Universal [BETA!] Blocky Farm - voxel-styled farm manager made with love <3

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by sortris, Oct 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sortris

sortris Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2015
    Male
    Warsaw, Poland
    Hi!
    Thanks for your message! We are really hard working every day. Now we are working on something special to show in to you the upcoming month! :)
    And we surely inform you about closed beta tests! :) Thanks for being our supporter!

2. Patthegymnast

Patthegymnast Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2016
    No problem! Looks amazing❤️

3. sortris

Mar 14, 2015
    Male
    Warsaw, Poland
    Update #33 - WE ARE BACK!

Hello all! :)

First of all, thanks for your support during last weeks. It was really important for us. We promise to post regular updates - every single week.

Now we are proud to reveal new BLOCKY FARM look.

[​IMG]
    This is a result of 4 months of hard work. During this time we've made over 100 new models, thousand of bug fixes and several totally new features, all for this one game - BLOCKY FARM. Enjoy the new graphics with us! :)

FULL SIZE GIF HERE [1600x900]

Do you like it? :D

FYI: Blocky Farm is a next-genre voxel-styled mobile farm manager with strong focus on animal care with unique features like driving a tractor and more.

More info soon! :))

4. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Woah!! Looks amazing!!

5. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    That is some serious progress!! Still eagerly awaiting this release - keep up the good work! :)

6. sortris

Mar 14, 2015
    Male
    Warsaw, Poland
    Thanks! We are doing our best and thanks to your comments we are more excited with every passing day too! :)

7. jaylla

jaylla Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Game looks awesome. If you need any beta testers I'd be happy to help.

8. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Looking good, I want a new game like this but it's always based on how the IAP work and what features it has on if it's something I keep playing or not. So many games make life difficult with undersized storage and awkward management.

9. sortris

Mar 14, 2015
    Male
    Warsaw, Poland
    #149 sortris, Oct 16, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    You're right in general. That's why our game will obviously have IAPs but:
    1) it will be non-invasive implemented
    2) there will be a TON of additional features in Blocky Farm without IAPs
    Quality first!

Regarding to the undersized storage, I think it was both in Harvest Moon and FarmVille-like games.

10. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Would love to beta

11. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    That's good to hear, I can't wait to try the game. But yes those games use undersized storage to try to get money out of you for bigger ones, I always wish they would do a reasonably priced IAP for unlimited storage as I'm kind of a hoarder on these games and often can't stock everything I want due to limited space.

The game really does look good though and I'll have to go through all these pages now reading anything I might have missed.

12. sortris

Mar 14, 2015
    Male
    Warsaw, Poland
    Thanks! And I really encourage you to get through all pages of this devlog. Even we want to sometimes look back on Blocky Farm and the progress that we made :)

13. sortris

Mar 14, 2015
    Male
    Warsaw, Poland
    #153 sortris, Oct 21, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
    Update #34 - Farm Visitors & Quests!

Hello all!

Today we want to show you a new feature - FARM VISITORS & QUESTS.

Current list of personas:
    1) Mayor
    2) Farmer
    3) Businessman
    4) Vet
    5) Hipster

Farm Visitors will visit our farm from time to time with some simple tasks to do for us. For example, it can be taking care of pet, repairing an abandoned house or just selling a product.

This creates over hundred of possible missions. We have implemented around 20 different activities which can mix with each other, creating completely new quest every single time! :)

On the GIF you can see visitors' vehicles and new buttons in HUD that indicate current progress of each mission.

[​IMG]

We are excited, what about you?! :D

14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Just gone through the whole thread and it's great to see all the changes graphically and with the game, the game is looking very good although I still think the UI is a bit ugly and could do with some work as even that can put someone off as it doesn't look as clean as other games although I do understand your not a big studio like those.

I'm also wondering how trees will work? Are they buy once and then unlimited use? Or do they run out and you have to buy a new one? I hate replanting them but wouldn't mind just needing to water them.

How limited is storage in your barn or silo? I hate it when devs make you struggle I never understand why I just can't have unlimited storage.

What is the aim of the game? Is there progression in growing your farm and with the goods you produce, you need something to aim for to build up.

15. sortris

Mar 14, 2015
    Male
    Warsaw, Poland
    First of all, thanks for your long message full of questions, feedback and ideas. It's pleasure for us to have a dialogue with our watchers/game fans/future players :)

Thanks! Honestly, we also like the progress that we made with our game!

We agree with you. We will put a lot of work to improve our UI (and UX as well) in the near future. We will be very thankful for every example of a good UI in your opinion (especially in this games genre).

We have good news! We also hate replanting trees and that's why they are unlimited in Blocky Farm. How it works now?
    1) You buy tree
    2) Tree is ready after some time
    3) You get a water from the well (water renew in a time)
    4) You water the tree
    5) Tree gives you fruits
    6) Back to the point 3.

We consider adding watering tree also while it is growing.

The storage size is limited. You will have to level up silo and barn with gathered resources. Is it bad? We think that no. It adds a little strategy element in Blocky Farm when you will have to think about and plan what you do. But we are open for any suggestions of course.

The main aim of the game is to have fun, take care of your pets, explore the created world (we have some surprises to reveal), compete with other players and progression in growing your farm as well.

Thanks a lot again and have a nice Sunday! :)

16. sortris

Mar 14, 2015
    Male
    Warsaw, Poland
    Dear friends!

We are still waiting for your feedback! Please ask us any question you have. Please suggest any idea you got too! :)

To encourage you to activity, we share a Farmer picture with you - one of five farm visitors who you will be able to interact with.

[​IMG]

Help us if you liked it: share or like on Twitter

See you again this week! ;)

17. applicattura

applicattura Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2015
    Looks great for me. Keep up a good work guys, it will be a hit for sure. Just waiting for more gifs from Blocky Farm :D

18. TadeuszSynZygmunta

TadeuszSynZygmunta Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Male
    Poland
    The level of details in this game is simply amazing! Will there be implemented any social functions? Can I be able to share some statistics / achievements / progress with others?

19. BWDev

BWDev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    Looks great! I'd love to play beta.

20. sortris

Mar 14, 2015
    Male
    Warsaw, Poland
    Update #35 - Screenshots!

Hi all!
    Firstly, thank to you for your activity. This is a real honor for us. :)
    Secondly, as announced a couple days ago, we have something special for you - actual ingame screenshots!

Disclaimer: UI will be redesigned in the upcoming months.

Please share your opinion with us (even if it will be about UI graphics :D)!

Orchard
    [​IMG]

Fields
    [​IMG]

Pet interaction panel
    [​IMG]

Farm visitors
    [​IMG]

Waterfall & watermill
    [​IMG]

Some decorations
    [​IMG]

Yes, sure!
    There will be several common social functions as sharing your farm level etc. but we plan to add some totally fresh social aspects strongly related to our original game features (tractor and pets).