Universal (BETA) End of the Universe- build and blast your way into the beyond.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foolish Mortal, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Foolish Mortal

Foolish Mortal Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2017

End of the Universe is a challenging, fast-paced space shooter with rogue-like elements. Players rapidly build and break custom star fighters with every run, all while trying to survive existential horrors lurking at the edge of space.

Designed for short, energetic sessions with a one-touch control scheme. There are dozens of otherworldly weapons and skills to discover, 1000s of meaningfully different ship combinations to create, and hordes of enemies and environments to face down.

A branching narrative system guides players into the beyond and, the farther out you get, the more bizarre things will become.

Key Features:
    • 1000s of dynamically generated ships to unlock and upgrade.
    • Colorful, retro-styled pixel art
    • 70+ Game--changing skills and weapons to find and master.
    • 60+ enemy and boss variations to take down.
    • Challenging endgame with secrets to unlock.
    • Dozens of unique, mind-bending environments to discover.
    • Massive replayability with branching narrative choices that can take players across entirely different ends of the universe.
    • Streamlined & deep ship modification system.
    • Challenging, skill-based combat with mobile-friendly controls.
    screen11.png screen8.png screen4.png screen9.png screen6.png screen5.png screen3.png screen2.png screen1.png
    Coming late December if all goes well. Presskit link: https://www.kyle-barrett.com/

Looking for a few more beta testers to run through the tutorial + difficulty curve this week. Please pm me with your device info if you're interested. Apologies in advance if i can't get back to everyone.

Erpiotta5 likes this.
  2. Erpiotta5

Erpiotta5 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
  3. Foolish Mortal

Apr 22, 2017
    Invites sent to everyone who asked so far, lmk if I missed you.

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  4. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    i would like to try it if possible... thanks!

[email protected]

5. Foolish Mortal

Apr 22, 2017
    The crash after picking one of the choices should be fixed for those of you who had it. Please update the app and let me know if it's still a problem

6. Foolish Mortal

Apr 22, 2017
    Really appreciate all the screenshots and feedback you guys are posting through testflight, it's making bug smashing super efficient.

Just a heads up on what I'll be trying to get into the build next week:
    1. 10 more unique boss permutations
    2. 4 new level types to increase variation within each run
    3. A 4th enemy faction type
    4. Varied starter choices that unlock more as you progressively discover new environments
    5. Randomized end game storylines (doesnt look like anyone's reached the end of the universe yet, but theres a ton of endgame content after that point :))

7. Foolish Mortal

Apr 22, 2017
    Ok new update is out along with an adjusted difficulty curve and new content for increase variation in each playthrough. All known bugs have been addressed. Please reach out if you see something new or that was missed. If all goes well I'll b wrapping up the Beta this week.

8. Foolish Mortal

Apr 22, 2017
    While Testflight is making collecting feedback and bug reports super efficient, the downside is that you guys can't see how far everyone is getting. Here's the best I've seen so far:
    80268207_1289133087944572_3323356517238833152_n.jpg

9. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Foolish Mortal likes this.
  10. Rohit Bhatia

Rohit Bhatia Member

Jun 17, 2016
    Male
    Youtube
    India
    Game is Crashing on Startup on Android. Trying out from the Early Access Section on Google Play Store.

11. Foolish Mortal

Apr 22, 2017
    Aaand this is why we beta test. Thx for reporting the error. Can you send me your device info and screenshots of the error (assuming theres something to screenshot)?

12. Rohit Bhatia

Rohit Bhatia Member

Jun 17, 2016
    Male
    Youtube
    India
    It's OnePlus 6T running Android 10. It's just a Force Close. Nothing comes up just a blank screen and then back to Main Menu.

13. Foolish Mortal

Apr 22, 2017
    Thanks! So far haven't been able to reproduce the rror on Android 10. Looking into potential issues with the OnePlus 6T

Rohit Bhatia likes this.
  14. Foolish Mortal

Apr 22, 2017
    Ok looking to wrap up the iOS beta this weekend. Thanks for all the feedback so far! Things are looking good, please send me any pending feedback you may have by Saturday-ish.

15. Foolish Mortal

Apr 22, 2017
    Thanks for the latest rounds of feedback everyone! I've got the launch build primed and approved for next week. The official release date is Jan 7th (iOS and Android). If you'd like to pre-order, it's available on the app store here: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/end-of-the-universe/id1448678917 (as mentioned above)

In addition to performance improvements and smashed bugs, I've also added a few more secret zones and weapons to uncover :). I won't be accepting any more tester at this time, but those with the current build are welcome to keep playing up until release.

16. Foolish Mortal

Apr 22, 2017
    Aaaaand we're live! I make these games on my own in limited time frames, and I can't overstate how helpful this community has been in getting the game where it needed to be. Thanks again to everyone who helped test and debug!

17. Ringerill

Ringerill Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Too bad I missed the beta and didn't hear about this sooner. But on the other hand, it's damn good to discover it now and be able to play the official release!
    Loved the Immortal Rogue game, enjoyed similar spaceships "Shmups", so I'm sure I will love this one too :)

Foolish Mortal likes this.