Universal [Beta][Pre-Order/Nov 13] Micro Breaker - 3d bricks smasher

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BWDev, Sep 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BWDev

BWDev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    #101 BWDev, Oct 26, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    @macplash @Zahaguy
    Exactly! I haven't started working on it yet and I already have a headache :D
    Prices have changed in last years, especially iaps in f2p, as ads ecpm has increased significantly. I would like to maintain the game for a long time, so I have to find the right balance between f2p and premium models. I'll probably be adjusting the prices (for example by long term sales) as soon as I know the game statistics. And it is relatively easy to lower prices, as opposed to raising them ;)
    I take into account the opinions of the players on this matter, and I have to do a proper research before the final decisions are made.
    Lucky for me there is still some time left to the release, so I can focus on polishing the game first :)
    Also thanks for kind words!

Zahaguy likes this.
  2. Zahaguy

Zahaguy Active Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Male
    Well said @macplash . You’ll get there @BWDev . The game’s gonna rock... it’s gonna be bigger than if an ANGRY BIRD took a JETPACK JOYRIDE! ;D

BWDev likes this.
  3. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @BWDev well, thanks for the tip. I did actually. It felt like cheating. And, I don’t know if I’m just that lucky, but I just spent almost two hours playing a challenge. Just one challenge! I got physically tired and gave up after 70 winning streak.

I’ve been making screenshots after each level since level 35 in expectation the next one is my final one and it couldn’t go any better than that. At some point I got 10 lives and still unused Lucky save and 2 revives in the bank. Well, was I wrong?! The challenge mode needs a save option. Something like when you quit Zen mode in other games. Just to pick up where we left. Because this was crazy. Seriously.

At level 65 I was sure I’m done when I saw those red striped bricks so I decided to make a video of my downfall. Well, didn’t happen.

and when I made it to level 70, I just couldn’t continue, so I just gave up. Didn’t even buy revives. I really hope you can add that saving option, cause this was really exhausting in one sitting. I ended up earning almost 100.000 credits, smashed almost 6000 bricks and almost doubled my challenge score record.

[​IMG]

BWDev and Zahaguy like this.
  4. Zahaguy

Zahaguy Active Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Male
    You’re a solo wrecking crew, pal! Awesome idea about saving in challenge mode. If I add together my streaks over 4 games, I can finally beat your score!! ;D

5. Zahaguy

Zahaguy Active Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Male
    @macplash @BWDev Possible Screen Size Adjust: I dunno how @macplash feels, certainly he’s done better than me in Challenge Mode, but I find that sometimes my finger obscures my view of the ball.

I know in Bullet Hell games, there’s an option to format the screen such that there’s a bit of “dead space” @ the bottom for the player’s finger to maneuver the ship without impeding the view of gameplay. Would a similar mechanic be useful here? Just food for thought... Have a great weekend! ~ Mike

6. BWDev

BWDev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    @macplash 70 levels!, That is so impressive! I Imagine how exhausting was playing such fast paced game without taking a break :)
    Thanks for sharing your impressions - really appreciate!
    You are right that save option is most important here. Unfortunately at the current state I can make save only between levels. I plan to add in-game saving option in the distant future :) So far I was wondering between adding auto save on the beginning of the level or adding "save & quit" option on level summary screen. First option looks more comfortable for the player, but I'm afraid this will allow players to exploit the challenge mode ( app quit->load). Second one is not perfect, but I guess it will be better than nothing, at least for now :)

Also slow ball perk surely needs serious rework, I didn't expect it is so OP, thanks for pointing it out.
    I'm thinking of an additional increase in the difficulty of the challenge mode, mostly at further levels, as in my opinion it'd be better to have it shorter and more challenging, especially for experienced players who have a lot of unlocked items.
    And I'll have to add an win-streak bonus cap (i think after ~20-30lvl), as 100k credits sounds insane :D

@Zahaguy thanks! Could you tell me if the problem with finger pointer is with the iPhone or iPad? Adding dead space at the bottom is problematic, as paddle moves in two axes. In other hand there is a margin on wide screen devices (iPhone X+). I have been trying to reach a compromise between playability and the look of the game :) Anyway I'll think if it is possible improve it somehow (as you mentioned maybe by adding some zoom out).

7. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Zahaguy as you see by the circle below the paddle from my latest gameplay video, that's where my finger is. It's placed perfectly so there's no obstruction whatsoever as if it would be if I have to touch the paddle directly. I admit there's a little space on the bottom of the table I could use so the paddle is further from the bricks and I have more time to react. But I don't think it's possible to adjust that further.

Zooming out the table as @BWDev suggests is a bad idea. Just imagine picking up a ball shrink power-up or 8-ball power-up. The ball is pretty small at the moment. With table zoomed out further it'd be borderline unplayable. What could solve it is controlling the ball by touching wherever on the screen. I don't know how it's called exactly. Just take a look at option in Sky Force. It's either keeping the finger on a plane directly or wherever on the screen.

I'm playing on iPad so I have absolutely no problem with the controls as it is right now. This control scheme might help on smaller devices, but there's no better position for the finger as slightly below the paddle as it is right now.

@BWDev I don't care what kind of save option would it be. It's just that literally anything would be better than having no option at all. Auto save after each level, save and quit option, checkpoint every 5 levels.. Doesn't matter. Just something. Anything.

Increase of difficulty is your preferred option. I understand. But keep in mind I got maybe 50 hours invested in game already. All the power-ups upgraded. I know what levels might cause me trouble when I see them. If you do it too hard, other players might not like it. It might scare them off before they have a chance to get familiar with the game enough. Maybe it's time to consider a nightmare mode as @Zahaguy suggested. The same with credits. You put a cap on them, people might feel cheated. It takes a lot of time and effort to unlock and upgrade everything. Getting rewards is a motivation to play further. You deprive them of that, they won't play, because why would they, right?

It's always tricky to balance the difficulty right. Especially if there's only one default option for everybody. For some it'll be too difficult, for some it'll be just enough. For some it'll easy as a breeze. There's no way to please everyone. Why not to keep it as it is and you can always bring some changes after a certain period of time when you get some feedback from much bigger audience than now?

Or not, I don't know. You said you increased difficulty in 1.0.2 but my previous best was 24 and I played a lot of challenges. Average around 17. And now with new version I had like three attempts with scores around 30, 45 and 70? I don't know. You need some fresh perspective on this. It's like when I started playing that you said you're playing a lot and need some fresh eyes on the matter. It would be weird if I didn't get better after 50 hours. By this logic you could be increasing the difficulty indefinitely. Let's wait what others has to say about it. Btw, I don't know if @Zahaguy was joking when he mentioned his 4 level streak in challenge, but if that's true, imagine how ridiculous the game could be if you'd increase the difficulty even further. So, yeah.

8. Zahaguy

Zahaguy Active Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Male
    iPad Air 2. It’s not game-breaking or will make me rage quit. But sometimes, depending on the ball & background, the playing surface really camouflages the ball. I’ve found it to be more of a sticking point in landscape mode than portrait. Anyway, not a huge deal. I’m nitpicking, but want to give all the feedback for your consideration..

9. Zahaguy

Zahaguy Active Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Male
    @macplash GIMME SOME CREDIT: I WAS JOKING! =) Yes, I see your position & Sky Force is a superb example of relative touch. I think it would be tricky to mimic that in this game, though. I’m not a hardcore gamer, but I’ve played & beta-tested my share. I think the difficulty is on an appropriate track. Agree on some save option in challenge mode. I know between iCloud & Auto-save @BWDev is getting sick & tired of me talking about savings! ;D Thanks..

macplash likes this.
  10. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Zahaguy I'm truly sorry! :D I was like 90% sure you're joking. But imagine someone else struggle that much. How would he feel if the difficulty was increased even further, am I right? And by the way, you have to have something to say about the changes in difficulty between 1.0.0 and 1.0.2, don't you?

