Universal [BETA][Apple Watch] Asteroid Commando (by Red Sprite Studios)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Johnno, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Johnno

Johnno Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Male
    Game developer
    Brisbane
    Hey TA,

Asteroid Commando, the third in my Space Watch series, is now in Public Beta.

It's another classic arcade game, this time inspired by Asteroids. I'm looking to launch it sometime next month and would love you all to check it out and let me know what you think. It also works on iPhone, so you don't have to have an Apple Watch to play.

Public beta link:
    https://testflight.apple.com/join/0nV5ijqw

Screenshots:
    WatchPromoShot1.png WatchPromoShot2.png WatchPromoShot3.png

Video:

Thanks,
    Johnno

2. Johnno

Johnno Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Male
    Game developer
    Brisbane
    Just a quick update that a new public beta build is live!

This update includes a new power up that slows down time, updated icon, added complications for the Watch and some general tweaks.

Public beta link:
    https://testflight.apple.com/join/0nV5ijqw

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Love your games ! This is superb. Love the icon having a black background as it looks cool on the app layout

Had a quick go, done a great job considering you've only got the dial as a controller. Graphics are true retro heaven, its like having a Vectrex game on your watch ;)

I do hope you continue doing many more games !! Thanks again, instant purchase for me once its out

4. Johnno

Johnno Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Male
    Game developer
    Brisbane
    Thanks very much! I'm glad you like the Vectrex vibe :)

I think I may have found my game dev niche with Apple Watch so I am definitely committed to bringing more games to the Watch. I'm focusing on classic arcade games for the moment as they are perfect for the format and are fun to make and play.