Universal [BETA] Stan Lee's Hero Command

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by F84Sean, Nov 22, 2014.

1. F84Sean

F84Sean Active Member

Jun 29, 2012
    Wow, thanks for all the positive feedback! As Frank mentioned we are hard at work on getting the game ready for launch. This includes but is not limited to

- Story prompts through out each mission plus additional story cut scenes that flesh out each characters story
    - More variety in the enemies you fight
    - Difficulty balance (amount of enemies, enemy stats etc.)

Additionally this beta build only features 1 hero (Steamhammer) and 1 page of his campaign. Once the game is launched 2 additional heroes will be available each with 3 pages of content. Also each hero has their own set of unique attacks that can be unlocked giving each character a different play style. Again, thanks for all the feedback! We are really excited to get this game done!

Deathmatch would be epic! Would have to find a way to balance each heroes skills so that everybody is on equal footing ;)

2. BigMuddyGames

BigMuddyGames Active Member

Nov 26, 2014
    Canada
    Stan Lee is the man

3. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Tutorial (not training room) needs to be tempered down a bit. Don't want to frustrate them before they start.

Variety of enemies. I'm still early on so I'm sure it will kick in.

Deathmatch sounds great! If you want to check an example of a deathmatch done right check out a game called Meow Meow Happy Fight.

First impressions are positive, I was really expecting another Injustice style game and to be honest the stick controlled bashers like Minigore have been scarce lately. Seems like a few years back we had tons of them. Narrative by Stan will give some much needed character. So far I like the direction you are going in. Possibilities include a large asst. of collectable heroes, daily missions, and daily log in bonuses are a great alternative to timers, which are despised by gamers, to ensure they are coming back everyday. It could be anything from collectable comic book covers or heroes or currency or a message from Stan.

Will check back after I get a little further in.

4. TouchGamer1987

TouchGamer1987 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Grad Student
    New York City
    So, is this coming out Thursday?

There's been like no info surrounding it

5. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Can we get Stan here? ;)

6. F84Sean

F84Sean Active Member

Jun 29, 2012
    Hero Command Beta 2

Hey everybody!

I'm here to announce that we are launching beta 2 for Hero Command. Beta 2 features a new playable hero...Seer! She is our psychic ability character and features different psychic themed attacks. Help Seer stop the evil voodoo master Zombi and his voodoo minions!

We have prepared the first page of Seer's campaign with 6 different hot spots for beta 2. So get in there and and start playing!

As always we are excited to hear any feedback you all have on the game. So be sure to let us know what you think!

Emails should be arriving soon with download instructions if you participated in beta 1. If you aren't on the list just send a message to [email protected] with your first/last name and we will get you on the beta list. Space is limited though! Just a note the beta will only run on devices running iOS8+

Thanks everybody and we hope you enjoy playing as Seer and helping us test the game!

7. Glenn42

Glenn42 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Hey Guys:

I've been playing for a while and am enjoying the game so far. Seer is a fun character. Here are some of my impressions.

1) The control scheme seems a bit odd. I certainly understand that it is not a twin stick shooter (more of a hybrid one) but I can shoot OR move. Which means I can't back away from an enemy while firing at them.

2) I hit a texture issue in the Practice Room. I destroyed a crate and 1 of the pieces turned white. Unfortunately, I have not been able to reproduce it yet.

3) Are the question marks on the upgrade screen supposed to work?

4) LOVE Stan. 'Nuff said.

Having a ball, playing though. Will post more impressions as I get further into the game.

Keep up the good work.
    G

8. F84Sean

F84Sean Active Member

Jun 29, 2012
    #28 F84Sean, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
    Hey Glenn really appreciate the feedback!

Yeah since each hero has a main attack and then additional abilities we went with the current control setup. If the character only had one attack we could go with a true twin stick shooter control scheme but with multiple attacks we fell like the shoot or move setup is the best way to go.

Thanks for reporting this. I'll get the note added to our database.

They are not functional for this build. We are still working out the description text for each item.

We couldn't agree more!

Really happy to hear you are enjoying the game. We are having a lot of fun working on the game and are excited to get it done. If you have any more feedback feel free to share it!

There are still a few beta slots available for anybody that is interested in testing!

9. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    ok you win I watched the video how do I sign up?

my Testflight email is [email protected]

10. F84Sean

F84Sean Active Member

Jun 29, 2012
    You should receive an email with instructions on how to download shortly. Let us know what you think!

11. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    #31 aconfusedkender, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
    Got it thanks Sean. I'll DL it when I get home on WiFi

12. Glenn42

Glenn42 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Hey Sean:

Got the new build and having a ball playing. Just 2 things at the moment...

1) The Intro scene for Captain Steam Hammer is going WAY too fast. I didn't have a chance to read the text.

2) Warning, this is a MINOR quibble... As the button for the Hammer Slam fills, the fill line is vertical as it moves across the button. As the button is offset around the attack key, it just looks a little odd. I think it would be less jarring if the fill line were oriented to follow the button, if you take my meaning.

Getting back to playing. Keep up the great work!

Glenn

13. Frank84

Frank84 Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Male
    Lead Programmer at F84 Games
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thank you all that participated in the Stan Lee's Hero Command Beta, which is now officially over. We received a lot of great feedback and made a big push to improve and polish the game as much as possible. Apple just approved our submission and it will go live this Thursday March 19th. Our art and design team is already working on update content and we all are looking forward to supporting the game for a long time. Make sure to check our new gameplay trailer at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SxVemOhzZE