All I'm saying is it's hard to adjust the difficulty based on feedback of a few people that are playing a lot anyway.

And once again, I'm sorry for thinking less of your skill. I have to admit, 4 level streak sounds ridiculous. I don't know why I got caught in that.:rolleyes:

Zahaguy likes this.
  11. Zahaguy

Zahaguy Active Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Male
    I just tried @macplash tip on both the iPhone 7 & iPad Air 2. Had a much easier time. Thanks. I’ll be up to a 70 streak with my eyes closed by dinner time! ;D

12. Zahaguy

Zahaguy Active Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Male
    No worries, pal. I’m used to being underestimated. ;D I tried your tip & it works much better on both devices. Thanks. I swear, I’m spending way too much time on this. Dreaming about bricks Just had a friend on Facebook ask, “Whaddya mean your marble doesn’t shrink?” ;D

13. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #113 macplash, Oct 27, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    What tip? I didn't share my ultimate knowledge with anyone! :p

Btw, as I can see we're all three here online at the same time, does the game has e.g. Discord channel created so we can chat there?:rolleyes: or exchange iMessage contacts?:oops:

EDIT: and after that suggestion everyone just disappeared like a fart in the wind, LOL:D

14. BWDev

BWDev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    #114 BWDev, Oct 27, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    @Zahaguy ok, I'll swap bouncy ball with neon one, as a reward on one of the first levels It should fix visibility issue :)

@macplash I fully understand your point of view and I don't want this game had ridiculously difficulty level :) In the challenge mode the ball speed is increased after each level, but there is a speed cap, so after several dozen levels challenge doesn't get any harder. I'm thinking about adjusting this cap - the new change would be noticeable only after ~20-30 levels. Credits bonus is increased by 15 after each level, so it is 480c at streak of 30 (7,8k c total) and 1080c at streak of 70 (39k total) and it is before the bonus multiplication. I wound't want to decrease bonus at all levels (especially first ones), that's why I'm considering to cap/freeze this to 500c per lvl. It is still a lot of credits for a single level (another option is to decrease gain to 10c). But maybe you are right and I should wait for more statistical data, to get an average results. Vast majority of players won't never get even close to your game time. So far I'll note it for future consideration, as I have a tons of other issues I have to take care of :D

[Edit] Discord is a good idea, I'm gonna set up a channel later today

macplash and Zahaguy like this.
  15. Zahaguy

Zahaguy Active Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Male
    Didn’t mean to leave you hanging. I was trying to defy the laws of physics & get a 70+ streak in Challenge Mode.

You can reach me via iMessage @ [email protected]
    My website is: www.michaelmanleywriter.com.
    In real life, I’m a crime writer.

macplash likes this.
  16. Zahaguy

Zahaguy Active Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Male
    @macplash @BWDev Great! Good ideas all the way around. Whew... my fingers need a break. @BWDev Why couldn’t you just design an auto-runner? =)

17. Mickael Maunier

Mickael Maunier New Member

Nov 3, 2019
    Male
  18. BWDev

BWDev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    Hello,
    v 1.0.4 is ready for testing.

change log:
    Code:
    v 1.0.4

General changes:
    - Added application rating request.
    - Remote config.

Balance and economy:
    - Challenge mode winstreak credits bonus decreased.
    - Challange mode ball speed gain per level increased. 
    - Slow and Fast ball perks speed change reduced.
    - Lucky save chance decreased to 20%

Bug fixes:
    - Several improvements and bug fixes related to the shop.
    - Anti stuck bricks mechanic improvement: now the impulse is slightly stronger.
    - Fixed display of incorrect state of the "screen tilt" button in settings menu.
    - Fixed "All Stars" achievement reporting.
    There is also discord server dedicated to the game:
    https://discord.gg/k8PdYxW