Universal [Beta][Pre-Order/Nov 13] Micro Breaker - 3d bricks smasher

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BWDev, Sep 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Zahaguy say what?:cool:

[​IMG]

2. Zahaguy

Zahaguy Active Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Male
    I THINK IT'S A BUG! :D YOU'RE A MACHINE, @macplash . Maybe I'd do better on my laptop. Could I press our awesome DEV for a MAC App Store release too? :} Guess I've gotta practice...

3. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Zahaguy nah, it’s just luck. During previous attempt I went into one of the hard levels with 5 hearts, I lost them all in less than a 30 seconds. I got Lucky save and bought 2 additional hearts with revive. Lost all of them. It’s those red striped bricks giving me a hard time. The closer to the paddle, the harder is it to react. Especially later during a winning streak as the ball increases its speed. So it doesn’t matter how well you’re doing, it’s always a gamble. All it needs to fail is just that one random level.

@BWDev speaking about ball’s speed. I see you went for 1000 credits as a reward for surviving the insane speed power-up. What happened to a plan going for an extra life instead? Are you worried it’s gonna get too easy?Because it won’t.;)

4. BWDev

BWDev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    #84 BWDev, Oct 26, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    @macplash @Zahaguy wow thanks! That is a lot of feedback, I'll try to answer to all points and I hope I won't miss anything :D

Atm shop images are placeholders. All shop stuff is planned to be done in v1.0.3, This includes also shop descriptions, limited time offer, prices etc. :) Prices are not final yet, still need to do calculations, But i think Premium Pack will cost something about $8-9.

@macplash power-ups achievements should be fixed, but to report it you need to unlock or upgrade at least 1 powerup, same with "the end has come" - anyway I'll check it again. I'll also take a look on "perfectionist". I'll append additional test in the case you have all unlocked already.

I'm currently working on ads remote config, so they shouldn't be so annoying starting from the next build. They can't be removed in test versions, but I'll make them less frequent at least.

As for the insane speed reward - I was wavering between the bonus points and an extra life and inded I've been thought extra life will be too easy :D It's not a problem to change it :)

@macplash what 44 win streak? It is impressive! Could you tell me what paddle/ball setup did you use?

5. Zahaguy

Zahaguy Active Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Male
    Agree 100 @macplash. I’d need the reflexes of a cheetah to survive most of those. And those striped bricks are my nemesis too. I did get off a few nukes with your namesake ball... =}

6. Zahaguy

Zahaguy Active Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Male
    @BWDev Well, I think you can justify charging $8-9 USD because of the high degree of polish & massive content.

But, @ that price point, it must be a fully premium experience. And, in my opinion, you might want to consider offering a premium paddle (or ball) to sweeten the deal. Perhaps a paddle offering a slo-motion effect? I don’t recall experiencing that mechanic in the game.

7. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    The same as before. I didn't change it. Fully upgraded paddle that grants an extra life (it's higher chance for Lucky save now) and of course nuke ball. Also most of my power-ups are fully upgraded, that's a plus.

Zahaguy likes this.
  8. BWDev

BWDev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    #88 BWDev, Oct 26, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    @Zahaguy I'm still doing the price calculation and research. For now I can say they will be surely "Limited time offer / welcome offer" discount for the premium pack. And yes, the premium pack will remove all f2p elements (however I don't know what to do with the global bonus yet). Offering a paddle/ball as a bonus is great idea, I have to think about it (as I'm expecting possible technical difficulties with it).

Thanks for the suggestion about slow-motion, however I was testing power-up with slow motion / bullet time, and I was not happy with the result - it was interfering with the pace of the game. At the moment it is possible to slow down the game for 2 seconds by raising a finger. Maybe I'll back to this idea in the future, with some combined mechanic (slowdown + something else).
    As for brand new paddles - it will also have to wait :D As those elements require time to be done good (design, assets, mechanics, testing).
    [Edit] But it could be good to add an amplification of this effect as a perk to one of the existing paddles. I'll note and test it! :)

9. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @BWDev @Zahaguy I agree the $8-9 price tag could be easily justified, but I'm afraid a majority of potential buyers won't see it that way. Especially when they start to compare it to fully premium experiences even though of different genres. I mean, Dead Cells is $8 and one can easily sink 100 hours in it without noticing. And a lot of other games come to mind.

