Beta 4 out

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Schenk Studios, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Schenk Studios

Schenk Studios Well-Known Member

#1 Schenk Studios, Apr 29, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
    Just a heads up to other developers, OS 3 beta 4 was released yesterday? I was using beta 2 and that has stopped working (as in I can no longer push apps to the device and get an error saying that it is expired).

Looks like I'm getting the day off while I download 2.5 gbs on a very slow network.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

2. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Yes beta 4 was out yesterday.
    2.5gb ouch....on a slow net work.....I feel sorry for you.

3. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Hey. Quick dumb question here. I have beta 3 installed (I think). I believe we r currently in beta 5.

Anyways, it's installed on my old iPod so it does not :eek: me. But I got it today, and I noticed it was slow. Rebooted, and now I'm in the recovery mode screen. Connect to iTunes, and it won't read it. Gives me an error.
    So how do I fix this? Do I download the iTunes beta and the new iPod beta and do a DFU restore?

4. Nintendofanthr33

May 13, 2009
    Download the pre-lease of itunes, download beta 5. install the pre-lease hold the home and power button on the iphone/touch (make sure its pluged to computer) when screen goes off let go of power button and keep holding home button. the device will be in restore mode. now, shift+alt on restore and fine beta 5 .ipsw or DMG (WHATEVER!) Now... just wait!