Universal [Beta][Pre-Order/Nov 13] Micro Breaker - 3d bricks smasher

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BWDev, Sep 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BWDev

BWDev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    I think I'll leave it unchanged. Infinite energy iap will just set energy counter to constant 99. It' would be interesting to add any sort of another reward for this bar, but at the moment I have no idea what could it be :)

2. BWDev

BWDev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    @macplash hmm you gave mi idea of adding an extra life as an additional reward :) As it doesn't charge often, it should not make the game too easy. Instead it will lower a difficulty a little bit. I'm going to test it, thanks! :)

macplash likes this.
  3. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @BWDev

BUG REPORT:

1. sometimes when I watch an ad to be revived, I still end up with “game over” screen instead of continue. Now imagine how angry this makes me considering my attitude on ads in games in general. This happens 1 out of 3 attempts. I’d say it’s 50:50, but I’m not 100% sure.

2. when back in level selection screen, a lot of times camera drops to the bottom of the sector even though I’m currently somewhere near the final boss. I suspect it to happen by touching the screen before animation is over

3. on Game Center I’m already awarded with an achievement for smashing 50.000 bricks thus far being Rank 5 when in reality (judging by in-game status) I’m only halfway there with approximately 25.000 bricks smashed and being Rank 4

——————

Just out of curiosity, who’s the superhuman dominating the Challenge leaderboards on Game Center with 15.000+ score? Because I just got 20+ win streak and scored barely half of that. But it’s ok. I just bought the ball with a chance of nuke on impact and paddle with increased multiplier time, so let me try again :p

[​IMG]

4. BWDev

BWDev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    @macplash Thank you so much for pointing bugs! I was not aware about 1 and 3, and 1 looks like a critical one. Could you tell me if it happened in normal or challenge mode (or both?).

Unfortunately it wasn't me :) But to be honest I have to check if that score wasn't done in test mode.
    20+ win streak after a few days of playing is so impressive! Do you have upgraded power-ups? Given that the game has a pool of 130 levels I have to seriously think about raising challenge difficulty level ;)

5. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #25 macplash, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    @BWDev the bug with ads happens in both, challenge and normal modes. First I thought it might be some sort of connection issue, but it's definitely not the case. To be clear, the ads are always playing correctly, but when they're over and I tap X and close them, I still end up with "game over" screen instead of revive and continue 1 out of 3 (maybe 2) cases.

I wouldn't increase the difficulty if it was up to me. So far it feels very reasonable. There are difficult stages from time to time. But it doesn't want me to rage quit or anything. It's very balanced at the moment. In Normal mode I just finished Sector B, so I'm halfway through it and I'm playing a lot. But I'm far from 3 starring each stage actually. Currently I'm 80 out of 105 in both. I expect second half of Normal mode to be (much) more difficult, so making it harder might not be the right move.

If you're talking about raising difficulty in Challenge mode, it's probably the same case. 21 win streak is my best attempt. I didn't make it through very first level once, so yeah. It's a gamble. I wouldn't make assumptions about "low" difficulty just because of one successful run ;)

Some of my power-ups are level 2. A lot is still locked. I'm watching ads to increase rewards only when I got perfect dice roll and coins are quintupled (btw, in this case, ads works every single time, so the problem I described is only bound to revives). Also I bought a paddle and the ball I'm expecting to be the most helpful. So, still a long way ahead.

6. BWDev

BWDev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    #26 BWDev, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    Thanks! The information about ads with revives and credits multipliers is important and it will let me narrow my search.

Also thank you for your opinion regarding the difficulty. After all this time i spent on development and playing the game, it is hard for me to find the right point :)
    I'd see a normal mode as the one intended for casual players mostly, with the challenge mode directed to more hardcore players, as end-game, where all unlocks and upgrades matter. In fact it might be even that a normal mode becomes easier with more and more perks unlocked, but I think its ok, as it helps to collect missing stars.
    In challenge mode ball speed is increased a little bit after every completed level, it might be not noticeable ,but after a long win-streak it makes a difference. I'd wish to make this part of the game very competitive, but you are right I should be careful not to spoil the fun with too high difficulty.

Thanks again, I have noted everything and I'm going back to development! :)

7. Ashmor

Ashmor New Member

Oct 7, 2019
    Male
    Hi there. I created an account just to tell you that the game you've created is totally awesome. Can't wait to play it on my phone. Could I ask, how long did it take you to create such a masterpiece? :)

8. BWDev

BWDev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    @Ashmor Many thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you like it.
    I started making Micro Breaker a few years ago, but it was not a full time job, as I had to divide time between several projects. Also I didn't want to rush with this game :)

9. Ashmor

Ashmor New Member

Oct 7, 2019
    Male
    Btw, is this game for iOS only? Are you going to make an Android version?

10. BWDev

BWDev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    Yes, there will be the Android version ~4 months after iOS release.

11. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #31 macplash, Oct 10, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    @BWDev I’ve been scrolling through my purchased games lately, literally thousands of them I collected over many years looking for something and I came across Grey Cubes (iOS, Steam) remembering being one of my favorite brick smashers back in the days. So I decided to give it a go.

Well, I just wanted to say it has nothing on your game. Not a thing whatsoever. Yours is superior in every possible way. Right, slightly curved paddle is a nice idea but since it’s possible to move it left and right only, its shape is understandable and probably even necessary. So, Micro Breaker FTW. That’s all I wanted to say. :cool:

How’s it going? Did you get any new beta testers to share their thoughts with us? Or is it just me praising the game every possible occasion and throwing superlatives about it around? ;)

12. BWDev

BWDev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    #32 BWDev, Oct 10, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    @macplash thanks! :) I saw Grey Cubes, I very like design and mood of this game. As I remember it has calm/restful gameplay pace, while I was trying to achieve more fast-arcade feeling :) Also I was prototyping the curved paddle but I've decided to stick with a traditional capsule shape, both shapes have their pros and cons.