With Micro Breaker, once the player's done with Normal mode, the game becomes "just" highscore chaser. And there's not a lot of them in that price range on the App Store, if any. That's how they might see it. It won't be easy to find the right number. There'll always be someone unhappy. That's just a fact.:rolleyes:

10. BWDev

BWDev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    Not bad :) Did you also try with a slower or energy ball?

11. Zahaguy

Zahaguy Active Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Male
    I could do that too, if I didn’t stop to sleep or eat breakfast! ;D Outstanding. I’ve got some catching up to do @macplash . Great job...

12. Zahaguy

Zahaguy Active Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Male
    This is an excellent point. Perhaps a subsequent update to the game could include a Nightmare Mode / Boss-Rush to boost replayability. I also think the (eventual) ability to play across iOS devices will appeal to buyers.

13. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Not yet. But I'm planning to. There's no harm in trying new strategies. I just did stick to what gave me the most satisfaction for now. I know I should do more proper testing, but it's really difficult when the game's that great! ;)

14. BWDev

BWDev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    @macplash @Zahaguy Agree estimating price is a hard point :D Thanks for sharing your point of view. As I mentioned I'll have to do exact calculations and compare them with other titles.

Zahaguy likes this.
  15. Zahaguy

Zahaguy Active Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Male
    @BWDev . Of course. I think @macplash provided some great insight into pricing to entice most gamers to dig that deep into their wallets. Hopefully the game will do tremendously well & you can offer a myriad of options in future updates. I hope a fully premium experience will be enough to sell the “Premium Pack”. I’d feel a lot more confident if a unique perk came along with it. Understand you’ve got enough on your plate without implementing a bunch of new mechanics. Now, if you’d like the “Premium Pack” to include a copy of my newest crime novel, we can really talk price which is gonna be sky-high, my friend! $$$ ;D

16. Zahaguy

Zahaguy Active Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Male

17. Zahaguy

Zahaguy Active Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Male
    When I first played your game, the iOS game ARKANOID vs. SPACE INVADERS came to mind. It’s 150 levels @ a price of $4.99, I think. Square Enix hasn’t updated it in a long time, if @ all. The upgrades are all consumables, as I recall. I think your game offers a wider array of level design & power-ups. It’s @ least as well-polished. I’d argue more so. But that was the comparison that initially came to my mind.

18. BWDev

BWDev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    That would be an interesting combo! :D

Thanks for the example, I'll check it!

19. Zahaguy

Zahaguy Active Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Male
    Absolutely. I checked. It hasn’t been updated in 2 years. There’re many brick breakers @ or below $2.99, but they’re ultra simplistic. Take a look @ A vs. SI. From gameplay, I don’t recall any IAP. 40 characters (boosters) unlocked in-game...

20. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Zahaguy it’s difficult to take older titles in comparison. I mentioned Grey Cubes earlier in this thread. I bought it on iOS back in 2015 for $3 I think, but it hasn’t been updated in a couple of years. Also, the prices are different now than back than.

@BWDev picking up appropriate pricing is incredibly difficult. I’d say it’s between focusing on those willing to pay for premium content versus those free 2 play players willing to watch a shitload of ads to generate a revenue. The first group could be easily attracted by special launch sale of premium pack or even premium pack itself already. The latter group’s trickier. Especially balancing the amount of ads for them. Too much and they’ll leave. Too little and you could barely afford groceries.

I wouldn’t want to be you at this point. I tell you that.;) But judging by what you already accomplished I’m not worried. You got this. I believe there’s already a fanbase emerging around this game. And I predict it’s gonna be huge. I have a faith in those whom appreciate quality. There’s a lot of examples here on TouchArcade for that matter. Those preferring premium content and/or are willing to support the developers for their hard work. Just take it easy. It’s gonna be alright no matter what choices you eventually make.;)

Zahaguy likes this.