Universal [Beta][Pre-Order/Nov 13] Micro Breaker - 3d bricks smasher

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BWDev, Sep 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #41 macplash, Oct 13, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    @BWDev Oh, I can imagine how funny my complaint about red stripe bricks has to sound to you knowing what you’ve prepared as a final boss. Well, guess what. Jokes on you, cause I destroyed that thing in 2 minutes and 30 seconds and 3-starred that level on my 2nd attempt.:p

Some achievements are bugged, obviously. I finished the game but didn’t get “the end has come” for completing the game. (Unless finishing the game means to collect everything as well). I have unlocked all power-ups but still didn’t get achievements “power-up!” (unlock any power-up) and “power-ups collector” (unlock all power-ups). I’m missing one star only thanks to unbeatable sector B level 17 mentioned in my previous post. So I’m going to focus all my attention on challenge mode now. Yay! :)

EDIT: my attempt at challenge mode ended up suddenly when the brick fell out of the arena.. LOL, that’s the first :D maybe the game’s trying to tell me to take a break...;)

2. BWDev

BWDev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    @macplash Congrats on the final boss! :D 3 stars and 2:30 on second attempt is a great result! I had more difficulty completing this one :)
    Thanks for the info about issues. I'will check all achievements once more. As for brick out of table - I've noticed this glitch can happen in very rare cases, and I'm working on additional protection.

3. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @BWDev and what about my previous post? I edited it a lot during the weekend so you might’ve missed it.:rolleyes: I’m sorry for that. I just didn’t want to add a new post for each issue.

4. BWDev

BWDev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    #44 BWDev, Oct 14, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    @macplash @Capronissimo71 oh I have not noticed your posts, my bad :/

@Capronissimo71 yes, it seems like iaps will work after the release, but some of them will be reworked anyway :)

@macplash there is a lot of feedback, this time I hope i won't miss anything :D
    Power-ups upgrades in most of cases extend the duration of the buff, on fire ball there is also bigger explosion radius. The drop rate doesn't change as I think it would be hard to balance. Agree that descriptions are needed and I have it on my todo list - but don't know if I can handle it before the release, there is a still a lot of other things waiting to be done :/
    [Edit:]
    On higher levels power-ups such as Multi ball or Link, have more balls, Laser gets additional rays.

Sector B level 17 - I'll take a closer look on it :D

While in thunder power-up paddle speed is dictated by the graphic design, plasma beam with normal speed would be overpowered - it'd allow to wipe whole level in 2 secs. But I noted it and I'll try to adjust those params.

Yes, this is exactly how it will work - dice roll stays and it will multiply by x2, x3 or x5 without the need of watching an ad. Precisely its name will change to credits multiplier :)
    [​IMG]

5. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    It’s not always out of the table completely. Sometimes it’s weirdly stuck in the crease on the side like recorded in the video below. Hope it’s fixable because it kinda sucks to have to quit the winning streak during challenge mode. Happened to me like 3-4 times already, always during the challenge.

6. BWDev

BWDev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    #46 BWDev, Oct 19, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    @macplash thanks! I'm aware of this glitch and I'm working on it :) So far I fixed an issue with the bricks out of table - now they are immediately destroyed. There will be version 1.0.2 available in next week - hopefully it will fix this issue for good :D Until this time you can try to bump the ball with a really hard hit - it should reach such placed brick :D

[Edit]
    @macplash btw, could you tell me please what is your average winning streak? I'm adjusting difficulty and credits rewards in challenge mode.

7. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @BWDev I didn’t play too many games to be comfortable to estimate my average, but from approximately 10+ attempts I’d park that somewhere around 16-17 I guess. My overall best is 24. Usually I’m able to make it to 20. With fully upgraded paddle that gives me extra life, ball with a chance of nuke and all power-ups unlocked.

That reminds me. How realistic is an achievement for 50 winning streak?;)

8. BWDev

BWDev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    @macplash thanks for the info! Recently I made it slightly more difficult, but in other hand there is an extra ball for energy and lucky save.
    In return there are higher rewards for winstreak, streak of 15 gives a total of 2,2k credits.

It is theoretically possible, as there is the ball speed cap. I didn't get it though :D

9. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #49 macplash, Oct 20, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    @BWDev well, if you’re convinced it’s necessary...
    Aside from extra ball (life) by collecting energy and introduction of lucky save, you still can’t have more than 3 lives, right? Sometimes I can go through 17-18 levels without losing a single life, than being met with a difficult level with red striped bricks and I can lose all lives in a blink of an eye in there. So these additions won’t be of any help in such scenario. I don’t know what increase of difficulty means in this case, but if it’s faster ball, the failing in these levels will be inevitable.

Well, I’m looking forward to try the new version 1.0.2 to see all the changes. Do you have a patch notes to see what’s been fixed, changed, added and whatnot?

EDIT: oh, and a BUG REPORT: I’m stuck at daily challenge (day 3) basically since the beginning. It’s either day 3 issue or “survive any paddle imparing effect” completion problem.

