Best Video Converter for Ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by mrcc, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrcc

mrcc Well-Known Member

i was thinking of purchasing a video converter for my ipod touch. what do u think is the best.

2. Monopoly

Monopoly Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    videora Ipod Converter

ITS FREE

3. wonderva

wonderva Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Handbrake is the best and easiest to use.
    It can also rip videos from DVDs.
    Oh, its free too.

4. iScarFace

iScarFace Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Theres a website online called media-converter or something that can convert for free.

5. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Plenty of great free ones at download.com. Just check the ratings and reviews before you download.

Try dvd encrypter for ripping dvds. It's free, and works pretty darn fast.

6. Khayman

Khayman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Yupp i would go for "Handbrake" anytime to.
    Its for mac and pc and is really good.

7. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    I actually bought a software package from Xilisoft (iPod mate)....I really like it. It works much better than the free apps I have tried. I can leave it running for days straight, and it will get the job done. I have left it ripping hunderds of files at once.

However, if you have limited converting needs, then get a free app like those listed above. iPod mate by Xilisoft is 3 programs in one (a video converter, DVD ripper, and iPod ripper - the iPod ripper can rip the files off of your iPod onto a computer without syncing). It is very, very good and useful.

8. bsg112358

bsg112358 Active Member

Feb 23, 2009
    I have used PEnGUIn Encoder MP4 for Mac. It is a little slower, I think, than other converters, but it does a good job and the videos are high quality. It is also free.

9. esfrost

esfrost Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Jodix is also pretty easy to use, and very simple, and of course its free. I dont think you should spend any money on something like this.

10. jpxdude

jpxdude Active Member

Jan 28, 2009
    It might sound weird, but the best iPod Touch/iPhone video convertor i've used is XviD4PSP!

I have tried all kinds, including Videora, Xilisoft, Handbrake, and Virtual Hub/iSquint, but non of those compare quality-wise to XviD4PSP in my opinion.

The nice thing about XviD4PSP as well is that you can use the presets (which include presets for other systems, video games consoles, ipods) and customise them to your liking, as well as encoding subtitles straight into videos, which works amazingly well.

I recently ripped New Police Story, and wanted only the cantonese version, and downloaded the subs from another website. The program lets me fuse the subs into the encoded video for my iPod Touch 2G, something i've had a hard time doing with any other software.

Give is a go, and see if it works for you. :)

11. Hawk4x4

Hawk4x4 Member

Feb 24, 2009
    I've been using Videora Converter. It has yielded the best results of any software I've used so far and its free.

12. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
  13. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    videora works nicelyfor me..but i think ill check out handbrake, thanks for dah suggestions ppl

14. HandheldGames

HandheldGames Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    CEO & Founder, Creative Director, Producer, & Desi
    Lynnwood, Washington
    iTivo can bring content down from a HD Tivo right to iPod/iPhone/Apple TV, Quicktime, etc.

It's also free.

15. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Handbrake is great.
    I have also had good results with Quick Media Converter (which also gets good reviews...)