iPad Best RPG's?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sambo110, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    I am looking for an RPG that doesn't have turned based combat, is long and has levelling up etc. Which ones would you guys recommend?

2. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    #2 Donburns99, Jan 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
    1. [app]Chronicles of Inotia: Legend of Feanor[/app]
    2. [app]Dungeon & Hero[/app]

I've yet to try it, but [app]Imprisoned![/app] may also fall under your category. (I'm not sure though.)

3. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    The Legend of Zelda with a jailbroken iPhone/iPotch

4. Seien

Seien Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Along with those, which are real time, you might want to consider [app]Arvale[/app] and [app]vay[/app]. These, unlike Inotia and D&H, are turn based. I haven't gotten vay yet, but Arvale's quirky story and fun gameplay made it really enjoyable, WELL worth the $3 price tag IMO. As for vay goes, i've only heard good things about it.

5. OahuSurf

OahuSurf Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2008
    I don't have Inotia but I'm enjoying Dungeon & Hero A LOT, its a very good game. The only thing I don't like is the controls and movement could definitely be smoother and the dialog has bad grammar sometimes which is annoying. Overall though, I LOVE IT!

6. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Both also amazing, but sadly as you mentioned turn based. :(

I'd personally recommend Vay above all others if there were no conditions besides RPG. ^ ^

It was the first application I purchased and the only one I planned before I even had the device. :p

7. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Me 2! Well Vay and Monkey Ball, both were bought at the same time...

Yea go for Vay, pretty fun game...

8. Spitfire3775

Spitfire3775 Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Earth
    I have vay and have spent around 4 hours on it and I am only 10% done. The combat is fun and the game has a zelda-ish/NES vibe. Worth the 5 dollars

9. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    In my personal order of preference:

1. Chronicles of Inotia - lots of grinding involved but for some reason I can't stop playing it. I'm level 40 now about to finish it. I'd say I've spent about 15-20 hours on it already. My most played app ever.

2. Dungeon & Hero - good game so far, more action/rpg than Inotia, more depth / story, quests are mainly kill X amount of monsters or go get X item but otherwise this is probably the most fleshed out RPG available on the app store at this current time.

3. Arvale - Game ported from pocket PC platform, excellent writing, good humour, overall good RPG package. This is turn based combat though.

I've owned Vay since July last year but haven't been able to actually get into it for some reason.

10. Iolo

Iolo Member

Jan 6, 2009
    I'm a big fan of RPG.
    I enjoyed Dungeon & Hero very much and cleared it.
    It's a very FUN game. Worth 5 bucks.
    I don't want to spend money on other RPGs out there.
    I'd rather wait Diablo 1 or 2, Ultima 6 or 7, or Might and Magic etc..

11. Zandog

Zandog Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Public Relations/Graphic Designer - Spiffcode Inc.
    Seattle, Wa
    CMON Square/Enix! Announce your RPG already!

12. larrybeo

larrybeo Active Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Vay!

I'd like to put my 2 cents in and say that Vay is a very fin game to play!

13. Walker33

Walker33 Well-Known Member

I am also waiting for a good rpg to come out for the Iphone from the Square/Enix shop. I was disappointed with their tower defence attempt. Not that it was a bad game, just that I exspected more to come from the SE shop.

14. Zandog

Zandog Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Public Relations/Graphic Designer - Spiffcode Inc.
    Seattle, Wa
    I've already gotten wind of such an RPG. Not sure if it will follow a franchise or not, but if I find out anything, I'll leak it.

15. Myrobotwillneverdie

Myrobotwillneverdie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    SEPDX
    Dungeon and hero is my vote, including your prefrences. Although, as already mentioned vay is awesome( even though I can't beat the last level)

16. Seien

Seien Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    All this talk about Vay has made me want to buy it even more! (That and that it's the only one on the iPhone i haven't played yet). The beauty of getting an RPG for the iPhone is that the gameplay, like most RPG's, has alot of depth. This translates into multiple hours spent on it and the feeling that you really got your money's worth.

And yes Zandog, PLEASE leak some info as soon as you find out :)

17. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    I'd have to say Imprisoned is a good game. You navigate the island via arrows and combat is real-time and controlled by the player. All in all, good stuff and worth $3.99.