[BETA] Armed Heist (iOS)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SOZAP, Sep 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SOZAP

SOZAP Member

May 23, 2015
    #1 SOZAP, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    [​IMG]

Hi guys!

We have a new upcoming game for iOS called Armed Heist, an action packed third person shooter that lets you take down jewelry stores, banks and armored cars - climbing the ranks and becoming a legendary bank robber.

[​IMG]

As you progress the jobs become bigger, better and more rewarding. Along with earning more cash, you collect and level-up weapons, to unlock attachments and build the craziest modified guns you have ever seen!

The official trailer is not ready, but for your guys we have included a gameplay video:
    https://vimeo.com/229390853/faa5ff147d

First out is the iOS version with an Android release later this year.

We are planning to softlaunch in October and we would like to invite you guys for early access.

Register directly on the official website:
    http://www.armedheist.com

Armed Heist requires newer devices to run. We recommend using at least iPhone SE.

We will continue to update the thread with features and content!

2. Kimchisoju

Kimchisoju Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Male
    Caregiver
    Whelp, I signed up quickly

Can’t wait for the test flight on this! If i get in, i want to do my best to help you find bugs and help polish an already amazing looking game! No questions yet. But i sure do feel the anticipation

3. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    Looks amazing! Will there be MFI controller support?

4. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Looks great; would love to help you test but the signup form only lets me enter numbers in the name field. (I’m not near a computer so maybe it’s because I’m on my phone?)

5. SOZAP

SOZAP Member

May 23, 2015
    Kimchisoju - Thanks! We will be sure to add you in the next couple of days!

Stelph - We haven't considered this, i will forward to our CTO as a feature request!

MetaGonzo - Well the website is also in "BETA" :D we will fix this, btw on stationary/browser it works!

6. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    That’s the spirit! :D

I’ve sent you a pm

7. SOZAP

SOZAP Member

May 23, 2015
    Here is some modest AK47 mods from the game!

[​IMG]

8. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    I've been playing the closet beta and it's just great. Controls work splendid and it just looks damn sweet, great work!

9. SOZAP

SOZAP Member

May 23, 2015
    Here are some maxed out SMG's

[​IMG]

10. HCGamer

HCGamer New Member

Sep 27, 2017
    Really great game

I’ve been fortunate enough to get an invite to the closed beta and i must say that i’ve never played a better shooter before. The controls and feedback are great, esepcially if you got a phone that supports 3D touch. Progression needs a bit of work but i’m sure the developers are aware of this. Cant wait for the release and i will for sure follow this game!

11. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    Does that mean it has 3D Touch to fire? I certainly hope so; I wish all shooters of any kind had that as an option.

12. HCGamer

HCGamer New Member

Sep 27, 2017
    Yea, you can try different controls in the settings menu that you can find if you press pause in the game. And i agree, all shooters should use 3D Touch for shooting, Armed Heist even use the haptic engine for feedback when you kill enemies!

13. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    Excellent news. This is a big deal in my opinion as it goes a very long way to removing the problems of touch screen shooters.

Without it you must have auto fire, which is a poor substitute (especially if you want to play tactically) or a separate fire button which is even worse. (imho, of course)

14. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    Brilliant - I think the GIF looks amazing and with MFI controller support I can see this doing really well on the Apple TV for example as well as mobile devices, have signed up to the Beta

By the way, im getting a "private video" error when I try and click on the Vimeo link?

EDIT: Is there a multiplayer in the game or are there plans to be multiplayer?

15. SOZAP

SOZAP Member

May 23, 2015
    HCGamer - Thanks! Its huge game and the 9 of us will do some serious crunching during the soft-launch, getting all the features in and polished.

MetaGonzo - Yeah 3D touch is implemented, and its awesome!

Stelph - The old link was password protected, the one below is now open!

Fixed the Vimeo link:
    https://vimeo.com/229390853/faa5ff147d

16. SOZAP

SOZAP Member

May 23, 2015
    Here some maxed out Assaults rifles, enjoy!

[​IMG]

17. SOZAP

SOZAP Member

May 23, 2015
    Amazing gathering! Well over 500 users signed up!

Please post your feedback/questions!

18. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    Really enjoying the beta, the touch3D controls work really very well! I do have a few comments from the limited time I have had to play

- When using the 3D controls I noticed sometimes when behind cover and shooting releasing the “shoot button” doesn’t immediately mean you take cover – perhaps this is a sensitivity thing for Touch3D
    - Variability of the missions could be one “issue”, they are a little samey so far so perhaps a few more levels or alternative mission types could help? (i.e. how about a mission where you have to protect someone carrying the loot from being shot, perhaps a mission where you are on a roof fending off the police? On the plane map perhaps an inside of the plane map?)
    - Perhaps some more animations and/or tweaking the AI to make them move to cover would be good – I find it odd sometimes that police officers with no body armour would willingly stand shooting their pistol while I walk towards them with my machine gun rather than them legging it to cover!

I did have one weird bug where my character suddenly decided to walk off to the side of the map, shooting stopped him walking but I couldn't control his direction - only happened once on the plane map

Hope this helps!

19. SOZAP

SOZAP Member

May 23, 2015
    Thanks for the feedback! Yeah i also get that bugg; he just walks of the map :D

Thing is Sozap is a 9 man studio :) we hope to have support and time in soft-launch to tweak it to perfection!

20. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    Well it’s a great game, after playing some more I do think some of the health levels could do with tweaking to make it more “realistic” - it seems strange to have to empty almost an entire clip into an unarmored police officer