**Best Tower Defense Game?**

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Drakkz, Jun 7, 2009.

1. k1ite

k1ite Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    Pharmacy Technician
    Loma Linda, California
    I love The Creeps because of the graphic style and sometimes using a predetermined pathway can be fun and more relaxing than trying to plan a route.

2. ianlow32

ianlow32 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Definitely TowerMadness .. its addictive and the downloadable content/new maps is really cool.

Sentinel prob my 2nd fav ... but lacks the same kind of open strategies you can try with TM

3. robertf224

robertf224 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    fieldrunners, geodefense, or stardefense. Sentinel sucks. It's just not very interesting or fun to play like the other ones are. I don't have 7 cities, but I hear its great.

4. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Have you even played Star Defense?

I have, and it is my fav. =]

5. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Personally, my favorite is Dungeon Defense - a great game that should become even greater when the next update comes that's supposed to have a randomized map (sometime this month supposedly). What's cool is that it doesn't totally feel like a tower defense game - it almost feels like a reverse dungeon crawl - still has the basic elements of a TD game though. I think the only drawback is there are only 3 types of units/towers - hopefully more will be added after the new map is added.
    And DD is on sale right now for $1!

Aside from DD, Battle Field and Sentinel are both pretty good too, though I only tried the lite versions of those. BF seemed similar to Fieldrunners in that it has freedom of tower placeability. Sentinel has the set routes, but it adds a different unique feature - the drones that will either repair your walls or collect resources.

Oh yeah, and Zombie Attack was a pretty good one too, though I haven't played it much lately. It's got a unique feature as well - you control a character that sets up the towers (and he can be killed as well). It's funny to watch the zombies get sliced, burned, and blown up and run around with their heads and arms cut off. There's a lite version of that as well.

6. zipper

zipper Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    I wanna put in a vote for the Creeps. That game is great, i love the art and it's a great deal for a dollar.

7. ChrisH

ChrisH Active Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Retired :-)
    England
    I have quite a few TD games now. My first introduction to them was GeoDefense which I loved and played a lot until the last update made some of the levels virtually impossible to defeat. The one advantage this game has is that all levels are unlocked so you can play whichever you want. My second try was Garden War which, again, I played a lot when I first got it - but the last update has made the completion of even the 'normal' levels so hard that playing becomes a chore. As you can tell I prefer 'path' based games but I do have Besiegement which offers a choice between 'path' and 'maze' styles. Needless to say that I have only tried the maze style a couple of times. The other TD game on my front page is The Creeps which, at the moment, is my favourite with 3 different styles of play plus 3 difficulty levels.

I do have several other TD games but they tend to get played once in a while as they don't have the 'must try again' factor that keeps me hooked. I'm talking about 7 Cities (beautiful graphics), Sentinel (manic but repetitive gameplay), Elemental (unique twist with card selection), Dungeon Defense (a bit limited in tower placement and available towers) and Tap Defense (I haven't played this since the last update but it is *free* so it's worth a look).

Hope this helps.

8. MuseFan288

MuseFan288 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    tap defense is pretty good