[BETA] Squids Inc - Mobile shooter with extreme quality

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by secredut, May 2, 2016.

1. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    When do beta invites go out

2. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    I'm so in!!!! Cannot wait, oh those visuals!!!!!

3. yearoftherat

yearoftherat Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    This looks like so much fun..signed up.:)

4. secredut

secredut Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2015
    #24 secredut, May 3, 2016
    Last edited: May 3, 2016
    Hey guys, I've sent all the invitations and test started.
    Please enjoy and help us to make better game. :)

5. secredut

Feb 3, 2015
    Ah... I need apologize about the time announcement. I thought Touch Arcade is using Washington DC time zone, but I just realized that it's not. I should been specify the time zone, I'm sorry about it. :(

6. Dekon

Dekon Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Belgium
    Signed up for iPhone 6s plus and iPad pro (12,9)!

7. SleazyParachute

May 4, 2016
    Wait so we can no longer join the beta?

8. secredut

Feb 3, 2015
    Hi, You can sign in here: http://goo.gl/forms/lkok2Q9fNJ
    If you already signed in but still can't get a invitation, there might be some problem.
    Please let me know your name and email of Apple ID. :)

9. epickev

epickev Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 24, 2015
    Account Manager
    New Zealand
    Rad

Looks Rad.
    Can't wait for testing to commence.

10. McGuffin

McGuffin Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Great little gem!

So I've played for a bit and its quite a nice concept. The beta is currently a bit limited, but I can see the potential there.

To the devs, for ease of playing while on the move, will there be 'autofire' in the game? Also are there plans for multiplayer / coop at some point?

Thanks! I love the art style and the firing mechanics are pretty interesting. Can't wait for an expanded beta or a full release :)

Oh also, will progress (limited as it is), be wiped?

11. secredut

Feb 3, 2015
    #31 secredut, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
    Hi, thank you for playing our game and great feedback. :)
    Auto fire sounds great! We will seriously consider about it! Maybe it could attached to the lamp's property. Thank you for your precious idea.
    Unfortunately, right now, we have no server programmer who can handle multiplayer / coop issue. However, if we got some money after release, we will definitely hire someone who can handle it.
    And the limit of the progress will be wiped out. How did you know that??? :confused:

12. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Just wanted to say thanks very much for the test flight invite.

13. McGuffin

McGuffin Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Heheh I see everything :D I think autofire as a lamp property would be awesome! I wish you guys lots of success and that you can add multiplayer in the future. In the meantime, how about and endless more or score attack mode? That can help make the game last longer for players.

14. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Fapfapfap? Is this a joke? I don't know if Apple would even allow this masturbation joke through. (or is this a language thing?)

The layer of narrative, which seems to be very common in Korean games, seems useless and long-winded to me.

I do like the mechanics of the game itself, but the story isn't terribly compelling.

15. secredut

Feb 3, 2015
    I'm really sorry about the F word. New build is uploading and all the F words has gone. Actually I didn't know that it means that kind of thing. Sorry for my bad english. And I also agreed with your opinion about the story and we are currently rearranging it. Moving tutorials back and cutting out the scripts. Thank you for your feedback. If you guys didn't let us know about it, we couldn't fix it. Thanks again!

16. secredut

Feb 3, 2015
    We are the one who say thank you. Thank you for join our beta test. :)

17. secredut

Feb 3, 2015
    Endless attack mode sounds great! My note is full of your idea. Thanks! :)

18. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2010
    #38 JoshW, May 5, 2016
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
    Loving the latest build! It's really great & nice fixes on the English. I just noticed a couple small mistakes - in one of the early dialogue balloons "lightning" is misspelled as "lightening" (also, it says "lightening volt" and I think you mean "lightning bolt" with a "b" not a "v") Also, the plural of "fish" is actually just "fish" though it is grammatically okay to use "fishes" if you're referring to more than one type of fish.

I think the dialogue and instructions from the characters is good & funny, but you might be able to cut it down just a little more. It's still feeling just a little too wordy - I'm always eager to get to the gameplay!

And boy is the gameplay great! I especially love "Fever" mode. I'm also really loving the sounds and music. As I said before, this game is already fantastic and it's exciting seeing it get polished so well.

19. secredut

Feb 3, 2015
    Thanks for your great feedback! I've fixed all the typo and grammatical error. Thanks! We also working on removing our scripts as many as possible, but it's not easy task for me.:(
    However, It's really glad that you like our game! Thank you again for your feedback! :D

20. secredut

Feb 3, 2015
    Hey guys,

The tester sign up finished, and the test will be closed at May 8th 6PM(Washington DC timezone).

Thanks for your great feedbacks which was really good! Now we got a lot of tasks to solve and I know it will make our game much better!

Thanks for participating our beta test. We will come back with better 'Squids Inc'!