As for beta tests, unfortunately I don't have many beta testers right now :/ yet still got a lot of feedback :)
    Atm I'm implementing fixes and still doing some balance work, mostly thanks to suggestions. I hope the new build should be ready in days :)

13. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @BWDev ok, riddle me this. The more I play the more I’m wondering.. how come is the auto paddle being considered as a positive power-up?

It ignores dust which means it significantly ruins my chances for the 2nd star and it ignores blue power-ups which means no 3rd star either (if I miss even one of the falling blue ones)

it just focuses on the ball, which is in no way helpful. Did you consider the option making it red power-up instead? It’d be well deserved.

btw, congrats on PG article ;)

14. BWDev

BWDev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    @macplash well, I have to admit that auto-paddle was one of the first power-ups implemented in the game. It was time when there were no energy dust nor star requirements. So yea it surely deserves some rework now :D I don't know if I manage to improve it's usability before the release, if no, I'll mark it as a negative or at least neutral. Thanks for pointing out this issue! :)
    Also thanks for the info on PG article! :)

15. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @BWDev BUG REPORT

This is interesting. If I remember correctly, I can replay previously finished stage without needing energy, am I right?

Let’s assume I am. So, I’m playing previously finished stage cause I’m missing one star. It’s the one full of red stripe bricks than bounce your ball real hard and I hate them.;) Cause it’s almost unplayable when these bricks are too close to the paddle, I’m obviously failing within seconds. Usually when there’s “try again” button, there’s also a number of energy required. But since I’m playing previously finished stage, there’s no energy sign, no number.

After like 15 attempts instead of being offered to “try again” I’m being send to level selection menu just to find out I’m completely out of energy. I started with 30 energy, I remember the stage required 2 energy, so 15 attempts sounds about right. Funny thing is, despite being out of energy, I can still play the stage if starting it from the level selection menu. When I lose the ball (and am out of energy), no “try again” option, just being send back to menu. And again. I can play, just not to “try again”. I highly doubt it’s by design. Hence, must be a bug.

tl;dr The game depletes energy on previously finished stages even though it shouldn’t have. Without any warning.

16. BWDev

BWDev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    @macplash much thanks! Yep it is not intended to work this way :D It will be fixed in the next build. Btw, have you made 15 attempts on one level and didn't throw this game away? ;) Could you tell me what level it was? I'll try to tune it, or I'll move it to last sector :) Also I've just finished implementing new feature "lucky save" - 25% chance for staying in the game after losing the ball. I hope it will help a little bit in such levels :)

17. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    I’d like to know, if I buy something in the store in this beta version, can i restore the purchases in the official version?

18. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @BWDev oh, I’m very persistent if I want something. I wanted to 3-star that stage and I eventually did. I don’t remember exactly which one. I think Sector C - stage 8. I’m not sure. Basically any stage with red stripes bricks that boost bounce the ball on impact. The closer to paddle the more difficult. I wouldn’t adjust it probably though. It’s challenging, true, but eventually it’s doable. And that counts. Of course it sucks I’m running out of energy at the moment, but in my mind I’m already a month in the future and enjoying the game without any ads and energy whatsoever. :D Otherwise I’d went nuts already.:D

As a suggestion, right now I have no idea what upgrading does to my power-ups. What is the difference between e.g. Powerball lvl 1 and 3? It costs 3600 and 6400 to upgrade so I’d like to know what I’m getting in return. Some description would be nice. Is it longer duration or more frequent appearance? Right now I don’t know. If it’s the same for every power-up maybe some mention in shop or help menu would be nice. If it’s specific for each power-up, it might be trickier. Dunno if there’s enough space for description next to each one. But as I said, just a suggestion. It’s always more satisfying to know what I’m spending my hard earned coins on, right?;)

@Capronissimo71 IAPs doesn’t work in beta using TestFlight. It just says it’ll be available once the app is released if you try. Unfortunately we have to wait. Whole excruciating month.

19. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #39 macplash, Oct 12, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    @BWDev

WHINE
    : it’s official. Sector B - Level 17 - THE WORST LEVEL IN THE GAME! It’s impossible to get the 1st star for finishing it in time.. I tried hundred times.. and no, it’s not exaggeration.. a hundred times.. I bought every booster available to get an edge.. I got all 51 power-ups unlocked.. it’s impossible.. unless the “skip level” power-up is dropped, which didn’t happen for me, not a single time out of this hundred attempts.

SUGGESTION: with Thunder power-up, is there any reason for the major slowdown of the paddle while lightning strikes? It’s an amazing power-up, but slowing down the paddle usually means game over, because it’s impossible to react. it’s actually the same case for a few other powerful power-ups like plasma beam. Is it by design or can it be adjusted? At least slightly.

RANT: when everything falls into order: 1K power-up combined with perfect dice roll.. such a pleasure.. too bad it’s so rare ;) btw, that reminds me. With remove ads IAP purchased, this dice roll after each level still be there, right? I just won’t have to watch an ad to get it. RIGHT? Because you mentioned previously something about doubling the rewards automatically, but that would mean losing potential quintuple rewards which could be a dealbreaker. So? Can you explicate that?

[​IMG]

I should stop editing this post.. it’s getting ridiculous.:D

20. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    @Capronissimo71IAPs doesn’t work in beta using TestFlight. It just says it’ll be available once the app is released if you try. Unfortunately we have to wait. Whole excruciating month.

Thanks!