Best Tech Support Ever

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Thorero, May 19, 2009.

1. Thorero

Thorero Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Graphic Designer, 3D Modeller, Web Design
    Portugal
    I've just had a rather interesting run in with Apple Tech Support.

Just got done with emailing iTunes Tech Support for a slight problem, 4 Hours later, I got a reply, I thanked them for fixing the issue, and 30 Minutes later, I got another email from them, letting me know that 5 Song Credits have been added to my account.

This is my first Tech Support Experience with Apple, and I'm truly amazed by this. I've dealt with Microsoft, Toshiba, and Nokia Support recently, and all of them essentially told me "Tough Luck".

2. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    Nintendo tech support is pretty nice too. Well at least the lady I was talking to was.

3. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I've sadly had to use Apple Tech Support and it wasnt some India based support team it was a real USA (go USA!) Tech support and they got me through my problems....Not iTunes Credit though :mad::(

4. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Once, on Amazon, when the rest of an album didn't download (gasp, yes, aaaaamaaaazzoooon), I emailed, and since I wanted a response now, I called. They reactivated the links so I could download it again.They responded to the email within 2 hours, stating the same thing. Best support eva!

5. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    doesn't really fall under tech support, but I love how guitar center will exchange broken instrument cables with no reciept, and no questions asked.
    unless it's actually broken in half, they wouldn't let me exchange that one. lol ;)

6. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Apple is #1 in Customer Service. 11 years running.

7. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    i got 5 free songs also in january

8. Shokz

Shokz Well-Known Member

May 8, 2009
    Physicist. No, not really, but maybe one day, i'm
    England. It's a sucky place.
    I think it depends who you get, really - I contacted Microsoft about Dreamspark recently and they were very prompt and helpful. I have, however, had to deal with Yahoo! as well, and i have to say they have the most pathetic support ever, yet i don't know how to file a complaint :(

9. markx2

markx2 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Apple: Battery failed on my macbook pro.
    Store said tough. Their phoneline said tough. Their forums said it should be replaced and linked me to Apple docs. Phoneline said tough. I escalated the call. Still tough. Eventually got through to someone who gave up fighting me and sent my call to someone else. I then had to give serials for every Apple device I own to prove they'd had a ton of money (this was pre-Touch) and only then did she get a battery sent. The original had failed after less than 16 months. Very unimpressed.

Xbox support. Dire. Everything about their support is terrible.

PS3. Fantastic. Got a replacement 60gb machine even though mine was outside warranty. Pleasant people, they knew what they were talking about and didn't use jargon.

10. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Xbox: Like pulling teeth to cancel XBL Gold.
    Dell: Hope you speak understand Arabic and ready to listen to 100 steps you've already performed before the call.
    T-Mobile: Fast, friendly, knowledgeable, willing to compromise.
    Bank of America: Fast, friendly, knowledgeable, willing to compromise.
    Blizzard: Extremely slow, arrogant, flippant, and ignornant.