov

Oct 8, 2014
    also games...
    Promo code: BETATESTER