iPad [BETA][DevBlog] Almighty: God idle clicker (by FunVenture)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by cometa93, Aug 15, 2017.

1. cometa93

cometa93 Active Member

Nov 23, 2016
    #1 cometa93, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    [​IMG]
    (LAST UPDATE)

PRESS KIT SITE

BETA TESTS SIGN-UP FORM
    [​IMG]

CURRENT STORE SCREENS:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

DEVBLOG UPDATES:
    1. #2 Added specie collection - 19.08.2017
    2. #3 Big Bang and player avatar - 27.08.2017
    3. #4 Archean scene, new species, more content
    4. #5 INCOME MODIFIERS, 5 AEONS, SPECIAL OFFERS, NPCS!
    5. #6 New eon scene, Free gifts, Buy modes, Passive Income Info, Rewards!
    6. #7 Finished tutorial and dialog with NPC's
    7. #8 First closed alpha tests, achievements, new art, new species panel.
    8. #9 Beta Sign ups, splash screen, sounds, new content
    9. #10 Quick update before beta tests
    10. #11 First closed beta version of the game is released
    11. #12 [BETA] v.0.35.0 update.
    12. #13 [BETA] Gifs from 3 locations + PRESS KIT
    13. #14 [BETA] Update v.0.37.3 - Craft system, trophies, inventor, materials
    14. #15 [BETA] Update v.0.39.2 - Daily tasks, community requests, bug fixing
    15. #16 [BETA] Update v.0.47.2 - Official release date 2nd August!

THE STORY
    In almighty we play the role of god who studies evolution of the species through the ages of the world. By performing tasks and completing the research we gain experience which is giving the ability to level up ourselves. The story begins after first “big bang” which is our special ability to start world creation from first age again, and research much more advanced species. The main goal of the game is to research and collect all species available in the dictionary of the divine science.

FIRST POST:

Hello, so finally got some screenshots and gifs from working versions of the game i’m currently working on. I’ve decided to start writing development blog more regular to be able to update you about progress I’ve done. So firstly little about “Almighty”.

What I’ve already implement so far is the whole logic of the game, which was tested already on ready prototype of the game. What is more the first versions of the UI screens are almost ready, of course they can significantly change during the development process but screens are showing overall look of the game mechanics. As you can see the screenshots are in polish language, I’ve already implemented possibility to play in multiple languages. Currently the game have one playable age ( Archean ).

In November i'm trying to run closed alfa tests after which will be published open beta version. It's everything for this week. Next week i'll try yo make new update of the progress. Stay in touch and follow me!

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. cometa93

cometa93 Active Member

Nov 23, 2016
    #2 Added specie collection - 19.08.2017

Current gameplay:

[​IMG]

Changes from last week

I was working really hard this week both in my full time job and in my home under “Almighty”, but I’ve finished all tasks planned for this week. Starting with, i added to the game possibility to update game configuration without need of releasing new version to the store but players will still can play offline. The game will update config only if the internet connection will be available again on the phone. Another new feature is collection panel with all unlocked species during the game. This feature is crucial for the game because the main goal of the game is to research all available species.

First gif is presenting whole gameplay with the new features and two others are presenting only the unlock animations of the specie ( currently the whole panel is still in progress).

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    When do we get to play this masterpiece

4. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    #4 KeKhan, Aug 20, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  5. cometa93

cometa93 Active Member

Nov 23, 2016
    Firstly, hi and thank you for your attention!
    Masterpiece :D thanks, i'm glad to hear it. I'm developing this alone, and currently working on implementing UI and Visual aspect of the game because the whole logic was already tested.
    The plan is to release the game in February/March 2018 but the beta tests will start about 2 months earlier so i'll have time to fix the bugs if there will be, and react to the feedback from testers.

Yeah, saw it already, but i think we can find many games with "god" or "almighty" like name. Problem is that, these words are clearly describing the game story. I've installed this game and the gameplay is much, much different from what i'm developing. I think their game is similar to the "Tap Tap titans" and my game actually doesn't implement any of their mechanics (only passive income but it is crucial mechanic for the player).

Thank you one more time for your interest, i'll make research to maybe change the name of app until it's not to late but it's really hard to find good name that will actually describe game purpose.

6. cometa93

cometa93 Active Member

Nov 23, 2016
    #3 - Big Bang and player avatar - 27.08.17r

[​IMG]
    (Still painted and not finished)

Hi, I’ve spend some time this weekend working on new feature, called big bang it is the special ability of our God to start world creation from scratch but with bigger experience. Bigger levels of our character are giving us opportunity to research more advanced species in each eon of the world. In the species panel (something like pokedex in pokemons) we will still have unlocked all the species we have research in previous iteration, rare species are giving us some extra boost bonuses, that’s why with each iteration of the game, we can advance much quicker.

Also as you can see in left top corner I’ve added our avatar ( the graphic is still painted), with current level and experience progress. For this week it’s all, i had really tough time in my full time job working under global release version of our company game.

And one more thing i’ll do my best to translate the game to English language for the future updates, i know that polish maybe for you a bit hard to look at, sorry for that!

