[BETA] Footy Ball: Pass Pass Soccer - The one-touch soccer game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Heroic Games Studio, Nov 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heroic Games Studio

Oct 19, 2017
    #1 Heroic Games Studio, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    UPDATE: release date 07 Dec

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Hello football (soccer) fans!
    Open beta has just begun, and we are looking for beta testers to try out our game and look for last-minute bugs. Any suggestions for future updates will also be welcome. Please post any comments and feedback here. I am a solo developer and this is my first game, so please go gentle!

[size=+1]Android:[/size]
    Opt-in/out by clicking this: Android Beta Test
    Beta versions will be automatically delivered to your Android device just as regular versions would be.

[size=+1]iOS:[/size]
    Submit your email address here: iOS Beta Test
    Beta versions will be delivered through the TestFlight app.

[size=+1]Description:[/size]
    Footy Ball: Pass Pass Soccer is a minimalistic auto-run football game for iOS and Android. You don't control the players but you do decide when to pass and shoot. Matches are stripped down to the basics so are quick and fast and ideal for mobile.

It takes its influence from the old Championship Manager and Sensible World of Soccer games in that you decide on the players and tactics, but you can also play matches.

[size=+1]Features:[/size]
    • - Auto-run players
    • - One-touch controls to kick, sprint and tackle.
    • - Chain passes to increase your combo and gain higher match bonuses.
    • - Improve the team by buying and selling players.
    • - Decide the formation and draw the player's runs in the tactics screen.
    • - 5 leagues in 4 different countries.

[size=+1]Controls:[/size]
    • - Swipe to kick and slide tackle.
    • - The length of the swipe controls the amount of power in the kick.
    • - Tap to sprint.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

How well you can pass, shoot, tackle, dribble, save, run etc all depends on how good your players are. So make sure you keep an eye out for decent players in the transfer list and make sure they play in the correct position. If you want to play more attacking, select a suitable formation and draw the runs in the tactic screen.

Currently it is only singleplayer (with multiplayer a possibility in the future), with four leagues (England, Spain, Germany and Italy). You start in the 5th tier league and work your way up. All teams, leagues and players are fictional.

Thanks for having a look!
    [size=+1]Heroic Games Studio[/size]

[size=+1]Trailer:[/size]

2. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I submitted to test, love football not crazy about many of the football offerings right now on app store, would love to try this one out! good luck with the game and I will be sure and give some feedback if chosen to test.

3. Heroic Games Studio

Oct 19, 2017
    Hi, thanks for your interest. I've added you to Testflight.

Yeah, it is a bit different to the other football games around which I hope is a good thing. Probably a bit more old school!

Cheers.

4. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Different but better than many others out there
    I absolutely love the camera angles and would’ve even mind if there were more it’s a cool difference in others I have played and it’s a damn good touch
    I have only played two games and some practice so I can’t say too much else other than the aesthetics
    Controls and all I need more time with to say what improvements could be made or if they need any
    Is the auto player speed based on that players stats?
    This appears to be a Free to play game since I see ads
    Any chance for a premium version or maybe this a free version with ads and a separate paid premium version
    This is the type of game I would like to see as a premium but I understand either way that’s your call.
    The tactics screen for drawing up runs rocks too!

5. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    One more thing only seeing England league is that correct for now. I read up above it said 4 leagues so wondering too if I just didn’t see that option
    For the finished product more leagues the merrier :)

6. Heroic Games Studio

Oct 19, 2017
    Yup, the auto player speed depends on the player's speed stat. Sprinting also depends on the player's speed stats, if their stat is too low they may not sprint at all, and in some cases they will actually slow down (it will say "Lazy").

Passing, dribbling, ball control etc are all based on their stats, so players with low stats are more likely to make bad passes, lose the ball when dribbling, can't control a loose ball etc...

Currently it will be free-to-play with ads only. Sorry! There are some in-app purchases to remove the ads (and also purchases for extra money and unlocking leagues so you don't have to start from the bottom league again).

There are four leagues, England, Spain, Germany and Italy. You can't change teams once you've started, so if you pick to start in England you only play against English teams (you can purchase players from foreign leagues in the Transfer List though). When you get promoted, you will unlock the new league and if you start a new game you can then choose a new team in the higher league.

Extra leagues will be added in future updates after it has been released. The French league will most likely be next.

Glad you are enjoying it! :D

7. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    French league would be the coolest thanks
    I would pay to remove the ads although I give it this they aren’t intrusive all the time ads and so that’s nice

8. ZAF<3

ZAF<3 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Signed up for testing! Please add me. Can't wait to try this one =)

9. Heroic Games Studio

Oct 19, 2017
    Yeah, there are only skippable ads after every match. :)

10. Heroic Games Studio

Oct 19, 2017
    Cheers! I've just added more people to the beta test. :)

11. Heroic Games Studio

Oct 19, 2017
    Many thanks to all the beta testers. Its now in submission with a release date on Thurs 07 Dec. :)