[BETA] Raze: Dungeon Arena Hack-N-Slash ARPG on Testflight

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by johnny_x, Jul 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I would say no but I wish progress saved.

2. ComplaintDept

ComplaintDept Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Beta

I would love to be a part of the beta. I signed up on the website, but haven't heard anything else.

3. The Infamous E

The Infamous E Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2014
    If you want Diablo iOS, you got it. This game is amazing

4. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    #24 anthony78, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    Only played one level but it’s really, really good. Gorgeous looking and great combat mechanics. Definitely looking like it could be my Diablo fix on mobile (unlike the trash that Torchlight turned out to be).

So I’m guessing this will be F2P? Would love it to be premium but know that’s probably not realistic, unfortunately.

One nit pick. Is it possible to make it so you can skip the intro video? Or is that necessary for loading?

5. johnny_x

johnny_x Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2017
    Game Development and Promotion
    Guangzhou, China

You should be able to skip the intro video by tapping. I'm on a different build the the Testflight version, but I've always been able to skip the intro video. I'll forward this to the right people and see if anyone else has experienced this issue.

About F2P or Premium -- This game is definitely geared towards a more limited and hardcore audience. So on one hand, I think making this game premium would make sense. Other people have also said they would prefer this game to be premium. The original plan, however, was for this game to be F2P(You can already see it in the interface). I'm definitely collecting feedback -- and I'll be giving it to the higher ups when I can. ;)

6. johnny_x

Jul 10, 2017
    Guangzhou, China
    Thanks! We still have many bugs and quirks to work out -- but we wanted to at least give everyone a taste of the core gameplay mechanics. We just hope to build off what we have and add more depth, especially to the multiplayer side of the game.

7. johnny_x

Jul 10, 2017
    Guangzhou, China
    We're trying to invite as many people as we can. When I made this post I expected maybe 30-50 people to sign up. Let's just say I vastly underestimated the toucharcade community!

I'll push them to keep sending the invites. Sorry for the wait!

8. johnny_x

Jul 10, 2017
    Guangzhou, China
    :eek: The recharge interface is already in the game -- but you can't buy anything. That function is disabled. I would say don't plan on your current progress being saved. We would love to save everyone's characters and accounts, but when we tried that in the past, the people who re-used accounts from earlier versions experienced a lot more glitches and crashes.

Just explore and have a bit of fun. Don't get too extreme on building your heroes up just yet -- because I can't guarantee that progress will be saved.

9. The Infamous E

Aug 16, 2014
    I am currently experiencing a bug where my character has become fully invincible and is one shot killing everything in the dark frontier. Is this a known bug or do you need more info? I thought it was related to gear and I tried switching gear and it doesn't matter. iPhone 7 plus latest iOS, I am using the level 13 archer, and bison as the secondary. When I switch to bison he is also invincible and one shots everything. I can stand still and let everything attack me and take no damage, every hit I take makes a metal clanging sound. Every enemy, even the boss enemies, die from one hit.

This only is happening in my current dark frontier run. If I play the normal missions things are normal, but my dark frontier run will not end because I cannot die, I do not take any damage ever

10. johnny_x

Jul 10, 2017
    Guangzhou, China
    Certainly sounds like a bug to me. I'll forward this info to the appropriate people. Thanks for the heads up!

11. The Infamous E

Aug 16, 2014
    #31 The Infamous E, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    I am currently on level 40 of the dark frontier, and I can clear a dark frontier floor in less than 60 seconds. With a level 13 archer, and I'm collecting close to 50,000 gold each floor, sometimes more.

If you need more info PM me. I stopped milking it because you said progress won't be saved from beta, lol

Update: at level 41 the game will not spawn enemies. I exited the dark frontier using them menu and started another dark frontier from level 1 with my second key. I am still fully invincible and one shotting everything.

12. johnny_x

Jul 10, 2017
    Guangzhou, China
    PM me if you have any relevant screenshots! Another player also discovered that a certain set of gear gave them complete immunity if their HP dropped below 40%. That set of gear was obtained through the group quests by talking to Rutherford the bartender.

Do you happen to have this set of gear? (It's three pieces)

13. The Infamous E

Aug 16, 2014
    I do not have the set gear. I can't get back into the dark frontier now so I can't take screenshots but it happened after I entered a second time too, and I tried to change gear to make it change and it didn't. My HP never dropped as I could not be injured at all, ever.

My current gear is

Helm of the night lv10
    Star's death lv10
    Death's ring of hatred lv4
    Zanthus'' leather boots lv13
    Assassins mantle lv9
    Hand guards of calamity lv12

That is what I initially entered the dark frontier with. But I am only invulnerable with one shot kills in dark frontier, everything else was normal in all other modes.

14. DTon72

DTon72 Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Release Date?

So far I really enjoy the game and can't wait until release.

Do you have an estimated release date or timeframe yet?

15. johnny_x

Jul 10, 2017
    Guangzhou, China
    We were shooting for the end of August for releasing on iOS. I'm not sure if we'll make it -- since there is still a lot of work left to be done!

The Android version is planned for even later -- because we don't even have a workable APK yet. The Android version will be noticeably smaller, though, due to the differences in file compression.

16. adamlax

adamlax Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2013
    Male
    Do IAP's work on the TestFlight beta?

17. johnny_x

Jul 10, 2017
    Guangzhou, China
    No. You can't purchase anything with real money during the Testflight beta.

18. Chickenskins

Chickenskins Member

Dec 20, 2016
    Still loving this game! By FAR the best ARPG I've played so far.

Will there be more content added to the beta?

Oh and I came across a pre registration form on the website. Didn't saw any mentioning here.

http://raze.wonderent.net/index.php?m=wap&c=Raze&a=init&cid=1

19. johnny_x

Jul 10, 2017
    Guangzhou, China
    Yeah, there is a pre-registration website. I was just trying to follow the community guidelines as close as I could -- providing info and value without being too spammy. But yeah, we do have a pre-registration page. :cool:

I don't think there will be more content added to the closed beta. The version you all are playing is actually the 3rd oldest build we currently have. We've fixed a lot of the bugs regarding XP potions and losing your progress -- and we've tweaked the UI and fonts to make things more readable. The beta should run until August 10th or so. After that, we're contemplating soft launches or an open beta.

We'll post a feedback form here soon -- We would love to gather everyone's thoughts!

20. Alomar

Alomar New Member

Jul 21, 2017
    Requirements

I got a testflight invite, but it says it is incompatible with my device. What generation Ipad do you need? I have the latest IOS and a ipad 4th generation? Would really like to try this out