Best Tower Defense Game

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by mOOm, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    So did Haruhi. EAP is much more fun

2. WileECoyote

WileECoyote Member

Mar 14, 2011
    I've got a lot of TD games. I think the top ones are The Creeps!, Defender Chronicles, geoDefense, and Tower Madness. Personally, I think The Creeps! and Defender Chronicles are the two best out there because of the great replay value, but geoDefense and Tower Madness both have an interesting scoring system that make them have good replay value as well.

3. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    #43 ojtitus, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
    My personal favorites are The Creeps, Fieldrunners, TowerMadness, Plants vs Zombies, Sentinel 3, iBomber Defense, and Starfall. In no particular order. The TD game I'm looking forward to the most is Defenders of Ardania(http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=82969).

4. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Gemcraft is coming! Hugely popular flash game, with a campaign much like Defender Chronicles with a large set of upgradeable skills and the ability to go back to earlier levels for a better score.

I am very excited about gemcraft, the flash game is lots of fun, and VERY accessible. Has a charm and character that should appeal to a very broad audience, ala Plants vs. Zombies, while still retaining all of what makes a TD game fun.

I have not beta tested the IOS game, so we'll see.

5. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Dungeon Defenders, Mikado Defenders, and Defense Chronicles are some of the best IMO. I used to like Dungeon Defense too, but it's outdated at this point.

However, I'm eagerly waiting for Two Worlds TD - the lite version is awesome!

6. natejeevas

natejeevas Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Student
    Not USA
    I love this kind of thread, helpful for others! C:

On topic, my favorite is The Creeps, cute graphics is one of the factor.

7. terencefish

terencefish Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Only played The creeps and it's good I think.

8. Ohden

Ohden Well-Known Member

May 10, 2011
    I've only had my iphone for a short time, but so far from what I've tried I'd list my top three as:

• Defender Chronicles
    • Starfall
    • Besiegement

I had been playing some TD games on the DS, including Starship Defense, Fieldrunners, Ninjatown, and Dairojo Samurai Defenders, but it's tough to go back to the large pixels after settling in with the IP4 display.

9. yea me too only seven more days till I we can finally have our wish. Love Two Worlds castle defense. I would try Mikado if it were universal but I very rarely buy something non ipad version nowadays.

10. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Yep, looking forward to it - it's been a bit of a wait. :p
    On a side note, I just got Epic War TD - another pretty good TD game. Graphics are awesome and gameplay actually requires some thought (figuring out which towers to use).