Best Text Editor for iPhone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by RichardMagpies, Sep 19, 2010.

1. RichardMagpies

RichardMagpies Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    I would like to write some FanFiction, and I am going to Italy in a few days, so excited!

Anyway, I tried Docs2Go, however it lagged heavily. I also tried just using the Notes feature, but I was unable to change the font and send the actual text file to my Computer to be able to upload it or print it off.

Is there any good ones? Thanks for anyone who replies.:eek:

2. macosxguru

macosxguru New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    best text editor

You can use Nebulous(0.99) with DropBox(Free)
    or use SimpleNote(Free) with DropBox(Free)

For SimpleNote to be really useful, you need to subscribe.

Both of these are very capable options with excellent cloud syncing and very well supported programs.

macosxguru

3. acrotran

acrotran Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    #3 acrotran, Sep 19, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
    I haven't tried it yet, but Evernote.com also has an iPhone App and a desktop app and a website. Evernote works with nearly every computer, phone and mobile device out there. It also works with snapshots, audio, etc. It's $5 per month or $45 per year for syncing.

I've been using Safe Note Free and transferring files using Fileapp free, but that doesn't provide syncing.

4. acrotran

acrotran Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Simplenote looks really nice. It looks like it does almost everything for free. Why do you say "to be really useful, you need to subscribe"?