Universal [BETA] Cards of Terra (by Denis Buslaev)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ObsoleteOne, Nov 5, 2020.

1. ObsoleteOne

ObsoleteOne Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2017
    That's a fair point. I'm afraid we won't be able to change much on this front. Cutscenes are very time-consuming and with a single artist who's doing this part-time, we'd be happy to finish the final cutscene in a reasonable time. I'd love to have occasional one-page comic strips for Boss-fights but even that's probably too luxurious for us at the moment.
    It's somewhat hard to notice at first, but we update the picture in the lobby after every chapter.

You usually get a permanent +1 energy buff (or a new ability, later) for beating a chapter, but we don't communicate this to players well (in fact, we don't do it at all:(). That definitely has to change., and feedback like yours gives a motivation to actually do it.

I, personally, love the world map idea. The reason it was abandoned is that we have a very linear levels progression structure (to guarantee the gradual introduction of new concepts and control difficulty better), and a world map (in my view) should grant players at least some meaningful choice. I mean, I know lots of games get away with linear saga-style maps but it just goes against my "game design philosophy".

All in all, I completely agree that the game is somewhat lacking in this part. You can argue that a single Brawl Stars battle gives you more rewards and positive reinforcement than the entirety of our game. I'll give it some more thought. Thanks for the feedback.

squarezero likes this.
  2. ObsoleteOne

Jun 2, 2017
    Pushed a small update v 1.5.4(3):
    - New Boss(Apparition) for the Campaign and Draft modes
    - End of the chapter reward badge (with temporary art). Thanks to squarezero for the inspiration.
    - Additional sounds
    - Few more draft levels
    - A bunch of bugfixes

3. Wonka

Wonka New Member

Jan 21, 2021
    Male
    Hi Denis!

I've played your game and really love it. You are doing great job I think!
    I've written you on game's facebook page, but you didn't answer.

Are you still working on it?

ObsoleteOne likes this.
  4. ObsoleteOne

Jun 2, 2017
    Hi. Thank you for the kind words. Yes we keep working on the game. There are few major things left (like end of campaign cutscene), dozens of smaller tasks ( new cards, visual effects etc) and an endless amount of polish.

Sorry about not responding on Facebook. Social media isn’t my strong suit. To be honest I even forgot the game has a fb page. :rolleyes: