Universal [BETA] Stickman Skate Battle (by Djinnworks)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by robertsze, Jan 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elekchron

elekchron Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Ooh not long to go now :)

2. pandapando

pandapando Member

Feb 3, 2017
  3. robertsze

robertsze Well-Known Member
    Patreon Top Tier

Oct 20, 2009
    Stickman Skate Battle Beta is available soon, so prepare for your first Battle:

We will announce the upcoming soft launch and beta program right here on Toucharcade, so stay tuned (but in the meantime you can already signup for the beta here: http://djinnworks.at/stickmanskatebattle )

4. robertsze

Patreon Top Tier

Oct 20, 2009
    Added beta signup infos to main post

5. TrueBlou

TrueBlou Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 20, 2014
    Software Developer - witenoiz.com
    Scotland
    Sometimes I wish I wasn't a dev just so I could join in on some of the betas.
    Really liking the look of this, look forward to playing it, definitely a day one download.

6. robertsze

Patreon Top Tier

Oct 20, 2009
    You mean you can't join TestFlight if you are a registered iOS developer?

7. robertsze

Patreon Top Tier

Oct 20, 2009
    Thanks so much for signing up as beta testers. The first beta test round is now full with 1000 testers. If you signed up for the newsletter and didn't receive an invitation please first check your spam folder. In case you didn't get a mail from us at all it means that the beta group was full already.

We will add new testers twice every day, so please stay tuned for the invitation mail. If you didn't signup yet, you can do so at http://djinnworks.at/stickmanskatebattle .

8. The Infamous E

The Infamous E Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2014
    #28 The Infamous E, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
    The gameplay and graphics are solid, a shame this game has so much potential.

This game is so pay to win it's insane. Everything runs on coins. Want to play a game? Pay coins. Regenerate at 25 per hour. First duels start at 50, and free ride isn't free, it costs 25. Duels go up to 2.5 million coins.

Want to do more than two tricks? Pay coins. The tricks also provide different point bonuses per trick, and combos score higher, so buying coins immediately give you higher score potential. You can also buy better boards and riders up to absurd amounts of coins? $500k plus.

The clincher: pay $3.99 real money to get 5 uses of add 5 seconds to your run in pvp! Did I mention that both players pay coins to duel and the winner takes all? So the rich get richer by paying for higher score capability and then using it to steal your coins.

I am removing myself from TestFlight for this game. Please give my spot to one of your potential whales...

9. robertsze

Patreon Top Tier

Oct 20, 2009
    Thanks for your feedback.

Actually one of our main focus is trying to get Stickman Skate Battle as fair as possible for non paying players. This is mostly archived by the match making algorithm which tries to match players with similar configuration and inventory. If you don't own good stuff yet (which you will also get by winning games, rewards, ranking up, etc..) you will not be matched with players who own the great stuff already. (in addition to skill based match making)
    Additionally we make heavy use of rewards which you will get at multiple points in the game. (you will get free boards, skaters, coins, etc.) and using the daily spin wheel should always get you enough money to play or even cool stuff from time to time.

The main purpose of the beta phase is actually to balance all this things. Making sure everyone can play, make sure there aren't conditions where you can't continue to play, make sure players are matched correctly (so that there a no pay to win situations, etc.).

Regarding duels up to $2.5m and boards up to $500k. Whenever you win a match your bet coins get doubled, so you can reach this level with a bit of playing. Once you won the best tournament only once you get enough coins to purchase almost the entire inventory.

Regarding your other points, version 0.0.5 is in review already (already live on Android) which removed the fee for training (was required to test the backend mechanics) and extra time in-app set to lowest price possible (not sure if this is going to stay yet...)

Thanks for using the beta and giving feedback!

10. PadiPadinski

PadiPadinski New Member

May 10, 2017
    Very nice game

The game is just fantastic, I like it very much. At the beginning it’s hard to get used with the controls but I learned quite fast and it’s a lot of fun now.
    The only thing which annoys me is the camera angle, it’s difficult to look ahead and see which ramp comes next. Sometimes I can’t even find my player because there are some obstacles in front of him. I’d love to see the option to change to third person perspective.

11. robertsze

Patreon Top Tier

Oct 20, 2009
    Thanks for the great feedback!

Regarding the learning curve, we are currently implementing a complete new tutorial showing each action with slow motion and more explanations.
    Additionally we are still finalising the levels to correctly move up the camera angle when obstacles are between the camera and the player.

12. TrueBlou

Patreon Silver

Mar 20, 2014
    Scotland
    #32 TrueBlou, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
    Ha, no of course not. I actually beta test for Jump Desktop.
    I just mean a lot of developers don't want other developers getting early access to their games. For obvious reasons, there's a lot of sleazy, sneaky, thieving, unscrupulous people out there. (I cleaned that last bit up a lot! What I wanted to say was significantly less public friendly :D)

I'm not one, which probably everyone would say. But I've been testing software and hardware for over 20 years from little unknown developers right up to Microsoft, NETGEAR, Roku and so many more I couldn't list them.
    I'm able to keep things confidential and more importantly I have no desire to steal people's ideas even if it's something I could recreate.

Which again, sounds like something everyone would say. But, well look at what I do release. I do my own thing, I do whatever I enjoy and crucially, odd as it may seem, I don't do it for money.

All of my apps are free. Not laden with adverts and forced purchases free. Just free, with the option to basically donate to me if you like the game. I call it "Buy me a coffee".

As for the why, that's simple. For one, I don't think I'm of a calibre to demand money from people. But more importantly, I make apps to keep me occupied, I'm disabled but I refuse to be idle so I make apps and games as a hobby. I have other business interests that make my money. So, I've no real reason to steal someone's ideas.

And as you'll have noticed, my morphine makes me waffle on something rotten. I'll shut up now :D

13. robertsze

Patreon Top Tier

Oct 20, 2009
    Beta Version 0.0.6 has just gone live!

14. TrueBlou

Patreon Silver

Mar 20, 2014
    Scotland

Edging closer to a release then? Can't wait to get my grubby mitts on this game :D

15. robertsze

Patreon Top Tier

Oct 20, 2009
    #35 robertsze, May 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
  16. TrueBlou

Patreon Silver

Mar 20, 2014
    Scotland
  17. robertsze

Patreon Top Tier

Oct 20, 2009
    We hope too ;) But we are working day and night to make sure we can deliver the best possible experience