(BETA) Mecha Royale Online

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by IllogicalGames, May 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IllogicalGames

IllogicalGames Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Cooper04 likes this.
  2. Zakki azmi

Zakki azmi New Member

Aug 24, 2018
    Male
  3. Zakki azmi

Zakki azmi New Member

Aug 24, 2018
    Male
    Oke
    give me e test [email protected]

4. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    i'm in too [email protected]

5. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    Hi guys,
    Thanks for signing up. i've added your emails to our next queue.

6. Samuraii

Samuraii New Member

Aug 27, 2018
    Male
  7. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    added to our list

8. Stephan0711

Stephan0711 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
  9. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    added to our list. thank you!

10. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    #90 IllogicalGames, Sep 20, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    NEED HELP with Apple!

this is going to be a long text.

Hi guys! thank you for those who participated in the closed beta. (Although not everyone gets to play the beta yet). im hitting a roadblock here. i have no where to go, im also dont know what else to do. im having an issue with apple reviewer. let me tell you whats been going on with "Mecha Royale Online". we have been rejected over and over again since our first submission on June 8. (we planned to submit the game first and make it available for preorder until the release date). but that seemed to be impossible.

what if i told you that "Mecha royale online" gets rejected because of copycating "Mecha Royale Online". yeah you heard me right. we are accused of copycating our own game. how did it get here? we also dont know. if anyone here knows someone who works at apple could share how the SOP works would be great. right now im assuming new guy gets assigned to an app everytime the app gets reviewed.

It starts with our first submission on June 8. as usual we gets nervous everytime we submit a game to apple because we dont know whether or not the app gets approved and sometime it gets rejected over a random issue. this time it hits Mecha Royale online.

first submission we get rejected over a name "Terminator" in one of the character in MRO. the accusation? the name Terminator resembles the Terminator movie. we had to explain that the name terminator is too generic, we didnt realize that because we chose the name terminator because it means "to terminate" and its logical because that players terminate each other in MRO. we appeal for the submission this time. we didnt know at that time this name will bring us so many trouble in the future.

the appeal got rejected, we feel frustrated. knowing we couldnt change his mind, we changed the name "Terminator" to "The plague". after making sure everything is right, we submit again. except it got rejected again, for the name "Mecha royale online". he said that the name leverages battle royale.

we have backed down before over the character name. it was ok because the character is in the game. no one knows about the character yet until the game is played. but game title? no we couldnt change that. we have used the name for everything now. we promote the name "Mecha Royale Online" everywhere. we couldnt change that. we appeal.

we had to explain how we got the name. this is exactly what we told them:

regardless of what we explained, the game got rejected. next we tried appeal again. it gets rejected again. this time, we gets a 1 week review time and gets denied expedited review. yes, it took 1 week for apple to reply us.

we tried appeal again for the third time. this time we notice something strange. read this carefully. its important.

this time we knew the reviewer got confused with why mecha royale online gets rejected in the first place. this time this person thinks the first rejection is because we copied terminator without even look at the game first, even though we have changed the "Terminator" name.

knowing whats happening, we appeal again, this time explain everything from the terminator rejection and the confusion after that.

guess what? rejected again. knowing we're fighting an uphill battle we couldnt won, we agreed to change the game to "MekaRoyale Online". Mad, frustrated, we submit the new binary. only to get rejected again.

this time they ask to change the metadata containing "Battle royale" in our description and video. despite we've explained how the game is battle royale. too tired to fight, we change everything in the metadata according to what they wanted. As i told earlier, because of too many appeals, review times get dragged over a week.

Only to get rejected again,

This time, we got rejected because MekaRoyale Online looks alot like Mecha Royale Online! we got accused of copycating our own game. how is that?

just like we said, one person rejects, the case is passed to another person, and get tossed to another. until the last guy didnt even know why the game was rejected in the first place. and now the last guy tries to being smart and googled "Mecha Royale Online". And "Hey! mekaroyale online" looks exactly like "Mecha royale online", this game must be a copycat. i gotta reject this."

can anyone here help me? what to do in this situation if even appeal cant help you. is this the treatment we get as a small indie developer?

Cooper04 likes this.
  11. Cooper04

Cooper04 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Stock car driver/RC car hobbyist
    Texas
    Wow, Apple is really rude. One possibility would be to rename it and explain to your fans on your social media accounts why it was changed.

12. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    hey Cooper, thanks for your support!
    we have renamed "Mecha Royale Online" to "MekaRoyale Online". its no longer a "generic" name now.

since the name is no longer an issue, they're creating an issue by accusing MRO "copycating" itself.

Cooper04 likes this.
  13. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Wow, that makes no sense. There's so many mobile copycats that flat out copy the two main battle royales and they don't care. An example would be the one called "creative destruction" it copies Fortnite a lot. But you make a actually unique game and they get mad. Apple is really weird. I wish you luck with Apple review though and hope they approve it.

14. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    yeah. its totally doesnt make any sense. its like they intentionally dont want us to release MekaRoyale online. i mean, how ridiculous is that accusation?
    appstore.jpg

Cooper04 likes this.
  15. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    That's really stupid, You would expect more from apple. Why don't you try contacting a apple employee outside of the approval messages and tell them what's happening. Maybe the tech support will be more polite.

16. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    i dont know the number. and i dont find it anywhere in the app review section of the appstore. would be great if anyone from this forum knows anything to solve this issue. particularly maybe reporting the reviewer who reviewed MRO. clearly this was intentional.

17. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Somewhere on the Apple website you should be able to. Ill try to find it for you.

18. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    800-692-7753 this is supposed to be their support number. I just searched apple support number and this is it.

19. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    thanks! the reviewer just replied. he will call me within 3-5 business days.

Cooper04 likes this.
  20. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Glad to hear! :)