Universal [BETA] Chronology – Travel between the past and the future (by Bedtime Digital Games)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Bedtime Klaus, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Bedtime Klaus

Bedtime Klaus Active Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Hello everyone! We’re Bedtime Digital Games, you might remember us from Figment on iOS a game we released a couple months ago.

Today we’re announcing Chronology’s re-release on iOS! So that means I’d love to get some of your help if anybody wants to beta-test the game.

Chronology is an adventure-puzzle game where time manipulation is key. Switch between the past and the future to find out how the world went extinct. Play as the Old Inventor and his sidekick The Snail, use their abilities to solve time-bending puzzles.

The Old Inventor wakes up, dazed and confuse, in a world he recognizes no more. It is your task to find out what happened to his world.

Here is what you can expect in-game.

Jump and switch.gif Switch and environment.gif snail razor.gif

Interested in the beta?

DM me with a testflight e-mail and device specs!

Also, let me know what kind of things you're looking for in these kind of games , would love to get some feedback :)

2. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Hi! I'd like to test Chronology! I got an iPhone 11 Pro Max. Thanks in advance!

3. Bedtime Klaus

Sep 16, 2019
    Cool, can't DM your profile, please send me a message :)

4. Capronissimo71

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Ok!!

5. Capronissimo71

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Hi! I'd like to test Chronology! I got an iPhone 11 Pro Max. Thanks in advance!

My TestFlight email is: [email protected]

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Ahhhh so glad this is coming back. It’s an excellent game. Instant purchase for me

7. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Nah, doesn’t ring a bell at all.. :p but nice try.:D

no worries, just kidding.. I already sent you a message. Looking forward to being a part of the beta this time. I skipped any efforts on my side to participate on Figment beta because I wasn’t a fan of Back to bed but after seeing how great the Figment turned out, the next title is a no-brainer for me.

8. boydstr

boydstr Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Male
    Gamer
    Netherlands
    I really like to TestFlight the game I am using iPhone 6+ iOS version 12.4.5.
    Greetzz from the Netherlands.

9. Bedtime Klaus

Sep 16, 2019
    Happy to see some familiar faces

Y'all should receive some invites shortly :)

Still quite a few spots open btw!

10. Bedtime Klaus

Sep 16, 2019
    Nice! Could you DM me with your testflight e-mail?

11. Capronissimo71

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Thanks for the code!!

Bedtime Klaus likes this.
  12. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Very polished game! I remember buying it on Steam couple of years ago, but like most of my games on PC I didn’t even play it. When comes to PC gaming I’m just a collector.;)

Anyway, I’m really enjoying it so far despite some issues. First of all, audio settings is maxed out for each option by default which causes to overhear the narration. After adjusting it slightly to keep the voice at max, sfx lower and eventually music the lowest, everything’s just fine on that front. So thanks for the option to do so even though it could’ve been set like this by default in the first place. It’s a common practice.

Second issue I have is with controls. I’m playing on iPad and buttons are fairly tiny and very close to each other. It’s not too big of a deal on the right with jump, clock and use buttons, but it’s really problematic on the left where the directional arrows are. There needs to be at least a gap between them, but increase in size would help as well. Dunno how difficult is it to implement adjustable controls, but having an option to resize and rearrange them would be a fantastic feature.

The third and the last issue is just a personal feeling and more of a nitpick, but jumping doesn’t feel as great as I’d expect. It’s not a dealbreaker or anything. It’ll eventually grow on you during the gameplay, but it could be better. It’s hard to describe. Maybe it’s because of relatively big jumps which requires some adjusting mid-air and in combination with tiny controls too close to each other it causes unnecessary falling and misplacing.

Other than that, I couldn’t be more satisfied. The visuals are stunning, narration is great as well. Everything’s smooth and responsive. I love the puzzles so far. Switching between present and past is gorgeous. Btw, thank you for allowing us to “purchase” Part II for free during the beta test. I’m pretty sure the first part would be enough for testing purposes, so it’s a nice gesture on your side. Even if it’s valid for beta duration only.

Bedtime Klaus likes this.
  13. J05H

J05H Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2017
  14. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    so, i'm enjoying this game a lot, very polished, beautiful art, great story and a lot of clever puzzles.
    my only concern is about the controls, they are too close to each other and there's also a lack of response, maybe should be great to have them customizable and with more responsiveness.

anyway, a really good work overall.

15. Hilda LLL

Hilda LLL Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Female
  16. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Is this a remaster or is it being updated and reworked?

17. Bedtime Klaus

Sep 16, 2019
    Hi hi!

Back after a long-ish weekend.

Thanks for the extensive feedback! Definitely gives us a lot more information for future use :)

Sadly the game can not be modified any further since this is a 64 bit re-release...

So we're looking for bugs and the like mainly.

18. Bedtime Klaus

Sep 16, 2019
    Hey there, this is a 64 bit re-release for more recent phones!

19. After 1 hour ish gameplay on my ipad
    - no more bugs found yet
    - no more weird resolution error
    - left and right buttons seem to be a bit too close to each other. Plus, I hope these 2 buttons are bigger
    @Bedtime Klaus

20. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Makara Nou I already pointed this button issue out, but they’ve already replied there’s nothing they can do about it. See their post above. I guess we’re gonna get used to it at some point. It’s not the dealbreaker though.