Universal [Beta] Oraia Rift: Action/Adventure game with Zelda like puzzles

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TheRoyalQuest, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    #161 dbagga84, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
    Ok so I've spent a little time so far maybe about 45 mins or so I got the key supposed to imbue some powers into it. Anyways the movement feels a little I dunno not natural like a little stiff, I guess . Sometimes s I'm running whether to a new area or back tracking my guy just stops like there's a wall when there's not so I gotta move around a bit to "find a way through" this happens more often going through archways or anytime the ground looks like there's a step up or down (but normal stairs seem fine) maybe I'll go back in and post a pic of what I'm talking about haha. Maybe it'll also show this line that's under the character and comes out almost like a V shape but it's not a black line it's kinda of just the color of the ground but you can see it. I know it's a beta so if it's not part of the game I'm sure it'll get smoothed out. I think just above the attack button should be a separate roll button perhaps just make it see through for the people it bothers or have an option for it , during battle I roll a lot in stead of attack and that gets old quick. Lol. Fighting is fun but the pause after casting a spell is a nuisance it's not that it makes fighting harder it's just annoying you should be able to cast and go since while casting you can get hit but there's no way to defend yourself from that, depending on how monsters you're fighting you can easily take 3-6 hits or so before even getting to move again after a spell. If you want to balance it out then just make it impossible to do damage to the creature knocked down until the creature stands back up or something. I'll post more as I think of it I got a lot of distractions going on around me lol.

I tried adding my pic as an example of where I encounter the invisible walls while running but TA won't let me, there's an error once it's uploaded .. Blah!

2. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Did you try the email address that sent you the beta invite? Plus mention about the above post in the body. That is the best way to let the developer see the issue. Although there have been numerous movement issues but all have been attributed to one item as mentioned a few pages back.

3. TheRoyalQuest

TheRoyalQuest Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 3, 2014
    Game developer
    Kuwait
    Hi

I'll check tommorow

Please send the picture as attachment via email.

Regarding when you cast a spell, all monsters will be knocked down, there's a camera cut scene that's why your hero is uncontrolabe, once camera focus is back on the hero you may control it back, but anyways make sure monsters near by and knock them down with the spell ;)

Great for you spending time on the beta, thanks.

4. TheRoyalQuest

Patreon Indie

Mar 3, 2014
    Game developer
    Kuwait
    Roll in battle

I will go ahead and disable "Roll" during combat.

Everyone facing issues in combat with it, specially that's critical time.

5. TheRoyalQuest

Patreon Indie

Mar 3, 2014
    Game developer
    Kuwait
    Build 13 is out

It contains the requested "Roll" fix, "Roll" now only works out of combat mode.

6. q8phantom

q8phantom Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait
    To fix the complains about the spell cut scene, now you are able to attack while there's a short spell cut scene. ;) It'll be available in build 14

Also, I'm smoothing out the movement in SkyFang cave and SkyFang level in general.

7. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    Sounds great, I will play more this week-end, will have some free time at last.

8. TheRoyalQuest

Patreon Indie

Mar 3, 2014
    Game developer
    Kuwait
    Build 14 is out

9. q8phantom

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait
    Build 15 and 16

Two builds have been pushed today

Build 15:
    * Fix on how combat start
    * Boss battles now do not repeat (Once your done, the boss won't appear again)
    * Monsters now cast spells a bit more often
    * Fix for weapon (Specially upgrade 3, sometimes the effects appear when not attacking)

Build 16:
    * Animation fixes
    * Minor movement fixes
    * Minor music updates

10. q8phantom

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait
    Roll options in menu

For everyone who asked for ability to disable "Roll", it's now in the menu.

I have added 3 options

1- Always on (Roll available in both, combat and exploration)
    2- Off in combat (Roll available for exploration, but automatically disabled in combat)
    3- Always off (Roll is always off, in any case, if you really dislike it)

11. TheRoyalQuest

Patreon Indie

Mar 3, 2014
    Game developer
    Kuwait
    Build 18

in Build 18 I added graphical buttons on top of spells for MFi controller users in build 18, here is a screenshot of it (They only appear if you have the controller connected)

[​IMG]

12. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Nice!

For MFI controllers, is the attack done with the right stick?

13. TheRoyalQuest

Patreon Indie

Mar 3, 2014
    Game developer
    Kuwait
    Wizard Mike

Right stick is used to control camera, rotation and zoom level.

To use the action button (Attack, Roll ... etc) you may use any of the right of left triggers (R1,R2,L1 or L2)

I was first going to assign the triggers to the spells, but not everyone have 4 triggers, some have only 2 (Basic controller)

So now basic controllers support all features except camera control, while the full MFi controller support camera control using the right stick.

Let me know your input, let's keep in mind the basic controllers owners ;)

14. Wizard_Mike

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Ah, that sounds good. I like it!

I don't know how difficult it would be, but perhaps you could add in an option for players to reassign the buttons.

For example, list Action, Spell 1, Spell 2, etc. and players can select a spell/action on the list and press the button they wish it to be assigned to.

Or another way, list all of the available buttons in the options and let players choose which spell/action is assigned to each one.

I have no idea if that's workable, or how difficult it would be to implement, but I bet players would like the freedom to rearrange their abilities like that.

I wouldn't say this is something that is needed, because the setup you have now sounds perfectly fine. This is just a "quality of life" suggestion. Just something to consider if it's easy and you have the extra time for it.

15. paperjack

paperjack Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Looks awesome !

16. q8phantom

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait
    Hi Wizard Mika again!

I may add it in the future, let's see if lots of request come for it, it'll take some time to develop, that's for sure.

Check the link for a short video about the latest MFi:

https://twitter.com/compassgames/status/638140942864642048

17. Wizard_Mike

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Yeah, definitely don't bother if it takes that much time.

I tried the link, but all I can see is a picture. Probably because I don't have a Twitter account. I guess I'll have to finally start one! Hehe.

18. TheRoyalQuest

Patreon Indie

Mar 3, 2014
    Game developer
    Kuwait
    Hi Wizard Mike

Maybe Instagram will work for you! Though you must create a twitter, I guess it's the best social network for me personally.

Here is Instagram URL:
    https://instagram.com/p/7BuTXwNB8Q/?taken-by=a_shbli

19. q8phantom

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait
    Oraia Rift to the App Store

Hello everyone!

Thank you a lot for the feedback, Oraia Rift is now submitted to the App Store finally, thank you everyone for your feedbacks!

I will stop the beta requests today or tommorow (once I get some free time)

Thought the people who have the beta can still write their feedback here, or send bugs (if any remaining) to my email.

What I'll do then is work on them (if applicable) and send them to the App Store as an update once the game is released ;)

20. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    You have a nice experience on the AppStore, all the best in terms of sale so you can continue to do this for a long time to come. :)