10. BWDev

BWDev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    #50 BWDev, Oct 20, 2019
    @macplash I'm still testing the difficulty, the changes are small, I think I'm close to getting a fair difficulty balance :) The change in difficulty consists in slightly increasing the speed(~2% more than now) after each level and it's not noticeable on first levels.
    There is no limit of lives you can have (max 10 are displayed), you can get an extra life by:
    - power-up drop
    - for each 10.000 points
    in 1.0.2 additionally:
    - for charging full energy bar
    - lucky save (it works only once when there are no balls left).
    - extra life paddle perk is removed (replaced by increased lucky save%) as it is not very useful in challenge mode and it is overpowered in normal mode:)
    I'm also considering another extra life as a reward for surviving insane speed debuff.

Sure :) but its not completed yet, most of the improvements are done thanks to your feedback - thanks!

Code:
    v 1.0.2
    General changes:
    - Introduced Lucky save feature.
    - Energy Doubler IAP is replaced by Unlimited Energy IAP.
    - Credits Doubler IAP is replaced by Credits Multiplier IAP.
    - A ball and powerup purchase confirmation popups has been added.
    - Quick purchase buttons added for non-consumable iaps (credits multiplier, no ads, unlimited energy).
    - Next winstreak bonus is visible in the level summary of the challenge mode.

Balance and economy:
    - Boosters prices are decreased: tier 1 300c, tier 2: 400c tier 3: 600c
    - Revive token price is decreased to 450c.
    - Paddle perk "Start with an extra life" is replaced by "Increased chance of Lucky Save". Paddle price is decreased.
    - After fully charging of the energy bar Player recieves an extra life.
    - Bad luck drop rate and debuff time are decreased.
    - Global bonus interval is increased to 5-9 minutes.
    - Hurry up time is increased by 10s to 60s.
    - Hurry up ball speed change is decreased.
    - Auto paddle power-up changed to neutral.
    - Level 17(sector B): added exploding bricks and swapped with level 20a(sector B).
    - Challenge mode winstreak rewards increased.
    - Challenge mode difficulty slightly increased.
    - Slightly increased paddle speed during buffs: "Thunder", "Spray", "Plasma beam"

Bug fixes:
    - Fixed bug causing the revive not to be recived arter watching an ad.
    - Incorrect reporting of bricks smashed achievements fixed.
    - Added protection against camera reset after entering the map.
    - Additional protection preventing bricks falling out of the table.
    - Additional anti-stuck bricks protection (needs testing).
    - Fixed incorrect energy consumption during starting or restarting already completed levels.
    - Fixed an issue that prevented players from restarting a completed level when the player had 0 energy.
    - Fixed acheviements testing: "power-up", "power-up collector", "the end has come"
    Thanks, I'll take a look on it!

Edit: change log update.

11. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    great.. nevermind that’s the 1st and only paddle I unlocked and fully upgraded so far.. cost me like 50.000 coins overall.. :mad:

anyway, thanks for the patch notes.. I’ll go through them later

12. BWDev

BWDev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    It is still a good paddle, fully upgraded gives a 85% chance for lucky save, its almost like an extra ball :)

13. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @BWDev wait a minute. So you’re saying the extra life perk works only once now? In version 1.0.0. I was under impression it applies to every single round during the challenge mode. The same like buying booster with additional ball. If it’s a one time thing, that makes sense. And, simultaneously, is kinda disappointing. What about other paddles and their perks? Are those one time thing as well? Under these circumstances I need to rethink my overall strategy for challenge mode then.:eek:

14. BWDev

BWDev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    #54 BWDev, Oct 20, 2019
    @macplash Oh the assumption was it should work only at the beginning of the challenge mode, if it was working once each level it was a bug I was not aware of. In that case this paddle was so OP :D In normal mode it was intended to work for every level and agree that made boosters kinda obsolete. There is no such problem with the other paddles, they have their perks active all time (i.e paddle size, increased multiplier time or any procs). I think the proc-based ones might be the most useful for challenge mode, or increased multiplier + energy ball as a combo for score maxing (and extra lives for score).

[Edit] I've checked it and if I'm not wrong it seems the perk was working only at start of the challenge (+1 extra ball). But in challenge mode lives don't reset after each rund, its one pool for the whole game.

15. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
  16. BWDev

BWDev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    @mj132 Thanks! It's not too late, all testers are welcomed :) I sent you an invitation.

17. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #57 macplash, Oct 20, 2019
    @BWDev I didn’t say it was working like that each level. I said I was hoping it would. Obviously, it’d be too OP if you think about it. I agree. I wasn’t paying too much attention to it. Anyway, it’s good to know how it suppose to work and in the meantime that it’s working correctly. Still, I’m gonna choose different paddle then.;)

I also glimpsed through that change log and I have to say I’m impressed. The amount of improvements and fixes you’ve done in such short notice. Wow! What an exemplar developer. Listening to feedback, implementing suggestions. Seriously, so impressive! Thank you for that.:)

EDIT: btw, why is Credits Doubler IAP replaced by Credits Multiplier IAP? This wasn’t necessary, was it? We’ve been talking about removing ads IAP and its impact on getting free dice roll after each stage. It had nothing to do with credits doubler, so why the change? Or is removing ads IAP part of Credits Multiplier IAP now? That’s the only way it makes sense to me. Because if there’s separate remove ads IAP on top of it, it’s exactly what I was pointing out that shouldn’t be happening. So, can you clarify?

