Best SRPG's on the Appstore

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by heringer, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Jim Shorts

Jim Shorts Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Virginia
    Aside from Tactics Ogre... Front Mission 3 would be the sweetest port.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I'd kill for FM3. Figuratively of course. :)

3. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    One if the first I bought was The War of Eustrath. There is a standard and HD version.

Very Japanesy :)

4. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Apparently Templar Battleforce is pretty good. Haven't played yet, though.

5. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    It was fun going back and reading this thread again.

In a way it's sad, because we still don't have Tactics Ogre. What are you waiting for Square-Enix?

The landscape haven't changed much for SRPG's. Tactics Maiden is still a standout.

Though now that I've had some time with Templar Battleforce, I have to give a node to this one. It might end up being even better than Tactics Maiden in the end.

6. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #46 syntheticvoid, Apr 29, 2016
    Last edited: May 6, 2016
    Templar Battleforce wound up snaking the #3 spot from Aliens Vs. Humans on my fav 3 list. =oP

FFT:WotL
    XCOM: EW
    Templar Battleforce

Record Of Agarest War and Spectral Souls I bought both of them while they were on 50% off sale, and while I can see the appeal, and enjoy the mechanics, it's just SO MUCH OF A GRIND. I mean, I'm all for grinding, FFT is my absolute favorite SRPG ever - but grrrr... those ones are just a bit too much for my liking. I will, of course, keep them on my old 5 and play 'em whenever I get in the mood for some MFi gameplay.

Princess And Knight has gotten a lot better post-release with the updates... I still haven't completed it yet though.

The War of Eustrath will always be a favorite for me as well as Tactical Warrior and LostStar Tactics - those 3, along with Battle For Wesnoth, got me into the iOS SRPG scene, and the SRPG scene in general. I was always a fan of FFT and XCOM, but hadn't played any other tactical RPGs on any gaming platform until I got my old 2nd gen touch and started diving into the AppStore. Now it, along with Roguelikes, are my 2 favorite genres (yeah, beat out Platformers and Shmups over the last 2 years!). Having a GBA emulator has definitely pushed it forward as well. There's quite a few FANTASTIC GBAdvance SRPG titles. I really hope Nintendo just starts releasing ports of old mobile and nes/snes titles. I doubt it'll happen... but I, like so many others, would be in a sort of gaming nirvana. =oP

Anyway... Yappa yappa yappa. <3 the SRPG scene on mobile these days!

**edit**

yeah, so after posting this, I went back and opened up Agarest Zero again - only to find out that I hadn't been spending my PP points... which is a big reason why I had to grind so much... =o/

I might just have to dive back into this thing and try to complete it. =oD