iPad Best Tower Defense games - app store feature

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Scott30, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Scott30

Scott30 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2009
    #1 Scott30, Apr 7, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
    I know theres already a lot of TD threads but thought I would point out the front page has the best TD games feature at the bottom games are -

Fieldrunners
    Sentinel
    7 cities
    The Creeps
    Beseigement
    Zombie Attack
    Geo Defense
    ElementalMonsterTD

Interesting no Crystal Defenders...:rolleyes:

So just wondering if you thought any TD games got snubbed? How many of these do you own?

I have all but Zombie Attack ( played the lite didnt like it much but its interesting ) and only other TD game I have is Garden Wars which I havent played much of yet.

Im really hoping no more good TD are coming cause I have too many already lol but I think its Star Defense or something like that that looks good. This genre is getting very crowded on the iphone, are you sick of TD yet?

2. dmbfan1192

dmbfan1192 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2009
    You really could have posted this here.

3. deckard

deckard Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Tap Defense got snubbed big-time. I'll forgive them the snubbing of Dungeon Defense as it's only a couple weeks old and new content is still being added.

4. Scott30

Mar 19, 2009
    Ah you know I have that one too its free but yes I really enjoyed first TD game I played on iphone.

5. bdegrande

bdegrande Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Tap Defense is one of the best, free or not. SImple to learn and beautifully balanced game play.

6. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

*sigh* I own all of those.

Best Tower Defense game on the iPhone is totally Sentinel!

7. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    +1
    between the walls, towers, leaderboards, income, drones sentinel takes the cake easily

8. lopches

lopches Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    I like both crystal defenders and elemental td. Sure well see more of dungeon defence.

9. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

I fell asleep playing Sentinel a few days ago in Endurance mode. I had this insane base set up and was just collecting interest trying to save money to do a massive round of sniper tower ugrades... Woke up to a game over and $14k in cash. :(

10. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Also I know it's just me but I cannot get in to Elemental TD. I don't know if it's the weird backgrounds, the strange card-based tower system that kind of reminds me of Yu Gi Oh or what but the game is just totally unappealing to me. People call me crazy, I just can't get in to it.

11. Scott30

Mar 19, 2009
    lol good one and no I have not gotten into elementalTD yet either for a bit of the same reasons

12. kennfusion

kennfusion Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 2, 2008
    Brooklyn, New York
    iTD got snubbed big time on this list. No way are Zombie Attack or TheCreeps better games.

13. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Both Fieldrunners and The Creeps! are there so I'm happy.

Not really, he's talking about a very different point. It's not what WE think the best TD games are, but what APPLE think the best TD games are.

14. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    TD!

I've got them all (and more) except for Zombie Attack, but I think they did a good job selecting the top titles.

I finally broke down and bought Crystal Defenders, due to the update, but I haven't had a chance to play it yet.

15. Wow great list. Yes only missing iTD and Garden War.

16. Bethany

Bethany Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    I haven't had time to start Garden War yet, so I can't comment on that, but iTD definitely deserved to be on that list. TapDefense, too, but that's not as egregious an omission as iTD.

17. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

couldn't agree more. :cool:

18. Scott30

Mar 19, 2009
    I figured iTD would get a lot of most snubbed nods, I have played the lite the game seems pretty solid, I like the towers and upgrades seemed cool from what I remember. It would prob be my next purchased TD game if no new ones jump it.

I do like these games are being featured, hopefully means more sales which always helps for more updates :). Although to be fair most of these games have had pretty big updates already but certainly more is possible.

The Sentinel Devs seem to have some good plans for updates so cant wait for that.

19. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    I'll have to humbly disagree. I love ZA! Still do! A lot of the regulars here love it too. Also, i got in early at 0.99c and IUGO added a whole bunch of new features since 1.0. Until now, it is still one of the most played game for me.

iTD is a good game. I tried the lite version, but the simplistic art and fixed path AI really put me off. I'm not a pure breed TD player, so the free roaming, crazy blood-letting with flying arms and decapitated heads in ZA! are really great fun, not to mention the frantic twitch reflexes need to control the survivor. Since iTD is a fixed path TD, it should probably be compared against fieldrunners and i'm sure we all know how that contest will go down.

Didn't try TheCreeps so i can't comment on that. I can see why others will prefer some of the traditional TD games over others, but I believe ZA! deserved it's spot on that list.

20. Spiral75

Spiral75 Well-Known Member

Dungon Defense WOULD be of my favorites IF it had some sort of change. The map and looks just get boring. If it had a change of backgrounds and maps it would be alot more fun.

Crystal Defenders should have made the list. Especially with the latest update, to me its one of the best.