18. BWDev

BWDev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    #58 BWDev, Oct 20, 2019
    @macplash Oh ok, I misunderstood that extra ball thing :) As for changes - thanks! I'm doing what I can to improve this game, and your feedback is very valuable for me :)

In previous version the credits dubler was seperated from credits ad-roll-multiplier, so the player could have credits multiplied x2 by iap, then watch an ad to get a total bonus of 10x (in case of roll x5). I think it could be strong handicap. And now, when it is possible to get credits multiplied every time (no-ad dice roll), additional x2 would be probably too much, and it could affect the whole economy balance. So old credits dubler is removed / replaced by working every time credits multiplier (roll without the need of watching an rewarded ad).

Although I'm not convinced to the credits dubler, I'm open for any suggestions in this matter, if there would be an interest in such iap, i.e. as non-consumable alternative to credits packs, I'm ready to bring it back to in the game.

"Remove ads" IAP removes only interstitial ads between levels (it doesn't affect rewarded ads). There are hardly any interstitial ads in current version, but it will probably change until the release.

Edit: typos

19. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #59 macplash, Oct 20, 2019
    @BWDev the most plausible scenario for me (and something that works in other games too) would be this:

Remove ads IAP
    which already contains functionality of Credits Multiplier IAP. That means no ads - interstitial or optional. Because right now even though I buy Remove ads IAP, there’s still a ton of optional ads and thus feels pointless (from the customer’s point of view).

Unlimited Energy IAP would be the 2nd one. Optional, but important. A no-brainer for those like me whom do not want to be limited from playing whenever they want.

Credits Doubler IAP would be an option for those who have to have everything right away. It would double everything. To be able to buy all the paddles, balls, power-ups, boosters and upgrade them with less effort. I wouldn’t worry about ruining the economy balance. Everyone gets there eventually. This just speeds up the journey for those inpatient ones. I personally wouldn’t go for it in sense of buying. If it was up to me I wouldn’t include this one at all.

I don’t mention Revives anywhere because those are consumables, and from what I’ve experienced so far, totally unnecessary. I see no point buying those for real money. With rewards and earnings at this point, they could be as easily removed from the shop. But it’s up to you. They could stay, or not. These are really no concern for me.

To be possible to make the game fully premium, which is something we discussed in the beginning and you said is your goal as well, the amount of in app purchases needs to be limited. Remove ads + Credits Multiplier + Unlimited Energy (and possibly Credits Doubler) is a lot. What I propose is to either combine Remove ads and Credits Multiplier as a single IAP or even better, to put all those 3 (respectively 4) under a single IAP as a PREMIUM pack for discounted price (in comparison to all the IAPs combined). That’s what I’d go for in a heartbeat.

Last but not least. Speaking about discounts. I understand this is a free 2 play game with optional IAP right now. If you’d consider that “better-priced” Premium pack, what I really like and what I think a lot of potential customers would appreciate and go for is a special, introductory price on top of that. For early adopters. Launch sale if you will. Could be 10% or 20%, could last just for a day, a couple of days maybe. Doesn’t matter tbh. Just having something like that would count. One way or another, it’d be a nice gesture. Think about it, will you?

20. BWDev

BWDev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    @macplash Thanks for the comprehensive message! I'm constantly thinking about the monetization and I much appreciate your opinion - it helps me a lot.
    I will try to answer in points:

1. Revive is the hardest part to make premium, as I can't make unlimited lives :) The only thing I can do with it is adjusting its price in credits. So i guess it will stay in its current form with consumables as an addition.

2. No Ads and Credits Multiplier - it's a matter of discuss if it should be a single, more expensive iap or two cheaper ones. In my opinion making them separate gives a customer more choice, and as I saw in other games it is a common practice. Additionally those 2 combined may be confusing for players as revive for ad will still stay. Ofc I might be wrong at this point :D. Anyway this change doesn't require much work and I'll think about it for sure.

3. Credits Doubler - thanks, I was curious how players see it. I'll leave this one open for now :)

4. Totally agree about Premium pack, and I have been thinking about it too for a long time. I'd like to offer all non-consumable iaps as single bundle with better price than separate purchases. Exactly as you said. There is some work with in-game appearance needed, but I hope I can handle this before the release.

5. Both App Store Launch sale and in-game special/welcome offer are a great ideas! Same as above it requires some additional work and I just need to think how to do it right :)

At the moment I'm focusing on v1.0.2, my priority is to have a fairly balanced version without major bugs, then I'll start working on iaps, bundles, prices, and special offers. There is not much time left, but I hope everything will be ready for the release :)