Best way to post about a game for iOS, Android & Windows

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Total Eclipse, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Total Eclipse

Total Eclipse Well-Known Member

Hey, guys!

What is the best way to post about a game that's out for iOS, Android & Windows?
    Should it be in one thread, or separate ones?

By the way, how can we get the layout where on the left there's the game's icon and some details (Publisher, Genre, Device, Size, Version, Price, Average User Rating) and on the right the game's description and its screenshots at the bottom?

Thank you in advance!

2. LunaMay

LunaMay Active Member

Apr 19, 2016
    Herald of Mobile Gaming
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Heya, Total Eclipse. In all honesty, I was wondering about that app thread myself, so I've tried to investigate it a bit. Check out -> this thread, there is a link to a cool script which will download data from iTunes and create a pastable content for TA's app thread. Hopefully, that's what you're looking for.

And I wouldn't create a new thread for each version, that would be spamming. Just mention it in the title or description :).

3. Total Eclipse

Thank you for your suggestion, LunaMay. :)

That is a helpful script indeed and it makes sense to use it, for sure.

However, I was referring to what you see in the attached images.

Is that something only Moderators can do?

Thanks,
    Argiris

Attached Files:

4. LunaMay

LunaMay Active Member

Apr 19, 2016
    Herald of Mobile Gaming
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Ah, now I know what you mean. :) Sadly it sure seems so, you'll probably have to approach some of them directly. I'm certain they won't doom you to eternal damnation for asking about it and Eli seems like a go to person. ^-^

5. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    That stuff is pulled automatically from the App Store when you use your iTunes link with these tags without the asterisk:

[*appinfo=all]Put_iTunes_URL_Here[/appinfo]

But it looks like your game already has a thread? http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=122957

You can create a thread for it in the Android forum too (http://forums.toucharcade.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32) but it won't do any of that fancy app info stuff because Google Play doesn't work the same as the App Store.

Unfortunately, we don't have a Windows Phone forum :)

6. Total Eclipse

Jared, thank you for helping out! Since this was back in 2012 and this is a MAJOR update (we worked on it for 20 months) would you mind if I start a new thread titled "A Clockwork Brain 2.0, now available on iOS, Android & Windows"?

7. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Hmmm, you can if you want, I guess. But you can't have two active threads at once. The biggest drawback of making a new thread is that anyone who was subscribed to the old thread won't get an alert and may or may not end up seeing the new thread.

8. Total Eclipse

Jared, I've gone ahead and created a new thread, as v.2.0 is too big to just mention in the previous thread.

How can we tell if people had subscribed to the previous one?

Thanks!
    Argiris