best slitherine game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by hippiefahrzeug, Mar 4, 2015.

1. hippiefahrzeug

hippiefahrzeug Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    I'm in desperate need for a really good and deep strategy game for my iPad. I set my eye on the slitherine games as they seem to be a generally good fit for my requirements (i.e.: strategy & deep). The price is not an issue, it's more that I don't want to waste time. The problem is that there are so many of highly rated ones. Which one should it be, Pike & Shot? Battle Academy? Panzer Corp? ...

So, which ones of the slitherine games would you guys recommend to someone who hasn't played or seen any of these yet?

2. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    I would say it really depends on what you are looking for, I would really recommend that you watch some reviews of the games that look more appealing to you and go from there. Slitherine does offer some really top notch games, I own almost all of their games on iOS and my favorites are Battle Academy 2, Qvadriga, Legion, and Panzer Corps. Also Vietnam '65 is being released tonight, which I'm looking forward to very much.

Also Sid Meier's Starships is releasing next week on iPad and PC.

3. hippiefahrzeug

hippiefahrzeug Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    thanks ojtitus! I already spent quite some time on reviews and YouTube videos (but those are mostly from pc versions). you see, there are so many glowing reviews for the top slithering games that make it so hard to decide. I like the more strategic orientation of pike and shot, but then I saw a quite bad user review in this game's forum on TA saying that it's a thinned version of BA. I was almost sold.

I very much look forward to the new Sid game though, thanks for the reminder, I almost forgot.

4. Jim Shorts

Jim Shorts Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Virginia
    From the reviews and the gameplay, I don't think you can go wrong with Battle Academy.