Universal [BETA] Cards of Terra (by Denis Buslaev)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ObsoleteOne, Nov 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObsoleteOne

ObsoleteOne Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2017
    That's a fair point. I'm afraid we won't be able to change much on this front. Cutscenes are very time-consuming and with a single artist who's doing this part-time, we'd be happy to finish the final cutscene in a reasonable time. I'd love to have occasional one-page comic strips for Boss-fights but even that's probably too luxurious for us at the moment.
    It's somewhat hard to notice at first, but we update the picture in the lobby after every chapter.

You usually get a permanent +1 energy buff (or a new ability, later) for beating a chapter, but we don't communicate this to players well (in fact, we don't do it at all:(). That definitely has to change., and feedback like yours gives a motivation to actually do it.

I, personally, love the world map idea. The reason it was abandoned is that we have a very linear levels progression structure (to guarantee the gradual introduction of new concepts and control difficulty better), and a world map (in my view) should grant players at least some meaningful choice. I mean, I know lots of games get away with linear saga-style maps but it just goes against my "game design philosophy".

All in all, I completely agree that the game is somewhat lacking in this part. You can argue that a single Brawl Stars battle gives you more rewards and positive reinforcement than the entirety of our game. I'll give it some more thought. Thanks for the feedback.

squarezero likes this.
  2. ObsoleteOne

Jun 2, 2017
    Pushed a small update v 1.5.4(3):
    - New Boss(Apparition) for the Campaign and Draft modes
    - End of the chapter reward badge (with temporary art). Thanks to squarezero for the inspiration.
    - Additional sounds
    - Few more draft levels
    - A bunch of bugfixes

3. Wonka

Wonka New Member

Jan 21, 2021
    Male
    Hi Denis!

I've played your game and really love it. You are doing great job I think!
    I've written you on game's facebook page, but you didn't answer.

Are you still working on it?

ObsoleteOne likes this.
  4. ObsoleteOne

Jun 2, 2017
    Hi. Thank you for the kind words. Yes we keep working on the game. There are few major things left (like end of campaign cutscene), dozens of smaller tasks ( new cards, visual effects etc) and an endless amount of polish.

Sorry about not responding on Facebook. Social media isn’t my strong suit. To be honest I even forgot the game has a fb page. :rolleyes:

5. ObsoleteOne

Jun 2, 2017
    An update is out (1.6.1).
    Mostly visual improvements to the UI and few additional effects.
    Also added support for video ads and IAP purchase to block them (you need to enable ads in the options if you want to help with the testing).

The game also has a trailer.

6. ObsoleteOne

Jun 2, 2017
    p1_color.jpg

With the new update (1.8.0) we are approaching the final stage of development and should be ready to soft launch a game next week (in Russia). At least one more month before global release.

This update brings:
    - Game Center integration (leaderboards for the draft mode and the first dozen of achievements);
    - cloud save;
    - campaign outro cutscene;
    - lobby progress for the 2nd part of the campaign;
    - 99% content ready (almost all the art, sounds, and effects are in their final forms);
    - video ads and remove ads in-app (ads are disabled by default, you need to turn them on if you are willing to help with the testing);
    - few gameplay changes (direct kill with hero now advance turn forward, wolves "attack in packs", campaign streamlined, etc)

IMPORTANT: Out analytics shows an unhealthy number of launches without any actions after that. If you have experienced some sort of fatal crash after launch please let me know. Nobody reported any crashes and I suspect it is a fluke with analytics, bots, or something else, but it's still worrying and messes up with my sleep. :confused:

7. ObsoleteOne

Jun 2, 2017
    #27 ObsoleteOne, Apr 26, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    Pushed a small update that adds UI animations, the very last piece of card art (Zombie Bull), and trades about 10 bugs for 2 new ones.
    Today we have finished the second to last visual effect (Lightning, see below) and are almost ready for a soft launch.

[​IMG]

8. Myrkul

Myrkul Active Member

Mar 13, 2018
    Any news when it’s coming out?

9. ObsoleteOne

Jun 2, 2017
    #29 ObsoleteOne, Jun 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    Hey, the game is technically complete and ready. We have "soft launched" it in Russia and working through feedback and add final touches.

We have one publisher interested in a project which might delay the global release, so it's hard to pin the final date just yet.
    Let's say it's [30%/60%/10%] that it will be released within [1 month/2 months/more than 2 months].

Myrkul likes this.
  10. Myrkul

Myrkul Active Member

Mar 13, 2018
    Thanks for the answer !

11. ObsoleteOne

Jun 2, 2017