Best weather app?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by LBG, Sep 27, 2010.

1. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Has anyone got any recommendations for a weather app? I'm only using the default Apple weather app and it's often wrong and too basic.
    Thanks.

2. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    I use accuweather

3. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Mega Weather. Hands down the best one for me. Or at least when I had an iPod ahahah

4. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Have been using MegaWeather for some time.

I wish there was an option to hide some of the Apple apps (like you can with Nike+) but I guess stuffing them into folders works. ;)

5. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I'm currently beta testing Weather HD which is incredibly nice visually. At the moment, only larger towns or cities are included but I'm sure they'll add more.

6. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Ok, thanks for all the replies. I think I'll probably get Mega Weather, it looks pretty good.

7. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Oh it is good. hahahah

I remember the dev first posted codes for it on this site. Nabbed one but would easily pay for it again if I had to.

8. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I know you asked for an app, but I stick with i.wund.com It's got a really nice, full screen, weather map with animation. I'm still looking for the perfect weather app. MegaWeather, as mentioned here, doesn't appeal to me.

9. Harpgliss

Harpgliss Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Here No More
    Hi,

I use Mega Weather and Weathebug Elite and like both very much.

The link that was posted by f e a r l e s s is also a very good source.

David

10. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Why not gift it to him then? Lol

11. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Cause I removed my card from the Store and that would require me to do all that work :p

12. bmcvey

bmcvey Active Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Two other weather apps worth looking into are:

The Weather
    The app incorporates data from http://www.wunderground.com. It's got a much more native feel for anyone that enjoys the iOS UI. The Google Map integration with the maps is a plus. I can say it still has a little ways to go to be a top competitor with some of the others, but the polish given to the interface and the fact it's universal have me using it as my primary all-around weather app.

Radarscope
    For anyone in the USA that is a radar junky and trying to determine how close severe weather is, I'd recommend Radarscope. It's a universal build that provides you with a bevy of radar products to view on a black map. It's much easier to focus in on intense storms heading your way or spotting hook echos and the like. So if you're looking to focus more on incoming storms/precipitation this app is by far the best. It's also recently added in warning boxes for the United States so you can quickly jump to an area afflicted with severe weather.