Universal (BETA) Immortal Rogue- Hack n Slash your way through the ages

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foolish Mortal, Jan 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erpiotta5

Erpiotta5 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Release date?you think the game can be out at the end of Jenuary???

2. Foolish Mortal

Foolish Mortal Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2017
    Definitely. The errors found won't take more than a few days to work out. The challenge is going to be securing some kind of featuring on the app store.

I may have to hold it back a little longer until I cam arrange that. Tbh, getting featured makes or breaks games like this

Legion180 and Erpiotta5 like this.
  3. Erpiotta5

Jun 27, 2012
    Nice we stay tuned here on toucharcade, good work

4. Hector Ruiz

Hector Ruiz Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Male
    How do I send a PM :(

5. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Tap on Foolish Mortal name then tap on Start a conversation. :)

6. Erpiotta5

Jun 27, 2012
    NEWS??ios release this week????

7. Foolish Mortal

Apr 22, 2017
    Almost! I took some time to talk to publishers and understand the different launch options available. The release is coming very soon- will have an update this week.

stubbieoz and Erpiotta5 like this.
  8. Foolish Mortal

Apr 22, 2017
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your patience and feedback! The official release date is Feb 6th (iOS and Android). If you'd like to pre-order, it's available on the app store here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/immortal-rogue/id1448086604

In addition to performance improvements and smashed bugs, the launch version will also have a few features that the public beta didn't get to play with yet:
    -New environmental hazards in every era that can deal elemental damage to you and your enemies
    -More challenging late-game tuning
    -More varied attack patterns for the stronger vampiric enemies

AltsKev and Erpiotta5 like this.
  9. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Psyched to hear this is launching next week......congrats and good luck!

I assume yes, but couldn't tell from the screenshots in the app store..... will this be optimized for the X/XS?

Erpiotta5 likes this.
  10. Foolish Mortal

Apr 22, 2017
    Yep! In no small part due to all the helpful testers who were using those devices.

Erpiotta5 likes this.
  11. Erpiotta5

Jun 27, 2012
    I have preorder it on iTunes Store ,can’t wait for play it,same question for me..the game is optimized for X/XS max?

12. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    yes i play beta on iphone X

13. Foolish Mortal

Apr 22, 2017
    Hi Everyone,

So unfortunately, I have been having a hard time getting working promo codes to give to reviewers and press outlets. I'm uncomfortable with only giving outlets a short amount of time to review the game, and will be pushing the release date waaay back to Feb 20. I would do the 14th, but this game isn't exactly valentines day material...

To make it up to you all, I'm discounting all preorders by 20% (so $3.99 USD). I looked into it for those of you who already pre-ordered: you'll only be charged the reduced price on launch day.

Sorry for jumping the gun there on you all, I'm excited to get this game out in the wild.

14. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    I'll pay the full $4.99 (or whatever the original price was) to play right now!!!

Erpiotta5 likes this.
  15. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Please tell me this is MFI ready. Games like this need controller support!

16. Jackaluk

Jul 3, 2015
    Shame, just saw it’s not. Likely not for me, even with great touch screen controls, it won’t come close to using a physical controller, they never do!

17. Foolish Mortal

Apr 22, 2017
    I'd actually agree with you that most of these types of games, especially the ones that adopt twin stick controls systems, feel much better when using a physical controller- most games that require 2 or more inputs at a time do. This game is built entirely around a one-touch control scheme that ideally still allows players to move rapidly and precisely with taps and swipes.

If you're really a fan of twin stick control schemes, then this game might still not be for you (no hard feelings here, I love a lot of that stuff too). Just wanted to clarify that Immortal is trying something different, and as such plays and feels a little different than some of the comparisons you may be making.

Erpiotta5 likes this.
  18. Jackaluk

Jul 3, 2015
    Appreciate your response. You may be right. I find tap and move games not so fun. Just does not feel as involving as he more finite control you get with a controller or those twin stick mechanics you mention. Still I won’t rule the game out at this point, and I certainly wish it well. I’ll happily spend money on indie premium titles!

Erpiotta5 likes this.
  19. Foolish Mortal

Apr 22, 2017
    Just thought I'd share some of the changes that came out of the beta while we're waiting for launch. One of the more fun ones was the addition of various environmental hazards in each timeline.
    They're designed to divide the battlefield and force players into choosing their engagement zones more carefully:
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Erpiotta5 and AltsKev like this.
  20. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    i was in the beta and i love the new content.

Really good job

Erpiotta5 likes this.