Universal [BETA!] Blocky Farm - voxel-styled farm manager made with love <3

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by sortris, Oct 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beth

Beth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 29, 2014
    Professional do-nothing'er
    Eastern usa
    Hen house is super cute, actually all the animals in this game are just lovely :)
    It's really interesting seeing this game come to life and grow into it's own each updated post.
    I like harvesting/farming type games and have played or tried most available. I can see the effort your putting into making this new & different and I totally love it.
    It's adding things like the interaction with pets makes this even more appealing for me.
    I'm wondering will blocky farm have timers? If so I'd hope to see things to do while waiting, thats been a lot of the reason I haven't stuck with many timer base games ...waiting 2-3 hrs for an animal or recipe to complete just doesn't work for me after a while, especially if I have nothing to do in game. I get that those games might be best played in short bursts of time, but for me I 'like the option of playing for a few min or a few hours ... Just my random thoughts ...
    Keep up the great work! Looking forward to Seeng this evolve even more

2. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I was specially waiting for UI screenshots and I also love it! I'm a designer myself and I think the combination is great!

3. Love the art style for a farming game.

4. sortris

sortris Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2015
    Male
    Warsaw, Poland
    Yup! Such details will be surely fixed in the polishing phase. Thanks :)

Really thanks. Your opinion is very important for us :)

Thank you, Beth! <3 We will print your message to get motivation and mood boosters every day! :)

This is exactly what we want to achieve! Yes, Blocky Farm will have timers, but we want the overall gameplay to be absorbing and entertaining all the time. For example, you will have to take care about your farm animals and pets. You will have to play with them, heal, clean up, you could even to teach your pets a new tricks. You will be able to decorate your farm with dozen of objects, you will have daily quests and *daily farm duties* which will have to be done! (And much more) But we will really thankful for any new idea to make our game better. Thanks for your opinion and have a nice day! :)

5. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    omg the art work is amazing ! What a beautiful work !!! i love farm game and for sure i ll try this one !!

6. sortris

Mar 14, 2015
    Male
    Warsaw, Poland
    Thanks! Pleasure is ours :)

Thanks! Added your portfolio to bookmarks. We are in touch :)

7. sortris

Mar 14, 2015
    Male
    Warsaw, Poland
    Update #26 - BIG CHANGE - slots removed

Hi all! :)

Today we have something special for you. But let me show you another small features firstly.
    Please remember that we are still working on the old models and UI temporary graphics.

Removing trunk obstacle animation
    [​IMG]

Building opening animation
    Every finished building construction process is a happy moment for a player so we celebrate it in the right way ^^
    [​IMG]

ONE OF THE BIGGEST CHANGES SO FAR - SLOTS REMOVED - NEW CONSTRUCTION SYSTEM
    First of all, initially Blocky Farm had to be much simpler and less game. We wanted to make a small farm simulator, so 6 months ago we decided to base the game mechanics on the slots. We took the idea from the Fallout Shelter game. But the more we were developing our game, the more problems we started to see with slots. Slots put too many limits to the gameplay. That’s why we decided to get rid of them finally. Now player is able to construct buildings everywhere he wants to (only if there is a free space).

Just take a look on the first sneak peek of this feature. This is a small step for mankind one giant leap for our BlockyFarm game :cool:

Old construction system
    [​IMG]

New construction system
    [​IMG]

Locomotive
    And at last but not least, to awaken your appetite even more. We are proud to show you one of our best game models - Locomotive.
    [​IMG]

Tweeting
    If you want to get the latest info about our project, please follow us on Twitter :)

PS We wanted to say big thanks to all of you. Thanks for supporting our project and motivating us :)

8. rsgapps

rsgapps Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    I like the idea of slots being removed. Redesigning our farms could be a lot of fun.
    The Locomotive model looks great :)

9. Andreww

Andreww New Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Looks good, I like the art style.

Not keen on the name however - Sounds too similar to many other game names on the App Store.

10. stephenk

stephenk Well-Known Member

May 11, 2015
    Oh soo nice,I've been looking for around a farm game like this.There's no farm game that could satisfy me from Harvest Moon ! I'll follow this thread ! Keep it up guys

11. sortris

Mar 14, 2015
    Male
    Warsaw, Poland
    #111 sortris, Apr 12, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
    Thanks! :)

Thanks. Yes, we know that our game name sounds too similar to many other moedern game names. However in our opinion it is not such a bad name - it is descriptive, simple and fits to our game perfectly.

Thanks :) Which part of Harvest Moon do you love the most? Maybe we could be able to implement it in our game?

12. applicattura

applicattura Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2015
    I think removing the slots is a good idea :) The new UI is nicely done, love the details of this game :) keep it up, staying motivated is a hard thing in such a big project.

13. sortris

Mar 14, 2015
    Male
    Warsaw, Poland
    Update #27 - Advanced pet care and building effects

We were still working on a new UI this week but however we have something new features. Please notice that some UI graphics and game models are temporary.

Advanced pet care
    One of our duties is to take care about our pets. We’ve implemented first stage of advanced pet behaviours. Just take a look:

Pet needs and thoughts showed as a cloud message
    [​IMG]

Ill pet is ill
    [​IMG]

Tired pet is tired
    [​IMG]

Moveveor we’ve added new place a building effect :)
    [​IMG]

And as always - new render - Silo building. It’s essential on every farm :)
    [​IMG]

We would love to hear your feedback! :)

14. sortris

Mar 14, 2015
    Male
    Warsaw, Poland
    Hi all!
    We need your help! :) We can't decide which type of fields will be better for our game:

A - Fields are more blocky, that looks nice from a distance, but up close they're not very attractive.
    B - Fields are more detailed, that looks bad from a distance, but up close they're more interesting we guess.

Function
    Basically fields should inform a player about finished growth process and readiness for collecting.

Issue
    How to show vegetables in a style A? How to show grains in a style B?
    Actually we have only one kind of grain: wheat. But there are other types of plans: sugarcane, bean etc.

Thanks in advance! :) :cool:

Carrots are in the center of the picture.
    Bigger resolution

[​IMG]

15. iGamerNL25

iGamerNL25 Member

May 7, 2015
    I like B, B looks a lot better. Type A doesn't really look like crops.

16. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Somewhere in between but still A. Definately. It's BLOCKY farm after all, and not another general farming game.

17. sortris

Mar 14, 2015
    Male
    Warsaw, Poland
    Thanks you all! :)
    It's 1 vote for A, 2 votes for B.
    Still waiting for more opinions :)

18. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    Another vote for "B", please. :)

19. sortris

Mar 14, 2015
    Male
    Warsaw, Poland
    All right, 3 votes for B and 1 vote for A from you. We've got feedback from our friends too (yes, game devs still can have friends sometimes :D) and it was mostly B. Thanks for your opinions :)