Best Sports games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jacckk, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Jacckk

Jacckk New Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Hello,

I love sports games on any console/device. I am looking for another one to pick up for the iPod touch 3g. I have Madden, but not really anything else Sportsy yet. Are there any good basketball apps? NBA Live is only getting mixed reviews for its price, doesn't seem worth it.

I enjoy both truer to form sports games like Madden, but also games like NBA Jam back in the day.

I also love Tennis games. Do any of these translate well?

EDIT: I also have whatever the Homerun derby game is too, and I love that one.

Thanks!

2. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    there are not really many good sport games out right now, but if you are desperate, I would check out Fifa 10. But be aware that it is made by EA games, so there is probably a catch.

3. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    For tennis, I would go with Real Tennis 09 by Gameloft. There aren't many tennis games for this device. Once you get used to the controls, the game can be pretty fun.

NBA Hotshot looks good for pick up and play if you are into basketball.

If you like skateboarding, definitely get Skater Nation. It is incredible!

4. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    +1 for Fifa 10

X2 Football (soccer) is also very good.

Also if you want something different, I would recommend 'Triple Shot Sports' which is an olympic shooting game: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/triple-shot-sports/id305633914?mt=8

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Another vote for Real Tennis 09. It does take a bit to get used to the controls. It uses a nice system that allows you to better control your shot the longer you take to set them up. The character animation is pretty decent too.

6. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Homerun Battle 3D is awesome

7. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    ya i forgot that u said u like tennis games so i will change my vote to tennis 2009. But once again, it is by gameloft, another big company, so if u see bad reviews they r likely 2 not change.