Here is newest gameplay gif showing new feature:

[​IMG]

7. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Looking great! Amazing job, keep it up.
    I'm getting excited for this one, can't wait to try it!

Cool artwork #

8. cometa93

cometa93 Active Member

Nov 23, 2016
    Thank you! Glad to hear it!

9. sortris

sortris Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2015
    Male
    Warsaw, Poland
    Great idea and great artwork. Really surprised how quickly you develop this game. Hope to play Almighty this year :D

10. cometa93

cometa93 Active Member

Nov 23, 2016
    Thank you Sortris! Hope to not disappoint you!

11. cometa93

cometa93 Active Member

Nov 23, 2016
    #11 cometa93, Sep 23, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    #4 - Archean scene, new species, more content

Hello!

It's almost 1 am in my time zone but i had to post some update for you. Almost month without update, but don't worry i didn't stop to work under Almighty just had nothing to post because i was just adding data(new content) and making research to not put something without any sense into the game.

But last two weeks were really interesting. I've updated game engine, wrote down mobile water shader, created 3 volcano models and prepared first scene. After all of that hard work i've made a build and got almost 30 fps... well as you may figure out last week i was optimizing game engine and all standard shaders to make out 60fps of it.

And today finally got that! Still it's work in progress need to add some water splashes, reflections from the sky etc. but here is the effect:

New Content:

7 new species in the game
    15 new quests
    16 new researches
    1 new eon
    (Quality is poor because of gif size)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    This is looking really great!
    Nice work, nice art

I’d love to beta test this in TestFlight?

13. cometa93

cometa93 Active Member

Nov 23, 2016
    Hi KeKhan! Sure i will run sign ups on my site will post it here with next updates. I need to add more content to start beta tests, the game itself is running but is really quick to finish. I need to make it at least 2 hours long to release beta for you. Please understand, i'm only one man :( But it is really motivating to read all these great comments. Only hoping to not disappoint you. After beta tests i'll try to make it more with community driven development.

14. cometa93

cometa93 Active Member

Nov 23, 2016
    #5 Income Modifiers displayer, 5 aeons, special offers, npcs!

Long time no update from me. Still adding content, I didn’t even imagine how hard work will be that. I’ve added 2 new eons, still, need 2 more to start alpha tests. Already got content only for about 6-8 hours.

Now, what is new:

Over bottom menu in the right corner, you can find currently active modifiers. They are displaying how long they will be active.

In species collection, you can find legendary or rare species, that are available to unlock only on higher levels of your character, after unlocking them you will gain constant bonuses that will not disappear after making a big bang!

And the last thing in this update, are special characters ( NPCs ) they will help you making progress through the game offering some special items and extra income modifiers. NOTE! The character is from other game it is showing the style, which I want to achieve and is placed here for testing purposes.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. cometa93

cometa93 Active Member

Nov 23, 2016
    #6 New eon scene, Free gifts, Buy modes, Passive Income Info, Rewards!

Hello! New update everyone!

First of all big thanks for all the comments on my project I really appreciate this, it is a nice motivation! I was working hard last weeks! What’s new in the game:
    – New scene for the 2nd eon. ( All eons will have different scenes currently there are 5 eons and only 2 scenes for them)
    – New buy mode, as you could expect, in other idle/incremental games you have a possibility to buy many generators in one click from now on here as well.
    – Passive income while you were off the app, on coming back. The popup will show you how long you were off and how much your world earned.
    – Rewards displaying, before you wouldn’t be able to see what did you get from reward. Now the rewards will be displayed in quick tap popup.
    – Free gifts showing on the left every 2 minutes.
    – Current active modifiers are now displayed on top of the screen, not from the bottom anymore.

So what do you think about new things? Do you have any suggestions about some cool features I should add to the game? I have ordered some cool graphics for the game so I hope soon you will be able to see some cool art staff too!

Cheers!
    D.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. cometa93

cometa93 Active Member

Nov 23, 2016
    #7 Finished tutorial and dialog with NPC's

Hello, so this week I have been working much more on the code than on the visual style of the game. Tomorrow I will receive the first sketches of ordered graphic arts! I’m really happy for that! Also, this week I’ve been working on the tutorial for the game, finally i managed some more time to code this piece of s… Sorry hate tutorials.

QUESTION:
    Do you think that I should give the players ability to skip tutorial for good? If so, why?

I really want to do that but my tutorial is really quick, just the most important things. I’m afraid a little that, when I’ll give the ability to skip the tutorial, players will not be able to learn the most important things of the game they will leave earlier, also tutorial is showing some story of the game, so what do you think.

[​IMG]

17. applicattura

applicattura Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2015
    Let me know when the beta is ready, would love to test it.

18. cometa93

cometa93 Active Member

Nov 23, 2016
    Thanks man! Glad to hear it soon I'll try to run some beta tests on TestFlight!

19. TadeuszSynZygmunta

TadeuszSynZygmunta Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Male
    Poland
    I like he graphic style, looks very polished, can't wait to check it out! :D

20. cometa93

cometa93 Active Member

Nov 23, 2016
    Thanks man! I'll try to run beta tests as soon as it is possible! Many peoples want to try this! I'm so excited :D